Of Strength and Hatred

vena.cava. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
My biggest contingency with this episode was Mahi's pure hatred of Zoya. Mahi seems to have her brother on a pedestal that is never-ending, he seems to never be in the wrong even when she claims that he must have had an affair. Yet, even then, even in the throes of arguments Mahi makes it a point to continuously claim that she is stronger than Zoya because she fights her own battles 'koi pitaahyah bhai nahi hai mere paas jo meri ladayi lareh'. Does she despise Zoya because of how protected she is from the realities of the world? Does she despise Zoya's naivety, the way she views the world so single-handedly in a rose-coloured lens? Maybe it isn't hatred at all, maybe it's jealousy. Maybe it's envy that Mahi's own father isn't in the equation and Zoya's is so involved. Maybe' it's jealousy because Yash very obviously left his family, left Mahi, to be with Zoya. Yash's mother though seems to be more levelheaded, more attuned to sensitivity. She doesn't have any disregard for Zoya and seems to want to have her be a part of the life Zoya never was.

We see Zoya's ring run away from her and brings her to Aditya. As the world always will, as the fabrics of time and fate will always connect her to him. And yet again Adi has to continue to berate her, tell her she's wrong for believing her truth, that she is weaker than him, that she isn't strong enough to stand up for herself. It seems to be a parallel to the bhaashans Mahi was throwing her way. That Zoya is so protected, her father's protected her from everything, she is so cushioned away from the realities of life. And maybe she is, and maybe her journey in Mumbai will help change that. Will mature Zoya in a way that will be refreshing to see.

Zoya then turns it around on him. That Aditya is the one running away, that his yelling at her is false and empty. Here's where Aditya is vehemently wrong, he is not stronger than Zoya. Zoya is more emotionally stable than most of the characters who have tried to prove her wrong. She is more self-aware and is able to actually voice out loud that she has broken apart, that Yash's death has completely destroyed her, but unlike Adi she knows it.

It is so symbolic that Aditya is the one flying her journey in the last scene. He cannot takeoff and neither can she. He resolves he isn't strong enough and Zoya resolves that she is. It was beautifully done. Their journies, though they believe them to be separate, are very much the same. They cannot move on without each other.

In the precap we see Adi tell Zoya that his nafrat uski mohabbat se zyada bepannah hai. I kind of dislike that they're going the cliched route of having them work together and him hating her. It's so overdone and ridiculous. But everything about this show has been very extra in its dramatics, so I mean I can't say that I'm surprised 😆

I also wonder what makes Adi say that his pity for her has been eviscerated into hate? Does he uncover things about the separate businesses being linked? Is it something Zoya says/does? He throws the picture of Yash on the floor in Yash's home, which means he figures something out. Guess we'll have to wait and watch.

Edited by vena.cava. - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Az07 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Mahi as a character for the first time got into me after this episode I feel it's her frustration that at a young age she had to take her house responsibility at her shoulders even when she had a successful brother who seemed to only pamper his wife & never took care of them is coming out as hatred for Zoya from Mahi. Still that doesn't give the right for her to behave the way she does with Zoya. Mahi as a character has so much depth & layers if makers can explore she can stand out as an excellent character the potential is there in her character since Zoya is staying back in Yash home I am looking forward how Mahi realises that it was never Zoya who distanced Yash from them rather than he himself did that, if that realisation hits her she can become a pillar of support for Zoya in future. It's upon makers hand I really hope they won't make her a typical vamp. Coming to Zoya I still feel her love & trust for Yash is the biggest strength in her character to world she might look like living in fool's paradise but come on it's not wrong to have faith in your partner sometimes truth is not what eyes meet. Maybe Zoya's trust eventually turns out to be the truth. Anyways I like that she showed Aditya the truth. She herself accepted that she is broken after Yash's death because what all had happened the truth is she loved Yash & she is accepting it. Aditya on the other hand never realised his anger & frustration are nothing but outcome of his own selfless love for Pooja & Zoya showed him the reality even after all this he had loved Pooja truly & all these events did affect him badly
Limerence thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
No doubt Mahi's spoke extra but she never got what she always wanted even having before her... May she wanted her life simple and loving still fight with world to survive and what i feel its not wrong to feel this much frustrated ...its actual behavior of people...She has to face the realities of life after having brother and I think father ...they left her and her mother alone just to fight so I found upto some extent She is right ...
Like other Mahi is also don't know actual truth she is just too much broken and Zoya is becoming victims of her this frustration... Its like we want someone to whom we can throw our tantrums and Zoya is playing that role in Mahi's life... If Zoya has replied back Mahi would have never said anything but Zoya is too dumb or naive to reply back...
I agree Mahi lost her brother but Zoya also lost her husband so Zoya really don't have right to let herself insult and she should never let anyone to take her battle to fight ...like Mahi said either Zoya's father and husband.

