Not a viable explanation

982283 thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Notice I said explanation not justification. Since infidelity can never be justified. But seriously? Pooja's reason for being unhappy was the her husband was somewhat immature? My take is your never going to find a perfect man anywhere. No matter how hard you tried. Marriage is all about compromise. I can see if Adiya was an alcoholic, abusive or even if he intentionally neglected her because he was all about money. But none of that was the case. I hope the try to make this look more reasonable in the future. Because not only are Yash and Pooja already the most selfish characters in the show, no matter how hard the CVs try to portray the grey area. But Pooja's explanation is not even remotely understandable. Yash's on the other hand is more relatable. Family problems are probably the leading cause of bad marriages in India or in eastern society in general. Again neither one of them were remotely justifiable. But Pooja's reasons needs to be explained more. Was Aditya insecure of having a wife more successful then him? Something needs to be explained more.
Edited by grumpydwarf - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bila_a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I would say they would make them pitiful rather then try to justify their actions. I do understand pooja, adi is like a child and he loves pooja but maybe because they have been friends since they were kids,he got complacent and took her for granted,I think that indication is there in the first ep, he even forgot her birthday which seems like a habit of his and I'm sure it's the same for other things in relation to pooja. Pooja knows how much adi hates cheaters, and he seems very black and white so she drifted, there isn't an excuse but I can see why she drifted towards yash when you also consider Adi would probably be away from home since his a pilot. Maybe she was falling out of love adi. I think we will know more as to why she went towards yash. Yash cheating seems more clear cut as to why he went towards pooja. There isn't really a justification for cheating but clearly these two lacked communication with adi and zoya to sort the problem out
982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: bila_a

I would say they would make them pitiful rather then try to justify their actions. I do understand pooja, adi is like a child and he loves pooja but maybe because they have been friends since they were kids,he got complacent and took her for granted,I think that indication is there in the first ep, he even forgot her birthday which seems like a habit of his and I'm sure it's the same for other things in relation to pooja. Pooja knows how much adi hates cheaters, and he seems very black and white so she drifted, there isn't an excuse but I can see why she drifted towards yash when you also consider Adi would probably be away from home since his a pilot. Maybe she was falling out of love adi. I think we will know more as to why she went towards yash. Yash cheating seems more clear cut as to why he went towards pooja. There isn't really a justification for cheating but clearly these two lacked communication with adi and zoya to sort the problem out

I guess, in flashbacks, they will show more neglect from Adi's end or show him always away for work. But the first episode I couldn't understand the character at all.
malikakas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Notice I said explanation not justification. Since infidelity can never be justified. But seriously? Pooja's reason for being unhappy was the her husband was somewhat immature? My take is your never going to find a perfect man anywhere. No matter how hard you tried. Marriage is all about compromise. I can see if Adiya was an alcoholic, abusive or even if he intentionally neglected her because he was all about money. But none of that was the case. I hope the try to make this look more reasonable in the future. Because not only are Yash and Pooja already the most selfish characters in the show, no matter how hard the CVs try to portray the grey area. But Pooja's explanation is not even remotely understandable. Yash's on the other hand is more relatable. Family problems are probably the leading cause of bad marriages in India or in eastern society in general. Again neither one of them were remotely justifiable. But Pooja's reasons needs to be explained more. Was Aditya insecure of having a wife more successful then him? Something needs to be explained more.

Interesting because I actually felt the opposite. I felt like Pooja's situation is more understandable than Yash's. I mean Zoya went against the family to marry him and seemed to want to please him all the time. Not saying she was perfect but she seemed sort of "moldable".

Whereas Adi being immature has a bigger impact on whether a relationship is viable. Marriage is a partnership. How much can you keep babying someone? He had no concept of money and was happy borrowing money from her. The opening scene showed him as petulant and childish on being woken up. He didn't remember her birthday which sounded like a routine thing. In a long term relationship these things start adding up. So even if he wasn't overtly neglecting her.. he was neglecting her needs. She probably didn't feel emotionally supported. Alcoholism or abuse aren't the only reasons a relationship fails. Lack of emotional intimacy is usually the culprit.

An emotionally available person cannot be in a relationship with someone who is emotionally unavailable because its too awkward for them. If Adi and Zoya were truly emotionally available they would've picked on their respective partners emotional unavailability.
982283 thumbnail

Originally posted by: malikakas

Interesting because I actually felt the opposite. I felt like Pooja's situation is more understandable than Yash's. I mean Zoya went against the family to marry him and seemed to want to please him all the time. Not saying she was perfect but she seemed sort of "moldable".

Whereas Adi being immature has a bigger impact on whether a relationship is viable. Marriage is a partnership. How much can you keep babying someone? He had no concept of money and was happy borrowing money from her. The opening scene showed him as petulant and childish on being woken up. He didn't remember her birthday which sounded like a routine thing. In a long term relationship these things start adding up. So even if he wasn't overtly neglecting her.. he was neglecting her needs. She probably didn't feel emotionally supported. Alcoholism or abuse aren't the only reasons a relationship fails. Lack of emotional intimacy is usually the culprit.

An emotionally available person cannot be in a relationship with someone who is emotionally unavailable because its too awkward for them. If Adi and Zoya were truly emotionally available they would've picked on their respective partners emotional unavailability.

