Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

angelpureness thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 5 years ago
Chapter 3

Sanjana looks up towards the stairs, frowning slightly when she sees Ragav coming down the stairs alone. She stops serving her husband breakfast, looks at Ragav with slight disappointment as he wishes everyone good morning.

"Where is Kalpi?She asks.

Taking a seat on the dining table, Ragav says, "she is sleeping."

Grandma walks towards the dining table from the kitchen, a plate of hot parathas in her hand, unhappy, she says, "still sleeping." Turns to Her daughter inlaw and says, "what is this?"

Giving her a reassuring look, Sanjana turns towards Her son and says, "Ragav, why don't you go wake her up..." She pauses, waiting for Ragav to get up, then reprimands softly, "and come down together." Ragav gives his mum a sheepish look, nods affirmatively and takes the stairs two at a time as he rushes to his room.

Seeing a sleeping Kalpi, Ragav bends down, grabs her shoulder and shakes her slowly, saying, "wake up."

Groggy, Kalpi wakes up, saying "let me sleep."

Straightening up, Ragav says sharply, "Kalpi, wake up. Everybody is waiting for us downstairs."

Sitting up, Kalpi rubs her eyes, asking, "what time is it?"

Ragav replies impatiently, "past ten."

Kalpi looks at him, takes in the suit, asks, "are you planning to go somewhere?"

"Yes, Ragav replies, "office." Sitting on the edge of his bed, he continues, "I would really appreciate it if you could speed up. I don't want to be late for my meeting."

Ragav watches in with irritation as Kalpi makes a mess of the room, clothes strewn all over the bed as she looks for something to wear. Oblivious to what Ragav is feeling, Kalpi says, "how can you set up a work meeting the very next day after our marriage."

Picking the clothes by his side, Ragav says drily, "I had no idea I was getting married yesterday." Thinks silently, "I had just planned for the marriage to not take place. Little did I know that I would be marrying you!"

Seeing the intense look in Ragav's eyes as he stares at the outfit he has in his hands, unable to control her urge to tease, she picks one of her discarded outfits and throws it square on his face, laughing as she says, "always expect the unexpected... Especially now that you are married to me." Before he can react she races into the bathroom.

"Damn it," Ragav thinks as he crushes the outfit with his fist, "what the hell was that? Why is she not upset? One would think she never wanted to marry Laksh!" Frowning as he recollects their conversation late last night, he mutters, "I didn't need to marry her to reach my objective.

Stepping out of the bathroom, dressed in a sky blue coloured sari, kalpi hides her nervousness, her anxiety, behind her bright smile. Smiling, she calls out, "how do I look?"

Annoyed with her chirpiness, knowing full well that she was expecting a compliment, Ragav stubbornly refuses to give her one, instead saying, "you look the same. Let's go." Watching her carefully walk towards him, he asks with a frown, "are you comfortable..." Seeing her pleats, adds, "your pleats are messy."

Kalpi gives him a sheepish smile and says matter of factly, "not used to." Then goes about correcting her pleats, adding, "with time will get there."

Watching her make more of a mess of the sari through the mirror, Ragav strides over impatiently, grabs her by the arm, turns her around, saying, "oh for God's sake. Let me." Grabs the sari and quickly makes neat pleats. Too shocked to react, kalpi does nothing to stop him. Several seconds later, he steps back, pleased with himself, thinking, "how hard was that! Seen Priya... He stops mid thought as he is engulfed with memories of Priya. Reeling with the pain of her loss, he looks coldly at Kalpi and snaps, "next time wear clothes you are comfortable with. Come let us go."

Kalpi looks down at her sari pleats, reluctantly admiring Ragav's handi work. She looks up towards ragav who is already heading out. She follows him with quick strides, wanting to catch up. She jokingly calls out, "should I be worried?" Ragav stops walking, turns around, confused. with laughter in her eyes, Kalpi points at her pleats and repeats, "should I be worried?"

Hurting, annoyed, confused, frustrated for he did not understand her, Ragav walks up towards her, grabs her by the arm and pulls her back into their room.

Pushing her to the wall, his arms on with side, with just inches apart, he asks angrily, "what is wrong with you? Why are you not sad? Upset? You are just joking and teasing."

Angry at being mishandled. Fire in her eyes, Kalpi places her palms on Ragav's chest and uses all her might to push him away from her, unsuccessfully. She says furiously, "what do you expect me to do? Cry? Am I supposed to sit and cry that I was stood up on my wedding day by the man who is supposed to love me? Angrily she continues as pokes her finger on his chest, "your dear brother and sister took their prank too far. How dare they include my family in it... try to hurt my family? Fate was kind enough that you were there and that you agreed to marry me. Had you refused, how would have I faced my parents? Society?Just because I am not wearing my emotions on my sleeve, does not mean that it is not there... my groom changed within a blink of an eye! And anyways what is your problem? Was it not one of your conditions yesterday that Ayaan should be my past and you my present and future? Don't you dare judge me for trying to make the best out of a poor situation!

