GKS : Bareily ki Dabangg Chiraiyya : 1st Anniversary Post

priya_86 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago
THE FIRST ANNIVERSARY OF OUR CHIRAIYYA ... GAURI KUMARI SARMA...

And so one late evening last year I was surfing through the television channels (have no better job after a hectic day)...and there my eyes literally popped out when I saw her in a promo accidentally...
Shrenu Parikh...seriously...I couldnt believe that...she was making a comeback after 17 months

Her character was shown running in a red bridal wear...and bumping into a long haired guy...

GIF Credit : to the uploader

The serial was named "Dil Bole Oberoi"...and the journey commenced thereby...a memorable one...

During the course I realised it was a "spin-off" of a popular serial Ishqbaaz...and the male lead Omkara Singh Oberoi was already a superstar in his own rights...

The series was supposed to begin on the 13th of February 2017...and Shrenians were more than excited about the same...some were doubtful whether her character which was named Gauri Kumari Sharma would be as popular or successful as Astha Agnihotri (honestly there was a lot of initial negativity about the character)

But Gauri Kumari Sharma proved everyone to be wrong...right from the first episode she held her ground...and won immense love and respect for the characterisation.

I have tried to do a write up of the journey of GKS...Please pardon me if I have made any mistake...because its literally impossible to put down such a lovely and awesome journey in words

PHASE 1

Gauri Kumari Sharma : The Dabangg Chiraiyya

From the very first episode one thing was clear about GKS...her Dabangg attitude

Right from running her own little shop...to taking care of her ill mother...to dealing with her psychotic uncle and aunt...Gauri was shown to be fiercely independent and brave. She wasnt formally educated (paachvi pass)...but that never broke her self confidence. She was adept in using the internet and knew about all the modern technologies. One of the few female leads who did not believe in ghosts and spirits (this was later highlighted)

The troubles in her life...never bogged her down...and she always presented herself with a smiling face...

And then the iconic moment arrived when Gauri met her Omkara...and history was waiting to be written...

The arrogance of Omkara did not deter her she didnt even think twice before destroying his car with a bulldozer (with the help of her internet chachi)

The most difficult phase was her dealing with the sinister Kali Thakur...but she was too cunning for him. To save her mother she agreed to marry the demon...but to save her self respect she also managed to escape.

The Gauri Omkara marriage was the inevitable...it was predestined...and it marked the beginning of a new chapter in Gauri's life.

She never expected anything from Omkara but was ready to sacrifice her all for him...and thus marked the tagline of GKS

"Hamaare liye pyaar pooja hain...aur Gauri Ssarma yeh pooja dil se karegi"

PHASE 2

Circumstances led GKS to Mumbai and she was forced to take a job disguised as a male at her husband's mansion.

GIF credit: to the uploader

Not that we complained...Chulbul Sharma was one of the most loved characters and as Chulbul...she understood the background and circumstances of Omkara better.

The ChulKara friendship was one of the most beautiful bonds...which formed a foundation of the RiKara relationship.

We got some memorable moments of Chulbul Sharma...

"Pehli baar apne pati ke kamre mein aa rahein hain woh bhi chirota bankar"...

As Chulbul she protected her husband and his family from the Multiple facades of Svetlana and when Kali Thakur returned...she had no qualms in going back with him to protect her husband

But then her luck never favoured her...she was once again misunderstood by her husband...and she was left at the mercy of Kali. Thankfully Dabangg Gauri resurfaced...and she took matters in her own hand. Yet again during the wedding ceremony she stabbed Kali and escaped.

PHASE 3

One of the best phases of RiKara and Gauri fans was when the fake romance of Omkara and Gauri started. The chemistry was visibly palpable and both were fighting their feelings

The fake romance ultimately led to the exposure of Svetlana...which was long awaited (though we still dont know which Svetlana it was)

Some memorable Gauri Omkara scenes and moments came up during the mahasangam phase...including the epic Nandi Bail moment and a drunk Gauri (for the first time)...who blurted out what she felt at that point.

And thereafter started the mental Bua Ma track. Gauri was the first one to discover the true character of Bua Ma and she tried to reveal it...but as expected no one would believe her. So she took it on herself to once again protect her husband...

