Salman Khan's Dabangg 3 may clash with Ranveer Singh, Rohit Shetty's c

LoseYouToLoveMe thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Salman Khan's Dabangg 3 may clash with Ranveer Singh, Rohit Shetty's cop film, Simmba

Firstpost    Feb 28, 2018 13:02 IST

By FP Staff

December 2018 is far away but the big releases in the month of Christmas and year-end have kept it in news for a quite a long time now. Pinkvilla now reports that 28 December might see a clash between Salman Khan's Dabangg 3 and Ranveer Singh's Simmba.

Salman Khan in a still from Dabangg and Ranveer Singh in a still from Simmba

Salman Khan in a still from Dabangg and Ranveer Singh in a still from Simmba

The same report states that Khan has strictly announced that he would not like Dabangg 3 to release during the Christmas week (on 22 December) because Shahrukh Khan's Zero is slated to release on the same day. However, if Dabangg 3's release gets pushed a little further i.e. on December 28, it would be a clash between Simmba and the Chulbul Pandey film.

Simmba is also a cop film directed by Rohit Shetty that will see Ranveer Singh in a never-seen-before avatar. On the other hand, Dabangg 3 is being directed by Prabhu Deva this time. Meanwhile, when the producer of Dabangg 3, Arbaaz Khan, was quizzed about the release plans, he replied as saying, "I'll comment when I'm sure of starting the film. Currently, I'm concentrating on the script. I'll have a clear idea by the end of April."

As both Dabangg 3 and Simmba are cop films, there is also apprehension if it would be an overdose of cop films for the fans. However, Shetty maintained Simmba is totally different from Chulbul Pandey. "What usually happens is that Chulbul Pandey and Singham have become the iconic characters. When we were making Singham, a lot of people told us are you trying to make a Dabangg kind of a film', but the film has its own identity. This will always happen. Whenever a cop film will be made people will either draw comparisons with Dabangg or Singham. If the look and part is serious then Singham, if entertaining then Chulbul Pandey. Our cop (Ranveer) is not a Chulbul Pandey kind of a character, Shetty told The Indian Express.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
🤣

Let the games begin. 
QueenRhaenys thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
🤣 🤣 🤣
Ab aya oonth pahar ke niche,now see how the forum dynamics change,if this clash happens.👏🤣