Ragav takes a step back, taken aback by the anger, frustration, hurt he hears in her voice... Shocked to realise that she was actually just following his instructions. Unnoticed tears fall from Kalpi's eyes, all the pent up emotions she had hidden, bursting out. With a broken voice, kalpi adds, "I thought we are friends." Ragav shaken by the avalanche of emotions he just witnessed, filled with guilt, shakes his head, whispers truthfully, "we are not friends."

Watching her hide the evidence of her emotional out pour, Ragav tries to curb the guilt he feels, thinking regretfully, "how is she going to react when she finds out that I am to blame, and not pakhi and Ayaan... I should have not said yes to marrying her. Oh, why did I think it was a good idea at the time! Day one of marriage and here we are, arguing."

His phone rings, clearing his voice, ragav answers. Meeting Kalpi's gaze through the mirror , ragav says into the phone, "reschedule the meeting for tomorrow. I will not be coming to the office today." Kalpi shakes her head. Ragav frowns slightly, then says into the phone, "reschedule it for day after tomorrow." Kalpi shakes her head again. Ragav takes the phone away from his ear, covers it with his palm and says, "Kalpi this meeting is important." "Fine," Kalpi replies, "day after tomorrow."

Putting his phone away, Ragav frowns as he watches Kalpi walk out of the room. Shaking his head he goes after her.

Kalpi walks down the stairs, Ragav by her side, deep down dreading to face His family.

Lost in her thoughts, Kalpi misses a step, waffles about, trying to keep her balance, in the processes stepping on her sari pleats. Thanks to his quick reflexes, Ragav grabs her by the waist and pulls her up. Seeing her pleats undone, he turns her around,away from prying eyes and automatically starts pleating her sari as he tells her in a voice that brooks no arguements, "no more saris from tomorrow."

Ayaan watches the scene with unshed tears, thinking, "that should have been me. That was my right."

Neerav and Sanjana look on with relief, pleased with the comfort level they observed between the two, giving them hope that this marriage will work despite their pasts, both thinking, "thank God there is no awkwardness between them despite the circumstances they married.

Shrieking internally, Kalpi tries to slap his hands away as she darts an embarrassed look towards his family, "Ragav!" Admiring his handiwork, Ragav says innocently, "what! You are my wife. Seeing her blush from embarrassment, he can't resist teasing her. He leans forward and whispers into her ear, "it is not like I was undressing you." Chuckling internally, Ragav gives her a wink before he continues down the stairs. "Atta boy, Ragav mentally pats himself on the back, "that's the way to handle her... keep her off balance.

Edited by angelpureness - 5 years ago
vanajaragna thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Wow...double damakha
Superb update dear
Loved ragna moments
Ragna hidden cute romance just loved it...
Don't know what's going to fate give in ragna life
Thank you for such a lovely update
If possible update next part soon
sweet1308 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Awesome update
Its fabulous
Update soon
naharkhan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Fantastic update just love it plz update soon 
naam11 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Awesome update. Raghav is resposible but when kalpi know the truth how she will react.
angelpureness thumbnail
Chapter 4

Reading the discomfort in Kalpi's body language as she plays with her breakfast, Ragav leans towards her, whispers, "what is the matter? Is the breakfast not to your liking?" Kalpi leans towards him, whispering back, "this is very awkward." Stealing a glance around the table, not meeting anyone's gaze, continues, "asking you to marry me was obviously not a bright move on my part. I should have..." Ragav smiles, replying, "ah, the beauty of hindsight."

He sits back, a slight smile on his face, curious to see how she will handle the situation. Moments later, unable to see her anxious anymore, Ragav takes pity, leans forward and whispers, "you are forgetting something very important." Confused eyes looks into laughing eyes, thinking, "what is he talking about?" He continues, "as far as the family is concerned, we married because Ayaan deserted you at the mandap. We married for family, society, blah, blah..." Breaking into a smile as relief pours in, beamingly Kalpi exclaims slightly aloud, "oh gosh! I could hug you." Seeing the relief in her eyes, Ragav smiles, nods towards her plate, his eyes silently telling her to relax and enjoy her breakfast.