She tried to leave the house...but came back despite several protests and taunts by Omkara.

It was a treat for GKS fans to see her characterisation at this juncture. And then we had the 3 months coma track of Omkara...post which the fake pregnancy track started.

Gauri was criticised for playing with the emotions of the family...and there was a lot of negativity surrounding her GKS then. The turmoils of a woman whonwas faking a pregnancy was beautifully portrayed when we had the iconic rain hug...a crying Gauri clinging onto a confused Omkara

But what actually came out was Gauri...the devoted wife who would do anything to protect her husband from evil...and she succeeded in her mission once again. In this phase Omkara slowly started to feel for Gauri...but that was too preliminary

This time she did not only succeed to protect Omkara from the evil Bua Maa...but also to soften Omkara's stand towards her. Gauri's selfless attitude forced Omkara to analyse her character and he tried to understand her point of view...and he stopped her from leaving when she wanted to. GKS however gave a piece of her mind to her husband...thus proving that she was not all that weak as she was presumed to be.

Thus started a new phase in the life of GKS...which marked the end of Dil Bole Oberoi

scroll down for more...

Edited by priya_86 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

priya_86 thumbnail

PHASE 4

The next phase started in Gauri's life when she had to deal with confused feelings of her husband...she wanted to know her status and position in his life...but she failed

She repeatedly questioned him...but did not get her answers.

She developed a lovely bond with all the family members...Shivaay, Annika and Rudra...and even helped unconditionally during her Bade Bhaiyya's and Bhaujaai's marriage.

This was probably the most difficult phase of her journey... because at one point she felt her husband really cared for her and at some other poing he wasnt ready to acknowledge any feelings

She managed to bring out the lost artist in Omkara by becoming his inspiration...when he lost faith in himself...she had faith in her Jatadhari...and inspired him to go ahead

The awesome Dangal track was shown...where Gauri stood up to protect the pride and honour of her husband and his family...though she knew that she was no match for the wrestler.

She fought the fire to protect the ancestral "moorti"...and unknowingly she was making inroads in Omkara's heart.

PHASE 5

The best phase for a Gauri fan was this...Confession and Break up and Make up

To live up to the expectations of her husband she started taking English classes...and was yet again misunderstood

Her character was once again maligned but this time she didnt take it lying down.

She protested...she argued...she presented her point...she had the courage to profess her love to a man who despised her charachter at that point...and she also had the courage to leave him and set him free forever.

She walked out of the relationship...leaving an emptiness behind her

Her Sankarji was always there to protect her from all adversaries

Her immense devotion ...love ...sincerity ...melted Omkara's heart ...she succeeded in bringing out the lover in him...as he desperately pursued her in disguise as Dilpreet Singh

Probably Omkara himself didnt realise at which point he fell madly for this girl...she became an integral part of his life...and he realised that after she left him forever...

Then she finally got what she deserved ...the unconditional love of her husband...who ultimately realised her importance in his life

The trust which she had on her Sankarji and her Omkaraji...did not futile...and a beautiful relationship of Mr and Mrs Omkara Singh Oberoi has taken off..

The journey of GKS still continues...the Gauri Kumari Sharma..who was repeatedly misunderstood...maligned...scoffed at...laughed at...but she held her ground...she held her Viswaas...and despite everything managed to create a position for herself

3 cheers to the spirit of GKS...👏

As they say..."Love her...Hate her...but you can't ignore her"...

NB :- Most of the GIFs are created by me...I have given due credit where it has been downloaded
priya_86 thumbnail
Some memorable moments of Gauri Kumari Sarma...

Madhubala...

Chulbul ...goats chewing the leaf skirt

One of my favourites

This was beautiful...

Mesmerized...

Main ladoonga...hilarious

Maang bharo sajna...

Admiring his Chiraiyya

This one was AWESOME...the twirl...

