Powerhouse of performances : Zoya & Aditya but their spouses??

vishwash thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi everyone
I'm pretty new to this forum.
The promos got me glued to the show and now I'm a fan of Jennifer and Harshad.
3 episode down and we are witnessing power-packed performances from the leads and the supporting cast especially both the fathers.
the casting of the show is absolutely spot on
what caughtt my attention was the average casting of the spouses of both Zoya and Aditya
They both are bland and come across as zero screen presence when compared to the leads. It just ruins the scenes because when u have a powerful performance on screen u look forward to equally powerful response from the other end and that's what has been missing .

Zoya's hubby(Donno the name of the actor) Is such a stiff guy that he kills the whole essence of the scene. The guy just can't act. At one point u have a beauty like Jennifer and then u look at him and his zero expression and u seriously want to bang the casting director
Same goes with the girl playing Aditya's wife. She is stiff too but then u can still tolerate her coz she looks aloof and snobbish and that could be her characterization.
I just hope we are done with whatever flashes Zoya and Aditya have of these 2 people because I seriously feel they kill the show with their below par performances.
The USP of the show is power packed performances and frankly I don't think they are experienced enough to match the acting capability of both Jennifer and Harshad

These are strictly my views. No offence to anyone intended.
Let me know how u guys feel

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ardhanarishwara thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
I think it's too early to comment on their acting skills becoz we dnt know yet what their character is supposed to be.. I have got a clear picture about the relationship Aditya-pooja shared but regarding Yash-zoya I am confused..may be his character is of a reserved stiff guy, I dnt know yet so I can't comment on his acting..but one thing is for sure when it comes to screen presence HarshJen literally eats the other 2 alive..
We surely have got a lethal combo as lead pair in terms of looks,acting and screen presence.
Ani_La_Iam thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail

I agree with the performance of the spouses. Would have been great if they have chosen some actors that are able to give more shades to the characters - especially if there will me more flashbacks and there are more secrets to come in the open.

The actors chosen for the show are all great. Even Aditya's brother and Zoya's husbands sister.

Aditya's mother in law: How can a mom think about her daughter cheating when you just lost her?Just because she heard that her daughter was holding hand with a guy??? a mother's love is unconditionally and no mother will think about her daughter been cheating in a situation where she just lost her...that was out of character.

I like the show but I have a problem with connecting to Aditya's character. That for me do not make sense and are too confusing and personally not that well written.

Both Jennifer and Harshad are giving some great performances...a little dramatic at time but it is a Indian tv show...so drama to chalta hai.

Reason for my confusion: Aditya has knows his wife since she was 12 years old - you do not assume that your wife has betrayed you, just because she is holding hand with a guy. unless there has been sign of lies that you have been noticing but ignoring and now everything make sense.

In first episode Aditya was shown as a little boyish - now that for me, does not make sense with him having a lot of anger toward his parents and hating betrayal. His character should have been shown as serious - plus he is a pilot with some tough training.

He is shown as very loving toward his wife and mother in law in first episode, but the way he talked to Zoya at the end of second episode, showed his anger and his thoughts toward (what he believes) weak women. Now that could be his anger toward his mom that came out...but still the dialogue was out of character.

Either you are boyesh and happy go lucky or you have bitterness and anger toward your parents and family...even the world.

If you have been living in a house where you do not speak your mind...everything is hush hush...even when you know the true you ignored it. You are suppressed and so are your feeling... by the father of the house - you become a reserved, serious and a little sensitive like Aditya's brother or a rebellion.

Maybe first episode was to show the chemistry between the leads...when they were running in the streets...which was cute...but doing that is making his character all confusing and his anger dramatic.

If there has been no sign of betrayal and you find out suddenly...it is a trauma and you are in denial like Zoya is. The anger comes later and not when you are holding you dead wife in your arms.

My point with all this is...they have rushed the first few episodes. Just my view.

Maybe they will slow down and let the character grow slowly.
Edited by Ani_La_Iam - 6 years ago
nilizaa thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Yes...it's too early to come to a conclusion but I definitely felt that guy playing the Yash character could have been better...couldn't see much emotions or expressions even for the little while he came with Jenny...on the other hand I feel pooja is not that bad at all...
V4o9 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I think they look bland when we compare them to the main leads. HC and Jen are too strong to contend against. Maybe they are too nervous when they act against people who are so natural in their roles. Moreover, they have not had much to do than lie dead.

Maybe flashbacks will come up in the future where they get to perform somewhat better. But I just hope that does not come with Harshad or Jen with them because they will again look bleak next to them.

