Of Broken Hearts and Lost Lives

vena.cava. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago
Wow. Just wow.

The execution of the storyline, the introduction and establishment of characters, the nuanced acting, the glimpses into everyone's hearts and minds, this first episode had it all and more.

What can I say that doesn't already echo of what everyone else has said in the forum? The excitement is abuzz, the curiosities are at peak, and our hearts are definitely invested.

We meet Aditya and Zoya. Zoya who is devoted, kind, loyal and a heart so full of love you think she could burst from it. She is every essence of love personified and in that she is so incredibly pure. How she navigates all her relationships with maturity and warmth, and the hope that what will come is better than what has. As a wife she is every bit the loving partner one could hope for. She is attentive, attuned to Yash's every habits and movements, she breathes him in every beat of her heart.

Then there's Aditya, for who the world is one or the other, where no in between exists. He either loves you or hates you. He is impulsive, childish, brattish at times, and as a husband the opposite of who Zoya is as a wife. But he loves so much one would think that it is the only thing keeping him alive, and now perhaps it is equal hate.

It's very telling I think that Aditya and Zoya meet before the accident that would change their lives. In fact it's downright poetic. We, the viewers, are given a glimpse into the life that Adi and Zoya could have had. Had they not been married, had this accident not robbed them of their loves, and had the promise of infidelity not hardened their hearts. What if they'd met first? What if it was a story of JUST them, outside of who they were in their relationships. That moment in the store, the chase thereafter, the soft 'abhi na jao chodh kar' as Zoya materializes in front of Adi, all of it a small glimpse of what could have been.

But this isn't an easy story of boy meets girl, it is not the story of what could have been. It is the story of what was, what is, and what will be because of it. Aditya is as bound to Pooja as Zoya is to Yash. Neither will be able to see the other, without the shadow of what happened colouring their every interaction. In the precap we see Aditya's bountiful hatred seeping through him as if it is a force of its own. Zoya is a constant reminder of Pooja's infidelity, but Pooja isn't here and Zoya is very much alive. Alive and everywhere that Aditya is trying to run from it seems.

It is intriguing to wonder how these two will move on. If Aditya's hatred will grow so large that eventually, he will exhaust from it altogether. If Zoya's faith and love will betray her. How these two will find solace in each other. If this solace will be a dull ache, a new spring, or a harsh and cold winter. What will these two bring to each other? Zoya perhaps the ability for Adi to see the world is not one or the other, that there is an in between, one where these two now exist. Adi perhaps the devoted loyalty that Zoya has clearly deserved, the pagalpan that is equal of hers. But maybe, just maybe, they will bring each in other the truth. Honesty that was robbed from them, honesty that will bring them back to life, and in that a more genuine and passionate love that either of them could have hoped for.

But this is a journey that is long and twisting, one that I am easily on the first ticket ride for. Bring me all the angst you possibly can Bepannah writers, it's exactly what I've signed up for.
Edited by vena.cava. - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SurbhikiPankhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Amazing post! Apart from Zoya being extremely loyal and faithful, I think she is naive to a certain extent especially when it comes to her relationship with Yash, she didn't think much of Yash's distant behavior, I believe her journey is one of becoming a less trustworthy being.
Aditya and Zoya's first meeting was a glimpse into how their relationship might possibly be, once all of this dust settles down but that is a long way to go for now.
Also the ANGST, YES PLEASE. 😆
vena.cava. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: SurbhikiPankhi

Amazing post! Apart from Zoya being extremely loyal and faithful, I think she is naive to a certain extent especially when it comes to her relationship with Yash, she didn't think much of Yash's distant behavior, I believe her journey is one of becoming a less trustworthy being.

Aditya and Zoya's first meeting was a glimpse into how their relationship might possibly be, once all of this dust settles down but that is a long way to go for now.
Also the ANGST, YES PLEASE. 😆

I completely agree friend! I think whatever it is she finds on her journey in Mumbai will harden her heart and it will definitely shatter the naive and rose coloured version through which she sees the world. I think there it would be interesting to see that if Adi falls for her first, how he could possibly convince her of the genuineness and honesty of his love!
bila_a thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
for Adi it will be him growing up and seeing the world in less black and white and overcoming whatever issue he has with his father. with zoya it will be her growing more independent, self reliant and less naive. and both of them will help each other grow in the right direction with lots of bumps along the ride. it great you mentioned their gift incident, i thought to myself how what if this is how they met without being in any relationship life would have been different, not normal boy meets girl and tashan. but here everything is made that much more difficult for them, no doubt they still love their spouses even if adi is pissed at pooja, that love isnt gonna goa way so easily, that's why he is even more angry and how can zoya look at another guy when she believes in yash. great post.
im with you, i love an angsty love story.
SurbhikiPankhi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: vena.cava.

I completely agree friend! I think whatever it is she finds on her journey in Mumbai will harden her heart and it will definitely shatter the naive and rose coloured version through which she sees the world. I think there it would be interesting to see that if Adi falls for her first, how he could possibly convince her of the genuineness and honesty of his love!

@Bold omg yes the potential of this! I so hope the writers explore this too! it would be very interesting to see that. 😳
.Peaceminusone. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
It's said to be a story about love, so we'll get there eventually, at that love between Zoya and Aditya, but to get there they'll need to cross some mountains, some together and possibly some alone. They're two individuals who've been now entwined by a cruel incident, that whose baggage might not be easy to get rid off and move ahead in life..
As much as I'm awaiting Zoya - Aditya's story of being together, their individual character development is also I eagerly look forward to.

Aditya is a man of extremes, no middle grounds detected, at times can be childish and bratty and if I may add a little self - absorbed too, he clearly has trust issues - yes he's never explicitly as such had any doubts for his wife, but was too quick to assume about his wife's apparent infidelity.

Zoya on the other hand seems that kind whose naive, absolutely devoted and completely loving, she's happy in the marriage, but that's what the point is SHE is very happy with her marriage, while she might not be absolutely blinded to her husband, she's more like engulfed in her own happiness to realize that they might not be on the same page at this point of time. Plus while being naive and good isn't a bad thing but at times you need to make yourself a little cold hearted.

Their intervined fates after this accident where it takes them is now to be seen...

P.s- Sorry for the long post..
P. P. S- That Healer pic in your sig though.. ❤️