RudrakshPreesha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
FIRST OF ALL GORGEUS THREAD U GIRLS LOVED IT TOTALLY!!!
AND NOW COMES THE ONE YEAR OF DBO N ONE YEAR OF GAURI KUMARI SHARMA !!! LOTS OF LOVE TO U SHRENU U SLAY N ROCK AS GAURI!! ⭐️

SALMAN KHAN ISHTYLE CHIRAIYA!! 😳😳

WAT A BEAUTIFUL BRIDE DID SHE MADE AS MRS. OSO

SHE IS AS CUTE AS A GOL GAPPA GOSH SO BEAUTIFUL😃

THE QUEEN GKS!!

MAKING FACES WALI GKS 😆

THE HAIR FLICKING STYLE 😎

WOAHHH SMASHING GKS!! 😲😲

CUTIEPIE GAURI
Edited by DEFOM - 6 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

This has to be on the first page, of course. One of the greatest fan made VMs dedicated to our GKS. Capturing the spirit that defines GKS!

Credit: Kriti Parikh (Twitter)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-_KNzYZCJc[/YOUTUBE]

Gauri Kumari Sharma reimagined and adapted in Padmavat

(Important read the description below)

Description: An ode to a woman with a spirit fit for a Queen.
Padmaavat: Rewritten Upon Khilji's attack and ultimate death of her husband, Rani Padmavati refuses to pick between captivity or sati. And above all, refuses to let her praja (people) crumble. In wake of her righteous husband's demise, she makes every effort to lead her praja to safety in the rajya's largest mandir before surrendering herself to Khilji & thereby stopping the attack on her people. However her surrender is part of a larger plan to avenge the death of her beloved, who she believes even fate didn't have the right to take from her. Finally, the queen grieves.

Edited by SRKisLove - 6 years ago
SRKisLove thumbnail

A discussion on Gauri Kumari Sharma is not possible without discussing Shrenu Parikh's acting, because Gauri is Gauri due to Shrenu.

(Reposting from Shrenu's birthday thread)

Playing the character of Gauri is very difficult because it's very easy to dismiss Gauri as a typical, sanskaari' character without any substance. The only reason why the audience understands Gauri's motivations is because of how Shrenu plays her, and literally elevates the inconsistent and patchy script, to make Gauri likable. Here are some of the scenes which I loved:

1. The breakup scene

This has to be the best scene written for Gauri till date. First off, credit goes to the scriptwriters and directors, because this scene was scripted and directed really well. Coming to Shrenu's performance, it's no secret that emotional scenes are Shrenu's forte. The sequence was aired in two parts. In the first part, the focus was more on Om. However, there were little things that I noticed in this scene. There is this tiny movement where Gauri touches her ear as if she can't bear to listen to what Om is saying. These slight movements do make a difference to the whole scene because it shows just how hurtful Om's words are, that Gauri is not able to bear them anymore and also can't believe what is happening. Shrenu always does these small movements, which add depth to the scene. The closing shot of the first scene where Om stomps out, the camera focuses on Gauri's face, and Shrenu clearly portrays Gauri's rage, disgust, and how she is done with the accusations.

Act 2 of the break-up scene focuses completely on Gauri. Here, as expected Shrenu excels. The whole confession scene has been praised enough for how Shrenu conveyed her feelings in English as a person who has newly learnt the language and made the diction believable. Again the small movements are important here as well, how Gauri pulls up Om's face to look at the proofs she's throwing at him, how Gauri shows her frustration by slightly stomping her feet, and the physical uneasiness displayed to show the contained rage and disappointment; Shrenu got it all correct.

Coming to expressions, there was everything from disappointment, rage, hurt, love, frustration, and a feeling of finality that she is done with everything. I don't need to go into more detail about how Shrenu portrayed all the emotions and switched effortlessly to make it a superlative performance.

The fact that this whole sequence was shot while she was still recovering from dengue shows how much of an experienced and nuanced performer she is.

2. Thakurain Gauri

Though of course the break-up scene was the most powerful scene written for Gauri, my favorite scene in terms of Shrenu's acting prowess remains Thakurain Gauri. Shrenu was marvelous in this scene. First things first, what I immediately noticed was the voice modulation. I feel Shrenu tweaked her voice a bit, to make it sound more mature. Also, the authoritative tone can't be missed. Right from where she enters, and comments on who's making so much noise, there is a change in her voice.