I was astounded with the emotions running across HC/JW in epi 1 itself. OMG!! That's some class acting of another level! I have been recommending the show to people to start watching based on acting itself! Their screen presence together is powerful. Waiting to see more of that!
Edited by V4o9 - 6 years ago
VandyP thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
even i feel the flashback scenes are limited
they both are dead...and i hope its for the betterment of all of us😆
i don't find both the actors good
snehaHCAPK thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hi I haven't started to watch the show as of now. But this is the first topic that I am commenting on. And guess what it is not to defend or appreciate my fav Harshad😳😳
I don't know about sehban and I haven't seen the episodes myself so it would be wrong to judge him. But Namita is definitely a good actor as I used to watch her previous show Bade bhaiya ki dulhaniya. I was really happy to ser her opposite harshad because she is one good actor who has not given a good break. As I said I am yet to watch the episodes so I don't know how is she performing in Bepannaah. But I hope we will get to see more of her in the coming episodes.
Harshad and Jenni are definitely two of the best actors on tv right now so I am waiting to see their love story to unfold.
PenguinBaby thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
It's too early to comment on their acting. I have seen shows where Namita and Sehban have worked and they are good actors. Maybe it's their characterization to be stiff and aloof, after all, they were cheating on their partners and really felt stiff when their spouses tried to romance them and aloof too. And we have seen just a handful of their scenes, compared to Harshad and Jennifer's.
Obviously you are free to share your opinions 😆
Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I think they're doing a decent enough job with whatever character space they had, hopefully if the flashbacks are coming then they'll have more to do.

I for one am not really liking the casting of zoya's mom, I feel like the lady playing Adi's mom looks similar to Jennifer lol they should've switched the moms. Yash's sister the character looked like a typical vamp but the actress was good.
Ardhanarishwara thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ani_La_Iam

I agree with the performance of the spouses. Would have been great if they have chosen some actors that are able to give more shades to the characters - especially if there will me more flashbacks and there are more secrets to come in the open.

The actors chosen for the show are all great. Even Aditya's brother and Zoya's husbands sister.

Aditya's mother in law: How can a mom think about her daughter cheating when you just lost her?Just because she heard that her daughter was holding hand with a guy??? a mother's love is unconditionally and no mother will think about her daughter been cheating in a situation where she just lost her...that was out of character.

I like the show but I have a problem with connecting to Aditya's character. That for me do not make sense and are too confusing and personally not that well written.

Both Jennifer and Harshad are giving some great performances...a little dramatic at time but it is a Indian tv show...so drama to chalta hai.

Reason for my confusion: Aditya has knows his wife since she was 12 years old - you do not assume that your wife has betrayed you, just because she is holding hand with a guy. unless there has been sign of lies that you have been noticing but ignoring and now everything make sense.

In first episode Aditya was shown as a little boyish - now that for me, does not make sense with him having a lot of anger toward his parents and hating betrayal. His character should have been shown as serious - plus he is a pilot with some tough training.

He is shown as very loving toward his wife and mother in law in first episode, but the way he talked to Zoya at the end of second episode, showed his anger and his thoughts toward (what he believes) weak women. Now that could be his anger toward his mom that came out...but still the dialogue was out of character.

Either you are boyesh and happy go lucky or you have bitterness and anger toward your parents and family...even the world.

If you have been living in a house where you do not speak your mind...everything is hush hush...even when you know the true you ignored it. You are suppressed and so are your feeling... by the father of the house - you become a reserved, serious and a little sensitive like Aditya's brother or a rebellion.

Maybe first episode was to show the chemistry between the leads...when they were running in the streets...which was cute...but doing that is making his character all confusing and his anger dramatic.

If there has been no sign of betrayal and you find out suddenly...it is a trauma and you are in denial like Zoya is. The anger comes later and not when you are holding you dead wife in your arms.

My point with all this is...they have rushed the first few episodes. Just my view.

Maybe they will slow down and let the character grow slowly.

I agree with your take on both Aditya and poojas mother.
Poojas mom's reactions since she came to know about her daughter's death is wierd...her prime concern should be loosing her daughter...no mom will be in a condition to think anything beyond that at that moment..makers totally got it wrong.
Everyone turning it a case of extra marital affair just because the two were holding hands? What nonsense...Zoyas justifications are absolutely right,it could be that they held hands out of fear when the accident happened..i am more angry at the police men than Aditya because they blindly come to a conclusion(not even doubt,directly into conclusion) just because they were holding hands..Aditya doubting his wife in this situation is possible(j am saying it's possible not justified) because according to his own wife's words she was supposed to be in Chennai but she is not and which shows she was lying in order to hide something and above it he is hearing the police men declaring it as extramarital affair..But again you are just not spouses only but childhood friends too dude.. still I will cut him some slacks because the guy is too sensitive regarding extra marital affairs because of his dad's past deeds..
My full appreciation to zoya in this case.. foundation of every relationship is trust and zoya proved she is the best partner anyone can get.