What Do Adi's Taunts Mean?

V4o9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
I felt he was being especially mean in Episode 4. But it is extremely realistic as not everyone reacts the same way. This behavior is not because of hatred. It is because of the love that he had for Pooja and he is absolutely clueless how to act now. So throwing tantrums is the way he is trying to escape from really acknowledging that he is left alone with no answers.

Coming to the failure of relationships - What drives those left behind nuts is 'why' did this happen? Kya kami thi? The writers have dropped clues from Episode 2 as what is it that society thinks - Zo unknowingly accuses Adi of being an abusive husband and that Yash was helping out an abla naari. Unfortunately for her, he hears that!

In Epi 4, though sarcastically, he returns the favor by telling her maybe there was something wrong with her (not hot enough maybe and no brains in the mix). But this was his way of gauding her taking action and acknowledging that their partners cheated on them. He wants her to defend and respect herself (with folded hands he said please). He is determined to show her that and she will be determined to show him otherwise which will form the crux of the story. He is also pointing out that she does not deserve this pain as she is ill-treated by his family as well. Maybe he is afraid that if he lets her believe in her husband's innocence, he will be forced to rethink his stand?

These are again something that the society would think that there is something wrong with the partners due to which someone acts immorally and ends up cheating. A cruel and insensitive accusation! Maybe the writers are pointing in the direction that that is not how it works always in real life. If yes, that's a great storyline man! I just hope they do not turn it into a murder mystery!
Edited by V4o9 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

982283 thumbnail
Honestly the taunt was rude. I don't think its right for any man to say that to another woman in a vulnerable state. And then to think the woman falls in love with him? But hey its an Indian show. You have to slip some things under the rug. And if I were to be very blunt Jennifer is more attractive then Namitha physically, in every way, in my eyes. She has a better figure too. Namitha really doesn't have one, she is just skinny. So his taunts were meaningless for the most part. Maybe he was just trying to get a reaction out of her. But it was very rude.

I think what Yash found attractive in Pooja maybe was an independent woman on her own feet. They showed Zoya to be dependent on Yash or her father. I wonder if she had any career aspirations that she sacrificed for Yash. He might also just been distanced from her due to their family problems.
Edited by grumpydwarf - 6 years ago
bugsbunny12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
His comments were indeed rude...i mean the woman has just lost her husband, just learned her late husband cheated on her, just is struggling to believe it, just is desperate to be at the funeral...and to a woman in such a condition...he says all those things 😆

Im surprised she didnt slap him...

As a conclusion when adi started saying learn to defend urself, i was like "Yeah dude, cover it up quickly before she delicately bruises u again" 🤣

Mishti_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: V4o9

I felt he was being especially mean in Episode 4. But it is extremely realistic as not everyone reacts the same way. This behavior is not because of hatred. It is because of the love that he had for Pooja and he is absolutely clueless how to act now. So throwing tantrums is the way he is trying to escape from really acknowledging that he is left alone with no answers.

Coming to the failure of relationships - What drives those left behind nuts is 'why' did this happen? Kya kami thi? The writers have dropped clues from Episode 2 as what is it that society thinks - Zo unknowingly accuses Adi of being an abusive husband and that Yash was helping out an abla naari. Unfortunately for her, he hears that!

In Epi 4, though sarcastically, he returns the favor by telling her maybe there was something wrong with her (not hot enough maybe and no brains in the mix). But this was his way of gauding her taking action and acknowledging that their partners cheated on them. He wants her to defend and respect herself (with folded hands he said please). He is determined to show her that and she will be determined to show him otherwise which will form the crux of the story. He is also pointing out that she does not deserve this pain as she is ill-treated by his family as well. Maybe he is afraid that if he lets her believe in her husband's innocence, he will be forced to rethink his stand?

These are again something that the society would think that there is something wrong with the partners due to which someone acts immorally and ends up cheating. A cruel and insensitive accusation! Maybe the writers are pointing in the direction that that is not how it works always in real life. If yes, that's a great storyline man! I just hope they do not turn it into a murder mystery!

Perfect analysis!
I agree with everything you said!👏
Morana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Umm ... why wouldn't he be rude towards her ?? If she can project a complete stranger as an abuser to excuse away Yash's cheating and fed her own delusion ( let's not forget she wasn't doing it in the privacy of their home when she was doing so with her father , when she called Aditya an abuser without knowing a single thing about Aditya but hey as long as that serves as an excuse for her husband it's all peachy! Aditya was right there and he heard every thing. ) So yeah you don't go around throwing stones at the windows of people while living in a glass house.
If she can be so rude so can Aditya. They're total strangers right now and neither of them care a damn about other one's feelings and that's perfect normal . They're still wallowing in grief and acting out.
Zoya is like the living breathing reminder of Yash ( since she's his wife ) and she reminds him of what her husband and his wife did together and also the fact that she's behaving in exactly in the same manner his own mother did when his father cheated on her. For Adi this is something he can neither forget nor forgive and he's constantly trying to bring out Zoya to protest against the wrongs done to her , something his mother never did ( and he grew distant with his own mom because of it. )
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think it's more of his grief, anger, frustration everything venting out. Someone pointed out in another thread that since Pooja is dead and he cannot get closure since she isnt there to give any sort of justification for her cheating (if she even did cheat). Due to this all of his feelings are haywire due to the revelation that his best friend/love/wife cheated on him and now is no more and also that his past (daddy issues) are brimming to the surface and Zoya, unfortunately, happens to be there to see it all, hence his taunts and frustration at her.
and as the poster above me pointed out, Zoya is a reminder of Yash to him, that emodiment of just because of Zoya's inability to please her husband, he had to go and cheat with Pooja.
982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Carmilla

Umm ... why wouldn't he be rude towards her ?? If she can project a complete stranger as an abuser to excuse away Yash's cheating and fed her own delusion ( let's not forget she wasn't doing it in the privacy of their home when she was doing so with her father , when she called Aditya an abuser without knowing a single thing about Aditya but hey as long as that serves as an excuse for her husband it's all peachy! Aditya was right there and he heard every thing. ) So yeah you don't go around throwing stones at the windows of people while living in a glass house.

If she can be so rude so can Aditya. They're total strangers right now and neither of them care a damn about other one's feelings and that's perfect normal . They're still wallowing in grief and acting out.
Zoya is like the living breathing reminder of Yash ( since she's his wife ) and she reminds him of what her husband and his wife did together and also the fact that she's behaving in exactly in the same manner his own mother did when his father cheated on her. For Adi this is something he can neither forget nor forgive and he's constantly trying to bring out Zoya to protest against the wrongs done to her , something his mother never did ( and he grew distant with his own mom because of it. )

Again I feel intent matters. Zoya was in a state of shock there. She didn't realize Aditya was there. Nor did she say any of that to intentionally get a reaction from Aditya. She said it to protect her hubby. Even if that doesn't justify her words for you then him giving it back to her once was understandable but he is the one who starts being rude EVERY time they meet. I hope they tone it down.
Sutapasima thumbnail
Lovely discussions ... This thread makes s great read 👍🏼