Complaint against singer Papon for kissing minor girl he was mentoring - Page 10

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

awsome.moments thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: here4reviews

ENJOYING??? W*F does that mean? She is a NINE YEAR OLD girl, not a teenager or an adult to even know what a kiss means.

ENJOYING..? To me she looked confused and afraid. Besides she may be a 9 ye old who has grown up too fast, but IS papon from mars that he doesn't realise that this is inappropriate behaviour for a 9 ye old? Affectionate my ass!
Edited by awsome.moments - 6 years ago
bips thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
I can't believe there are some ppl talking about teenagers growing up early and talking about her enjoying and all that shit...

There is a reason that consent is NOT a relevant factor in sexual offences against minor... Bec the adult is held extra responsible in these matters... The minor does not know right from wrong... They don't even realize that they are being abused.. That this is not normal

And even if they did, let us for one moment assume that she is "enjoying" it - even then an adult should not be kissing or touching a minor... Its that simple - as an adult do not touch a minor sexually in any manner...

Why do we always look for ways to excuse sexual offences.. She said this, she wore that, she gave that signal, she looks to enjoying it, she is fast etcetc... Can we atleast not do this to children please
Peanutbolt thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What Papon said is actually quite common...The child abusers misbehave with the kids and if someone finds it odd/objectionable they'll immediately defend themselves saying it's affection/or them not having any bad intention.
Many kids are vitcims of this from their relatives like mama/elder cousins etc

The sad thing is even though the kids feel uncomfortable they are brainwashed to think that it is actually affection or whatever shit these adults put in their minds 🤢

Parents should teach their kids about all this but they are busy making their kids ATM machines. The video is disgusting to say the least and Papon defence is so typical it disgusts me to think he doesn't even find it objectionable the way he is behaving with the kid.
pallavi25 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

http://indianexpress.com/article/entertainment/television/papon-sexaul-assault-ncpcr-reactions-5076341/

After a video emerged of singer Papon kissing a minor girl inappropriately, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) on Friday issued a notice to both singer Papon and the TV channel. "We have seen the video and have gone through the written complaint which came to us from Supreme Court lawyer Runa Bhuyan. We felt this is a provocative case. Necessary legal action will be taken, the NCPCR official said.

"We are following the legal procedure. We will ask for their version as well and accordingly further action will be taken. We have guidelines on our website which clearly mentions rules for channels using children in their show, added the official.

Meanwhile, Bollywood celebrities like Raveena Tandon, Gauahar Khan, Farah Khan, Shaan and Sona Mohapatra have reacted to the controversy. Filmmaker and reality TV show judge, Farah said, "I know Papon, he is a good guy. But there is no doubt that when I saw the video, it made me uncomfortable. I don't think he meant to do it, but if it was my daughter I wouldn't like it. I think people should not touch other people's children and should just show affection to their own children.

Adding to it, the Mai Hoon Na director said, "I think, if you see the girl's face after it happened, you'll realise how uncomfortable she was. But like I said, he is not a mad person to do it while the camera was rolling. He must have genuinely not meant it, but it didn't give me a good feeling.

Actor Raveena Tandon, last seen in Maatr also expressed her displeasure at the incident. Raveena herself has been a judge of a popular kids reality show. She tweeted, "Disgusting! Shameful!Perverse! This man Papon should be arrested! The girls parents succumbing to pressure! The explanations given are ridiculous! Haven't felt such anger and shame to see this happen and some on tv debates actually defending the act!

Raveena Tandon@TandonRaveena

Disgusting! Shameful!Perverse! This man Papon should be arrested ! The girls parents succumbing to pressure ! The explanations given are ridiculous! Haven't felt such anger and shame to see this happen and some on tv debates actually defending the act !

Echoing Raveena's thought came Gauahar Khan's tweet which read, "Wasn't smothering a child's face with your palm rubbing colour all over it for 4 secs enough as fatherly love, that u had to pull the child's face then to strategically peck her on the lip??? There was no wrong camera angle or the child moving her face mistakenly BTW #papon

Gauahar Khan@GAUAHAR_KHAN

Wasn't smothering a child's face with your palm rubbing color all over it for 4 secs enough as fatherly love, that u had to pull the child's face then to strategically peck her on the lip??? There was no wrong camera angle or the child moving her face mistakenly BTW #papon

Singer Shaan tweeted in favour of Papon but later deleted his tweet. He wrote, "My stand is on assumption that it was actually a wrong angle and the kiss was not on the lips... Sona Mohapatra, said she believes Papon was innocent in his intent but the video is not in good taste. "Papon possibly should have been more aware of how this looks to a layman, she said. "A formality and distance in such a space would have been better...maybe boundaries should be maintained. Still, I think the man is innocent he just needs to be wiser.

