Kdrama first lead you hated the most

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago

Ok, so I am tired and bored and I can't find a drama to watch, so I came up with this random topic. SLS is more common than flu and happens to every kdrama viewer almost every other day. But the male leads aren't necessarily bad. Only the second leads are a tad bit better...sometimes better by miles.

But there must be one or two male leads in some dramas you really disliked for whatever reason and the feeling still persists.

So who's your most hated first lead and why?

The first for me would be Dream High. I will never understand why she left him for Samdong, especially when Samdong had to leave and all they had was an open ending. I mean what was wrong with Jinguk? They were childhood friends and had a sad life story.😆 He only went away for six months and Hyemi moved on to the next guy. But Samdong goes away for eight years and she still pines for him?

Even after all these years it still makes me mad. 😡

Second would be Secret Garden. Not a typical case of SLS although I really loved Oska oppa. But Kim Joo Won was a stalker and jerk and I'll never understand why this was such a big hit. He only got away because he was rich and handsome, otherwise he would have been locked up. Hyun Bin acted really well in this but his character was beyond creepy and no matter how many dramas I watch, Joo Won will always be the worst kdrama lead for me.

Edited by incandescent - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pickachu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
I did not hate male leads but in school 2015 i really loved the second lead and i really wanted taebi to end up together...i don't get it why eunbi loved the lead instead of second lead.
and in you're beautiful,i really liked park shin hye and yonghwa (May be because i watched heartstrings before and i m yongshin shipper)and i did not like jang geun suk's character though i like him as an actor.

in playful kiss,i did not like the male lead's character but i did not get the second lead syndrome..

in hwarung i liked the second lead with the fl more even though i really love park seo joon
Edited by pickachu - 6 years ago
BIackSwan thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Not sure if it's the first but I didn't like the leads in Secret Garden especially the ML. I ditched the drama mid way 😆 There are so many more but I can't even remember 😆
letitgo thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Hello,
I have not seen dream high yet but i have seen Secret Garden. I mean dropped it in middle but again pushed fwd to the swapping episodes etc

I think both the male and female first leads were boring. typical stalker and typical i am poor and strong minded girl. Instead i found the 2nd leads story a bit better.

First few episodes were like a typical Indian soap and then as the trp fell it looked like the k drama team came in and bought some excitement with the soul swapping thing. Still i cud not go on after few episodes. dropped it in the end.

My choice of drama where i hated the 1st lead ( female in my case) would be Suzy in uncontrollably fond. Oh my God that girl cannot act to save her life. She was horrible and i somehow managed to push through the show only due to Woo Bin.
Her character had a lot of scope to perform to show her guilt, desperation for money and her hidden love. But man all she did was shout the lines given to her.
There was no other serious 2nd girl for Woo Bin otherwise i wud have definitely rooted for them.

Donna2Harvey thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
goblin. he was hella old & she was hella childish. hated them both! wish it was a second lead story only
--Amulya-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I don't hate the ML's, they are what they are and are transparent, I hate the choice of too many FLs for choosing the 1st ML over the 2nd one.
In case of Secret Garden, Oska still loved his ex and was just friendly with the FL, the other person whom she could have chosen was her stunt master
.Peaceminusone. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
A lot many actually, and I can't even remember the names now. But in General I hate the asshole kinda male lleads.even though nowadays such characters aren't seen much, we had lots of them in old dramas.. While I understand characters that are tough exterior soft inside characters, or just a foul younger kinda character or a character just in general difficult to get through, the uselessly arse kind of MLs annoy me, cue- Secret Garden, Boys over Flowers, Playful Kiss and a few more.
There are lots of FL too that aren't devoid of my irritation as a viewer, topping the list being the ones who are spineless in the name of love, it's a different thing to stand with someone, understand them and support them but a different thing to be a downright doormat and put up with a male leads tantrums..

soapbubble thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
I really disliked Crown Prince Lee Shin in Goong.
First he was in love with the other girl, and even later he was so cold, so unable to help the Princess out with her troubles. I get that he was modelled on Prince Charles but the "stiff upper lip" rendered him unlikeable for me.
Although he was annoying, at least the SL had passion, he had guts to take on very difficult circumstances, announce his love and commit harakiri of many kinds for her sake.

Bubble

PS. Also found Goblin so Meh.
1123190 thumbnail
Korean Odyssey. I prefer the zombie Bu ja to the lame female lead.
Winterbear thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Boys over flowers and school 2015.