Smiling slightly, Ragav looks across the dining table. His smile falters as his gaze falls on Ayaan, who is watching Kalpi. Reading the pain, the betrayal in Ayaan's gaze, regret engulfs him momentarily over his part in separating them. His gaze then falls on Pakhi, any regret that he feels vanishes, strengthening his resolve and belief that he did no wrong... for him... his sister came first... and for her happiness... he was capable of doing anything.

The butler walks up to Neerav and says, "sir, Officer Dutta has come to see you." Surprised, yet curious, Neerav replies, "show him in." Ayaan get up from the dining table along with his father. Neerav gives him a questioning look, to which Ayaan replies, "I called the officer. I want him to arrest the people who are responsible for me missing my wedding."

Ragav freezes momentarily when he hears this, forcing himself not to react and remain nonchalant. Neerav looks towards his son, then Ayaan, mentally debating how to handle the situation, thinking, "I can't have the family, especially Ayaan find out about Ragav's involvement. I need to protect both my sons."

Kalpi looks up, surprised, doubt flickering in her eyes as Ayaan's words register, thinking, "was I wrong... did pakhi and Ayaan not prank me. Why was I so certain that Pakhi and Ayaan had planned it? Why did I not trust Ayaan? Turning to look at Ragav and then back at Ayaan, Kalpi thinks in horror , "oh no! What have I done?

Neerav turns towards the officer and says, "Officer Dutta, I would like to apologize for wasting your time. We are not going to pursue the matter. We will not be pressing charges. It is..." "But dad," Ayaan interrupts with disbelief. Neerav ignores him and continues, "it is regarding a girl's respect. I do not want it to become into a spectacle." He turns to Ayaan, softens his voice, saying, "should the media get hint of this, they will drag the girl's name and her family through mud. This is something I find unacceptable." Ayaan turns to Ragav, says " Bhai, please talk to dad. They should be held accountable for what they did. They held me against my will." Neerav turns to look at Ragav, curious to see what will he do. 

Reading the pain,frustration in Ayaan's eyes, Ragav says with a heavy heart, knowing full well he was inviting trouble for himself, but he just couldn't disappoint Ayaan in his time of need, "dad, please reconsider. Ayaan does have a valid point."

Neerav's gaze softens, thinking, "you would invite trouble for yourself for Ayaan. I am glad you have not lost your conscience completely. I will keep my trust in you that you must have a good reason for doing what you did. Neerav turns back to the officer and continues in a strong voice. "This matter has been resolved. The family has apologised. It is the end of the matter."

Officer Dutta replies, "it is okay sir. I am glad that this matter is being tackled sensitively and that you have looked at the broader picture and have decided to let it go." Silently reprimanded for not considering the matter maturely, Ayaan turns to look at Kalpi with frustration.

Ragav walks into his room, stops mid stride. Seeing his belongings strewn everywhere, he exclaims, "what are you doing?" Kalpi turns around, smiles and says, "I am making room for my stuff. From now on we share everything... Half... Half." Shaking his head Ragav walks out of their room.

Ayaan walks into Kalpi and Ragav's room, looks about the room, taking in the mess, says in wonderment, "Kalpi it has not even been 24 hours and you have made this room into a tip." Kalpi looks up, surprised to find Ayaan here. Unsure on how to respond, she remains silent. 

Ayaan sakes his head, saying, "this is not what I came for." Looking at her imploringly, he says, "Kalpi I want to explain my absence. I owe you an explanation." Kalpi gives him a weak smile and says sincerely, "Ayaan you don't owe me any explanation. Let bygones be bygones. It's too late. I am married.

"I know that Kalpi, Ayaan says with sadness, adding, "and I won't come between you and bhai. It's just that... I just needed to tell you that I didn't desert you. He ends imploringly.

Feeling guilty, for doubting him, for not trusting him, Kalpi lowers her gaze, says, "I am sorry. I am sorry for doubting you.

Hearing her words, pierced his heart, Ayaan replies, "I guess our love was not strong enough. Deep down He wanted to yell at her, "why didn't you trust me?, but then what was the use... she was already married and that too... to his brother. Smiling weakly, Ayaan brings his hand forward, ready for a handshake, says, "friends? With a lump in her throat, engulfed with guilt for doubting him, Kalpi replies meekly, "friends as she shakes his hand.

Ragav smiles with relief, happy that Ayaan and Kalpi had sorted it out. Deciding not to interrupt them, he turns around and heads back downstairs, thinking, "good. Now the awkwardness will diminish. Glad Ayaan has accepted it.

Kalpi races down the stairs, wanting to share the news with Ragav and inform him that there would be no more getting even. It was all a misunderstanding and that the fault was hers entirely... all because of her lack of trust.

