Complaint against singer Papon for kissing minor girl he was mentoring - Page 16

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

I completely agree. Ban all Kids reality shows and also ban child actors participating in TV serials .

Singing reality shows don't do anything to kids career. These shows run for 3-4 months , kids don't go to school, they get wrong sense of stardom. Their parents force them to participate in Stage shows to earn money. They lose their childhood and since they stop learning music, when they grow up, they are just average singers.

Kids Reality shows spoil lives of kids . It is just 3-4 months of fame .

This is just tip of iceberg of children's exploitation .

yeah never ending tv serials exploit kids the.most.
cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Ban all kids entering dance shows, make them study or go into some trade and pick up skills and do something with their lives instead of pissing around at young ages into this fsleazy life, this worship of film and celebrity needs to be put to rest
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: hard-09

This kid is from a small village in Assam with just few hundred people. They are extremely poor and can't even speak Hindi properly. I watch this show and this show is so toxic, parents are made to do disgusting cringy stuffs. Host Jay always makes fun of a male contestant for not wearing underwear which doesn't feel right .papon was creepy from day one, his behavior towards niharika nath, a 13 year old girl who is eliminated now, always made me uncomfortable. He used to tell her " I love you so much" and forcefully kissed her cheeks once iirc. I thik he is abusing that little girl. He deserved to go to jail.

I follow this show on and off. This girl is extremely poor and comes from such a small village. If powerful forces do not assure her and her parents, she will never get justice.

Papon has lot of influence in Assam. Assam is also Naxal affected area, so you never know if this can become political issue.

I saw the FB video posted by all parents of VOI, one person was saying that this is done to defame Assam.

Basically, it is not as straightforward as it looks.
Choco_Cosmos thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
This should make the authorities think and should completely ban all child reality shows.
Samaina12 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

I follow this show on and off. This girl is extremely poor and comes from such a small village. If powerful forces do not assure her and her parents, she will never get justice.

Papon has lot of influence in Assam. Assam is also Naxal affected area, so you never know if this can become political issue.

I saw the FB video posted by all parents of VOI, one person was saying that this is done to defame Assam.

Basically, it is not as straightforward as it looks.

what is worrying me is that few twitteratis are making it a north east vs rest of India issue. The girl looks shaken .
Ranbirrocks thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meherya123

what is worrying me is that few twitteratis are making it a north east vs rest of India issue. The girl looks shaken .

Already?

NE politics may get involved here.
pallavi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Tahira-2013

Just look the way she holds him too, this is scary man 😲

This slowed down video makes it more clear, he held her face and turned it for a lips kiss 🤢
and she wiped her mouth after it was over
he looks all excited afterwards, then realizes that camera was on him and the whole thing was streamed live, then he frantically tells/gestures the camera guy to cut it
Its clear as daylight that it wasnt fatherly affection, he was drunk (on alcohol or power), and grabbed the child and kissed her straight on her mouth while holding her head 🤢
the symbolic gun pointing at her head at the beginning of the vdo was telling too...Control and Abuse...the usual tactics of sexual predators who take advantage of minors in their care 😡

So shocked and disappointed with Shaan and Monali for defending this creep
Just because hes your industry colleague doesnt mean u have to defend his perversions
I have very little hope that this pathetic creep will be indicted,but the Child Protection agency shd not let him go unpunished, that girl is being exploited by her parents and abused by her so called mentor
awsome.moments thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Meherya123

what was more shocking was all music directors retweetig papon's statement and it includes my favorite shankar mahadevan.

Actually all those involved in various reality shows are retweeting Papon's statement

JUST. NOT. DONE. What he was doing was disgusting for the simple reason that he looked completely out of it and the girl has no idea it isn't the right way a mentor behaves with u. What's even more shocking is how the music fraternity is coming to his support. Makes me feel they all do it to some extent. Reality shows aren't real anymore but just a gimmick which gives power to these sick people to abuse. The shaan thing was really shocking.
awsome.moments thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: pallavi25

This slowed down video makes it more clear, he held her face and turned it for a lips kiss🤢
and she wiped her mouth after it was over
he looks all excited afterwards, then realizes that camera was on him and the whole thing was streamed live, then he frantically tells/gestures the camera guy to cut it
Its clear as daylight that it wasnt fatherly affection, he was drunk (on alcohol or power), and grabbed the child and kissed her straight on her mouth while holding her head🤢
the symbolic gun pointing at her head at the beginning of the vdo was telling too...Control and Abuse...the usual tactics of sexual predators who take advantage of minors in their care😡

So shocked and disappointed with Shaan and Monali for defending this creep
Just because hes your industry colleague doesnt mean u have to defend his perversions
I have very little hope that this pathetic creep will be indicted,but the Child Protection agency shd not let him go unpunished, that girl is being exploited by her parents and abused by her so called mentor

OH GOD..that slow video is even worse. Her body language suggests that this isn't the first time he is kissing her on her lips. The way her hands go to his hair is not of someone who is accepting a kiss from her father/mentor. What crap they talk camera angle and all.
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
@Pallavi - The slow-mo GIF is showing it clearly. He clearly thought that camera was off, the cut-throat gesture is proof. I hope authorities do something about it.
The reason why Shaan, Monali, Shekhar etc are favoring Papon is probably coz they have similar skeletons. Once one Singer is punished, who knows many more kids and contestants will come out and point fingers at others too.