Having family issues to me just seems to be a more common cause, for a bad marriage, in Eastern culture then say someone being tad bit immature. I have seen many marriages run into issues due to this problem. Imagine the toll it would have taken on Yash's self-esteem knowing that his father-in-law did not think he was good enough. Imagine a distance growing between yourself and your intimate family due to your wife. His family might not be perfect but it was the only sister and parents he had. They had cared for him since he was young.

As for Adi's neglect. Yash also forgot to get a gift for Zoya. She didn't seem to mind. She only thought of all the positive moments they had shared together and she knew he loved her. Even before she found the ring that was meant for Puja, she was only teasing him about not having a gift. She didn't seem to take it personally at all. Yash didn't even seem that apologetic for having a flight and having to leave for a trip during his and Zoya's anniversary. How many times did Adi apologize for having forgotten Puja's birthday? I think I lost count. I think intent matters in neglect. He clearly never meant to neglect Puja. He loved her dearly. He did everything he could in his power to make up for forgetting her birthday. People I know and interact with have ADD regarding issues like that but I know from all my other experiences with them that do really do care.

I dont think either Adi or Zoya are to blame for not picking up on their partner's emotional unavailability. They did everything in their power to please their spouses. As I said you cant find a perfect spouse anywhere. Puja and Yash had many flaws of their own. It was on Yash and Puja to be honest with their spouses and either try to work things out or file for divorce.
Edited by grumpydwarf - 6 years ago
bugsbunny12 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I agree with ur take 👍🏼

But seems like pooja didnt 😆

Looks like she was one of those girls who leave their boyfriends/husbands over petty things...
BebaakBegum thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Relationships are not set in a mould. All relationships are different, they have different foundations and hence different breaking point. What might look small to you and me might be a huge thing for someone else. Also, People do fall out of love, ofcourse if you work towards the relationship you can reignite the love but it's really tough to do that when you know the other person inside out already. And Definitely not talking about just marriage but any kind of relationship.
malikakas thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: grumpydwarf

Having family issues to me just seems to be a more common cause, for a bad marriage, in Eastern culture then say someone being tad bit immature. I have seen many marriages run into issues due to this problem. Imagine the toll it would have taken on Yash's self-esteem knowing that his father-in-law did not think he was good enough. Imagine a distance growing between yourself and your intimate family due to your wife. His family might not be perfect but it was the only sister and parents he had. They had cared for him since he was young.

As for Adi's neglect. Yash also forgot to get a gift for Zoya. She didn't seem to mind. She only thought of all the positive moments they had shared together and she knew he loved her. Even before she found the ring that was meant for Puja, she was only teasing him about not having a gift. She didn't seem to take it personally at all. Yash didn't even seem that apologetic for having a flight and having to leave for a trip during his and Zoya's anniversary. How many times did Adi apologize for having forgotten Puja's birthday? I think I lost count. I think intent matters in neglect. He clearly never meant to neglect Puja. He loved her dearly. He did everything he could in his power to make up for forgetting her birthday. People I know and interact with have ADD regarding issues like that but I know from all my other experiences with them that do really do care.

I dont think either Adi or Zoya are to blame for not picking up on their partner's emotional unavailability. They did everything in their power to please their spouses. As I said you cant find a perfect spouse anywhere. Puja and Yash had many flaws of their own. It was on Yash and Puja to be honest with their spouses and either try to work things out or file for divorce.

But Yash's self esteem also had the boost of knowing Zoya picked him. Yash married Zoya knowing her father didn't approve so I don't know that Zoya's father's approval mattered all that much to him. I am not saying family issues don't matter. But, I feel, immaturity plays a larger role in the downfall of relationships. If there is maturity even family issues can be dealt with.

Not giving a gift is not the same as forgetting the actual birthday. Even after being reminded he didn't know that it was the day after. I felt like they wrote it that way for a reason. They were showing him as well intentioned but not considerate. With Yash and Zoya they wrote a different dynamic. Yash acknowledged their anniversary and recognized what Zoya had made him which I think had already pleased Zoya. Like I said Zoya was more desperate to please and be pleased.. which is why I found it slightly harder understand Yash. But to be fair her cloying and clinging behaviour would be a turnoff after a while.

I think saying you care about someone and actually caring about someone are two different things. I think if Adi actually cared about Pooja he would've started to change himself to meet her in the middle. I am not saying Yash and Pooja didn't owe it to everyone to be honest. But I feel Adi and Zoya weren't really in their marriage anymore than Pooja and Yash. I personally didn't like Adi as a husband. Harshad is very handsome and the childish is act is cute.. but not day in day out, everyday. Eventually I would've lost my patience.
rbpll thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 6
It is too early to make any judgement on Pooja or in that matter Yash. We still don't know what were the troubles in marriage. In what circumstances Pooja and Yash met. What is it which lacked in respective marriages?
I am no relationship expert but I do feel marriage is all about emotional understanding and communication. Like physical and financial requirement, human beings also have emotional needs based on that we should choose our life partner. Relationship grows, people change and so that the feelings.

Reserve your judgements for now, lets see what "Bepanaah" have in stores for us.
No matter what Yash and Pooja don't deserve any pity. If they are feeling uncomfortable then they should have divorce their spouse.
What they did is comparable to back stabbing.