Major part of this scene was portrayed through Shrenu's eyes. She did a perfect job of getting the arrogance and mockery just right for Thakurain. Thakurain Gauri had a commanding presence, and Shrenu was actually given heavier eye make up and heavier clothes to justify that. Of course, her acting had a lot of weight, which is why it did not look out of place when Om actually followed her command and agreed for the tika.

I loved how Shrenu switched really fast between Thakurain Gauri who mocked Omkara as opposed to Gauri who was scared for Omkara as well as herself. When Om mentions Chulbul, Shrenu actually conveys Gauri's pain and somewhat pride at their friendship only through her eyes, because at the mention of Chulbul her gaze softens. That one second eye movement, is difficult to miss and yet too quick. Shrenu superbly did it.

Shrenu had to show a lot of restraint as Thakurain Gauri who is cold and completely opposite to Gauri in nature. Also, in the scene where Om manhandles Gauri, Shrenu had to portray dual fear: Thakurain Gauri's fear that Om is getting violent so this fear had to be superficial and materialistic fitting into Thakurain Gauri's personality as someone who only cares for herself, and Gauri's fear that Om hates her so much and she might get him into more trouble.

I think through this scene Shrenu proved her potential to take up a negative role in future or even the role of a matriarch who lords over everyone else. Shrenu was brilliant in this scene.

3. Dangal scene

Again in this sequence, the direction was flawless and needs to be complimented. This scene saw Shrenu portraying a different aspect of Gauri, which can be dubbed as cold rage. Thankfully, the script was crisp and did not demand any over-the-top dialogues, which would have ruined the effect. Shrenu gave a pretty measured performance in this scene, where Gauri's rage can be felt but its more calm in the sense that she is trying to prove a point.

As an actress, Shrenu needs to be commended for doing something rarely done in Indian television. Also, this was a greater challenge for her as she is petite for this kind of sequence. Again the action director needs to be congratulated for getting the action moves just right to make the scene believable.

Shrenu had to act in a way to make her screen presence feel weightier as she crossed off with a wrestler. This she managed to do pretty well as her expressions was calculative as well exuding confidence. Also, the last moment where Gauri is cornered and struggling, was done really well.

4. Rage scenes

Starting with the second episode itself, i.e. the bulldozer scene, which is a favorite of many. One peculiar trait of Gauri is how the tears flow out when she is angry, and Shrenu mastered that really well. The "aansu nahi angaarey hain line fits perfectly here. Again, Shrenu portrays the anger through her eyes. The expression "eyes blazing literally fits the bill for Shrenu in those scenes. When she bulldozes over Om's car, and the expression of contentment after the job is well done, which is equivalent to letting out all the anger, is pretty subtly portrayed by Shrenu.

Other scenes where I noticed the expressions of rage were in Gauri's confrontations with Kali. An example is one Kali is pulling her to the mandap the second time and she has a broken bottle in hand, there is an expression of calculated rage and determination, which makes the whole scene believable. It's difficult to portray a puny woman getting better of a villainous character without any defense skill sets, but Shrenu brings a certain heavy presence to her acting in those scenes, which make it not only believable and highly enjoyable to watch.

5. Emotional scenes

There are several other scenes, which I liked a lot, but a blow-by-blow analysis will make it repetitive. One of the most powerful scenes we got to see recently was Omkara's confession. The best shot of Shrenu in that scene is when Gauri laughs off Omkara's sudden reminder that she is married to him. Shrenu's immediate change of expression from mirthless, hysterical laughter to rage, and how she punctuated that rage by shoving Omkara away, was very well done. Throughout this scene, there was specific emphasis on particular words and in general the intonation of dialogues in that scene was very well done. Scenes like the Goodbye scene in the staircase, both the exhibition scenes where in the first one she meets Om after leaving and flees and the second one where the fiasco happened, the Finale scene of DBO, the confrontation after the inspiration scene, the scene where Gauri is asking about the princess' future while Om is narrating a story to Pari, etc were beautifully done, and Shrenu's acting is so heartbreaking, that I literally needed to brave up myself to watch it. Shrenu always gets it right balance between over-the-top (TRP-audience-pleasing) crying and bawling. The slight gulping or reaching for air or sniffing (with her nose going red) or hesitation, depending on the scene, adds to the quality of the scenes. I've said this before, but Shrenu cries beautifully and emotional scenes are her forte.