Sanjana, seeing Kalpi come down the stairs, calls out with a smile, "Kalpi, look who is here.

Kalpi stops midstride, looks up, her face lights up, she calls out as she runs towards them, "dad. I missed you as she hugs him tight. Then turns to her sister, hugging her tight, "I missed you so much. I wish you could stay here with me.

Shekhar Kapoor looks towards Kalpi's in laws, Sarla and Sanjana and says, "Kalpi doesn't mean it. She is just caught up in the moment. Sanjana dismisses his worry and reassures him that they were not offended, instead says, "this is one of the things I like about her. Her clean heart. Dadi adds laughing, "very true Sanjana... what you see is what you get. She is a breath of fresh air.

Ragav watching the interaction from the study door, walks towards them, saying, "dadi, what you mean is that Kalpi has no stop sign... what she thinks, she says. Smiling, he greets his father in law. Kalpi, who had been basking at the compliments she had received, frowns and says, "that doesn't sound like a compliment! Maya looks at her sister with egsasperation and says, "duh! Of course it is not a compliment. Ragav is right... you have no brakes. "Whatever, Kalpi says dismissingly, adds as she pulls Maya towards the stairs, "come help me sort my room out. The sooner I finish, the sooner I can go see Mum.

Shekhar shakes his head with a sigh, thinking, "she is too immature to get have gotten married. He gives the inlaws another apologetic look and says, "her mother and I have spoilt her. Sanjana laughs and says, "don't worry bhaisaab. We shall continue to spoil her. Then with seriousness, she continues, "bhaisaab, Mum and I would like to have a private word with you. We would have preferred if Neetu was here too, but I feel we shouldn't wait. Shekhar reads the seriousness in both Sarla and Sanjana and wonders what it could be that they couldn't wait to have Neetu present... what was so urgent. He nods and follows them towards the study.

Sanjana stops at the door and says, "Ragav. Join us.

Shekhar looks at Sarla, Sanjana and Ragav... one at a time in silence. Too stunned by what they just told him. His Kalpi was married to a windower. How did this happen? Did they play us yesterday? Did they plan for Ayaan to not come? Doubts start hounding him. 

"Calm down Shekhar, he tells himself, "let's not get ahead of ourselves. Didn't Neetu tell you that it was Kalpi's idea to marry Ragav. Let's calm down and think things rationally. Emotions won't do here.

"Does Kalpi know, Shekhar asks. Ragav shakes his head and says in a somber voice, "no. Wanting to clear the doubts she knew Shekhar would have, Sanjana says, "bhaisaab, please be rest assured, we never planned to swap grooms. In fact you can ask Kalpi. Ayaan had brought the cops home this morning, wanting to arrest the people who had... and she narrates the misunderstanding that took place yesterday and her husband's decision to not take the matter forward and his reasoning.

Quietly listening to all this, the reality of what he had done sinks in. "I have to make it up her, Ragav thinks, as he realises that marrying a widower was not what Kalpi had chosen. "Damn, how could I have been so consumed with Pakhi's pain.

Shekhar looks at them bleakly, he felt he had aged ten years in these few minutes, he says, "let us not tell Kalpi anything for now. I shall discuss this with Neetu.
Edited by angelpureness - 5 years ago
angelpureness thumbnail
Chapter 4 complete
Check characters on page 1.have updated 

lolor thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
awesome updates...superb
but if we keep aside our ragna love...(I cant see them apart)...i feel what raghav did is wrong...
he played with kalpis life...shes young...having lots of dream about marriage...
raghav is widower & hving 5 yr old son...thats no prb...if kalpi knows this b4 marriage...
 just for his dear sis ...raghav spoiled someone's daughter & sisters life...
my POV...

waiting to know kalpis reaction when she comes to know abt it...& eagerly when she comes to know raghavs conspiracy...
angelpureness thumbnail

Originally posted by: lolor

awesome updates...superb

but if we keep aside our ragna love...(I cant see them apart)...i feel what raghav did is wrong...
he played with kalpis life...shes young...having lots of dream about marriage...
raghav is widower & hving 5 yr old son...thats no prb...if kalpi knows this b4 marriage...
just for his dear sis ...raghav spoiled someone's daughter & sisters life...
my POV...

waiting to know kalpis reaction when she comes to know abt it...& eagerly when she comes to know raghavs conspiracy...

Is it too much for Ragav being a dad... making him an uncleEdited by angelpureness - 5 years ago
lolor thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: angelpureness

Is it too much for Ragav being a dad... making him an uncle

No... Not at all .. But kalpi shud hv been informed b4 marriage... But now at least raghav shud realize his mistake
Edited by lolor - 5 years ago