However, the girl's father said that Papon is a mentor and a father-figure to his daughter. "What you saw in the video is not intentional. It was just a moment of affection that is being portrayed otherwise. I would request and urge the media to not pursue this further, he said.

Singer Papon also apologised in a statement which he published on his Facebook account. "I am very painfully conscious of the accusations that have been made against me in the last few days. Anyone who knows me would be aware that I am an extremely affectionate and expressive person. That is the way I have been brought up and that's how I have always been with people close to me or people I care for. To show affection for an 11-year-old child whom I have been mentoring for a while now is not an alien concept for me, he wrote.

(with inputs from IANS)

For all the latest Entertainment News, download Indian Express App

IE Online Media Services Pvt Ltd
FrozenRain thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Here evn if his intentions were not wrong the fact is not even a father wudnt kiss his daughter like this aftr a certain age.. so just f**k off the excuse of father daughter bond.. N the way the girl responded gave me such a shock.. Its like its a normal thing btw thm.. So even if he is showing his affection this means this thing is happening for a quiet time.. So he may be showing his affection to Other kids too like the same way coz it just happnd amongst thm.. N none seems to hv a prblm with that.. Young minds, aspiring singers with many dreams.. Their small heart can take this in a wrong way like its just the way in this industry even if he is not doing any wrong.. So as a grown up man n belong to this entertainment industry he shld hv known better.. So no excuses can justify his actions.. He is giving the wrong idea to the kids, its ok to be touched by a mentor..never expected something so creepy frm a singer like him..
BornHyper thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Strict action should be taken against Papon... he looks completely drunk and out of his senses in the video...

Even Shekhar Ravjiani retweeted Papon's clarification and apology post but he should realise he has a young daughter and how would he feel if someone did this to her

Bazigar thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
There is no camera angle , it was clearly visible and can be guess from the girls reaction. Only thing if he is so comfortable in presence of people and camera than how these celebrities were treating show contestant we can guess.
cory thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
humble and soft spoken for the camera outside of shooting hours this is the real him, hopefully this can silence people that get impressed with faux humility, it's usually the Papon types that keep it quiet but this time he felt so lusty that he forgot its getting recorded.
And this looks like conditioning to me, the way he kissed her and she didn't respond looks like he has drilled it into her that it is perfectly normal behavior, he's taking big advantage of her age. They cannot let this pass, these celebs can get any girl in their age bracket whenever they want but they choose to get into perversion and exploit young impressionable minds, the whole culture is effed up with Parents being equally at fault
Wtf. thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
#hashtag @bollytweetz

Children cannot ~give consent. Consent is a concept used between two adults/where the power dynamic is equal. Parents cannot always consent on behalf of a child; there's parents who will even consent to child marriage. Parents aren't always looking out for their kids.

Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
I find the father in all of this the most inhuman!!! If this is how he treats his daughter, not a stretch to imagine what must go on behind closed doors in his house either!! I still can't believe someone can be THIS evil!!! W*F is WRONG WITH MEN??? HOW IS IT THAT MEN GET DRUNK ON POWER IN WAYS THAT ARE CORROSIVE TO THE SOUL??? Yes. Yes women do all this too but if the Weinstein Scandal & the Epic HW takedowns it spawned, yes, if the #MeToo movement and everything that happens in this country has taught me.. Men are corruptable, terrible & evil in ways women cannot ever be. And yes. It is on men to rectify themselve. THIS is why so many women find men & their actions & their behaviour deeply repulsive!! This is why my friends & I used to run away from horny, dirty old men with too much libido & no outlet- Their touches & looks were deeply disturbing to behold even at that young age because we all know deep down how utterly horrible all this is- This is why I try to as openly as I can, discuss these incidents with my parents. I've a niece & I truly realise today, even after having lived for long enough as a girl & a woman in this world.. The world truly is awful for women, especially India.

Excuse the essay. I just have been thinking too much, much too much, about too many things lately & this incident just extended the overthinking!