6. Chulbul track

Coming to something that I've seen on Indian TV after a long time, the infamous or famous (depending on who's watching) Chulbul track. The thing with cross-dressing plot is that it can go horribly wrong. The audience knows it's a girl, so the trick is not how to make it believable (because the suspension of belief is already at work), but how to make it funny without making people cringe. I liked how Shrenu portrayed the dichotomy of two characters. Chulbul's awkward gait, hand gestures, and overall personality were very well done. The point here was not only to make it look comic for a girl pretending to be a boy, but also to keep in mind that its small town girl with traditional values, who is impersonating a boy, so Chulbul had to be extra shy. Shrenu caught that bit really well. There were quite a few funny scenes in this track but some of my favorites were the one night stand scene, the leaf skirt scene, and the hum chirota nahi, chiraiyaa hai bit. I just wish the track wasn't stretched so much, and we had more funny moments. As an actor I think, Shrenu pulled off this track pretty well.

7. Comic timing

One cannot end this post without mentioning Shrenu's excellent comic timing. Every comic scene is like perfection itself. The best part about the comic scenes is Shrenu's expressions. She is without doubt the expression queen in the entire IB cast. She manages the balance with over-the-top comic antics and understated comedy so effortlessly. Whether it's the bhooot' in the car or the bhaujaaiii' in the motorbike, Shrenu's expressions are unbeatable. Also, the whole bhang ladoo scene, and the expressions which she is making, what is even her face! Also, the scenes where Shrenu has to emote expressions when Gauri is talking in her mind, like the scene with Ragini, or in the car with Om, those scenes were superbly done. Just the right amount of drama for the television screen without making it over-the-top.

Finally, though IB/DBO is not really a dramatic serial on par with others, Shrenu, at least, got to portray the most varied shades of a character on this show, for which as a fan, I'm grateful, because I got to see her superlative performance.

SRKisLove thumbnail

Something silly I made:

"Naam yaad Rakhna, Gauri Kumari Ssarma "

Gauri Kumari Sharma and Bollywood Parallels (sort of)

From top to Bottom:

1. Chulbul Pandey (Dabanng, 2010 ) - Self-explanatory
  2. Bindu (Manthan, 1976) - Bindu, a young fiesty woman leading the local village women against the local dairy owner who would cheat them out of their rightful earnings.
  3. Shalini Singh (Jewel Thief, 1967 ) - Same song, Shalini, a famous dancer, is forced to be part of the scheme to rob the jewels as her brother is held hostage.
  4. Sonbai (Mirch Masala,1987 ) - Sonbai, escapes the clutches the lecherous Subehdar who tries to molest her.
  5. Jodha (Jodha Akbar, 2008 ) - Self-explanatory
  6. Veera (Dil Bole Hadippa!, 2009) - Gender bender
  7. Leela Sanera (Ram Leela, 2013) - Leela, forced to step in as the leader of her clan and pretend hatred for her lover
  8. Meera (NH10, 2015 ) - Self-explanatory
  9. Rhea (KANK,2006 ) - Questions the inherently misogynist and hypocritical judgments of her husband
  10. Meera Gaity (NOKJ, 2011) - Meera , a journalist, plans a sting operation to expose the false/hostile witnesses in a murder case
  11. Leela Samera (Ram Leela, 2013) - Honestly I'm at a loss about what really Leela (or Gauri) was trying to achieve here.
  12. Dimple Dixit (MBKD, 2011) - Consuming and slipping to unsuspecting folks, bhaang, meant for others.
  13. Aditi Mehra (YJHD, 2013) - Gearing up for a fight irrespective of size, strength or support.
  14. Aarfa Hussain (Sultan, 2016) - Self-explanatory, though Aarfa was a professional wrestler
  15. Shashi Godbole (English Vinglish, 2012) - Learning English in their adulthood
  16. Naina Raichand (K3G, 2001) - Pulling her husband down from the pedestal of parmeshvar' and putting a stop to his BS and skewed perception of the world.
  17. Naina Talwar (YJHD, 2013) - Naina walks away from Bunny's confession of love, because it would not work between them.
  18. Pooja (Arth, 1982 ) - Questioning her husband whether he holds himself to the same standards that he held her to, i.e., would he forgive her and move forward if she cheated on him like he did?
  19. Raj/Simran (DDLJ, 1995) - Happy Ending?
SRKisLove thumbnail