Zoya and Adi's confrontation is good enough to much ...Everyone know that Adi is running away from his love and Zoya being stranger told him to accept the truth and its always like this in future watever Zoya is going to sat Adi is going to affect from each and everything.
In Adi's Family nobody has power to tell anything because he dispise his parents ...bhai to chhota hai hi and Pooj's mother is living grief of her daughter

But Why nobody is start investing about Yash and Pooja's matter till yet...what I feel is slowly stuff related to Pooja is going to come automatically.

anjaanichudi thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Az07

Mahi as a character for the first time got into me after this episode I feel it's her frustration that at a young age she had to take her house responsibility at her shoulders even when she had a successful brother who seemed to only pamper his wife & never took care of them is coming out as hatred for Zoya from Mahi. Still that doesn't give the right for her to behave the way she does with Zoya. Mahi as a character has so much depth & layers if makers can explore she can stand out as an excellent character the potential is there in her character since Zoya is staying back in Yash home I am looking forward how Mahi realises that it was never Zoya who distanced Yash from them rather than he himself did that, if that realisation hits her she can become a pillar of support for Zoya in future. It's upon makers hand I really hope they won't make her a typical vamp. Coming to Zoya I still feel her love & trust for Yash is the biggest strength in her character to world she might look like living in fool's paradise but come on it's not wrong to have faith in your partner sometimes truth is not what eyes meet. Maybe Zoya's trust eventually turns out to be the truth. Anyways I like that she showed Aditya the truth. She herself accepted that she is broken after Yash's death because what all had happened the truth is she loved Yash & she is accepting it. Aditya on the other hand never realised his anger & frustration are nothing but outcome of his own selfless love for Pooja & Zoya showed him the reality even after all this he had loved Pooja truly & all these events did affect him badly

I really hope d character of Mahi grows d way u hv mentioned. She shud realise it was not Zoya's fault n support her. I like d actress n i don't want a typical vamp.
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Loved your analysis and completely agree that Zoya is the most emotionally self aware character at the moment, she knows she's broken and she admits that. I thought that was a very powerful scene and hopefully an indication of how she's going to help Adi become emotionally stable (kinda like the church scene symbolism of how she's the light)
bila_a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
excellent analysis, mahi was very harsh but she did have some truths to what she way saying, you could sense that because there is no father figure in the house, yash took that spot, but it seems like him constantly trying to pamper and please zoya and her father took him away from her and their mum and she had to bear all the responsibility. her mum is also not typical as of yet, i was surprised she was giving zoya a chance to come in the house and telling her daughter to apologise, i hope the cv's can bond mahi and zoya down the road as support for one another. also i loved loved loved how zoya said that she is broken that was powerful, what's keeping zoya going is her belief in yash and wanting to protect his memories, i like the tables were turned in the airport and then like you said on the plane, we got to see who really was weak and who really was strong. as cliched as the setting maybe, there are only few places where people can be in close proximity, office, hospitals, homes or i guess places of any work, given this episode what stands out is the the characters and their emotional journey so despite the setting its more about the journey, and i really wanted a good intense love-hate story, they did mention that its the story of how these two fall in love, a 2nd chance and how its bepanaah hate and bepanaah love, the promo's indicated the same as well. i always like enemies to lovers type story then the rest of the other romance tropes
.Peaceminusone. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This.!!
I've said it before too, that while it's difficult for both of them to let go of their past, it's going to be more difficult for Aditya than that of Zoya, simply because Aditya is too too clouded by hate and vengeance to feel any thing else, while for Zoya it might be a tad bit less difficult simply coz she doesn't harbour any resentment for either of the two (yet).
Plus people seem to have an unwarranted hatered for Zoya, case in point Mahi, Aditya. For Mahi, can't pinpoint what exactly it is yet, is it as simple as her belief that Zoya took brother away from them or something to do with insecurity issues or something more to the story underneath the surface, as for Aditya while I do get he's angry now, it still gives him no right for lashing out on Zoya irrespective of the Time and Place, and more so for Zoya to hearing his words down always, while I do get the makers want to potray her as a tame, mild woman who never answers anyone back, I hope they don't always make her the one to be listening quietly, just like yesterday, I liked it when she (finally) gave it back to him..
The Precap really had me dafaq is going on here? But I'll still be patient and reserve my judgment about it for more two weeks 😆