Gauri Kumari Sharma: The Queen

Feludarocks thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

This was supposed to be the first post, but khair I got too late on it.

Anyways, ab main kya bolun? Eevrybody has said so much, I can only add:

Its easy to underestimate her, paachvi pass, from a small town but whoever underestimated paid the price.

Never say die and keep hoping for a better tomo. Thats what GKS symbolizes. And of course she is

Credit : omxxgauri (Instagram)

Edited by Feludarocks - 6 years ago
wanderlust786 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

The first time I fell in love with Gauri Kumari Ssarma was when I watched the break-up scene. There was something so melancholic, something so pure, something that strangely made me feel her pain when she was pouring her heart out in front the only man she loved to death.

"Galat fehmi ho bhi gaya, toh safai dene ka ek mauka dete" she said and it struck me hard. How true. How true that is. How realistic the scene was. I literally had goosebumps. And that one scene made me go back to the beginning of their story, rather their journey. Though the story had it's own loopholes, the journey of Omkara and Gauri to RiKara is something that would be cherished. And the character, Gauri Kumari Ssarma is one such which became very close to my heart. How much ever we are disappointed now, I would like to thank the writer for introducing us to two wonderful characters. The journey of Gauri Kumari Ssarma, I felt was not explored but still manages to give chills for the fiery character she is. As today marks the anniversary of one such character, this post is dedicated to her journey. Totally my perspective.

I wanted you to love me...The way I love you

This is one line, I feel, which sums up her love for him. When did Gauri actually fall in love? When did she realise that she was in love? What is love for her?

Gauri Kumari Ssarma is a very strong character. The dabangg chirayya who can never take anyone pointing fingers at her vishwas. The girl who bulldozed her way into the Omkara Singh Oberoi's life. What made her love the person who hated her the most? What made her love the man who did not care about her? What made her love her husband who did not consider her his wife?

It was the time when she was running away from the monster in her life, she bumped into him again. All her life, she was a victim of her fate. She was orphaned, she was adopted and her struggle did not end even then. She had to stop her studies to take care of her ill mother. She had to tackle her chacha chachi every single day. She had to work to lead a proper life, she had to earn a living. On top of all, she had to face the monster named Kaali Thakur in her life. But nothing could tamper her courage. Nothing.

Tum jo kar rahi ho, usse saaf saaf nazar aa raha hai ki tum kitna ghatiya aur giri hui insaan ho

He said blinded by his past, and that was the moment when something in her broke. His words broke her more than anything. She hated being judged and she couldn't help but feel sad about the opinion he had on her. She hated being judged for her actions and that is what she did not do. Inspite of his words, she understood that he was affected by something in his past. Inspite of his hatred, she was able to see that he was not what he portrayed himself to be. And when he did not think twice to marry her just to save her, she knew, she knew deep down that he was a man with good heart but with a disturbed past. Apart from considering him a blessing from God himself, she started developing a soft corner for him. For her, faith is a part of her. She had enough faith on God for both of them to sustain. She did not want to force herself on him. Because she believed, if it is meant to be, it would be.

ChulKara was the base for their relation. She got to know him in person. When she got to know that he was going to marry someone else, she couldn't help but feel bad. Feel broken at her fate but never did she blame him. And when she started knowing him in person, she saw his true self. The kind hearted man, the man who can go to any extent to protect the ones he loved, the man who would respect everyone, the man who is pure by heart and also the vulnerable side of him which he hides under the mask. Somewhere in the middle of getting to know him and helping him, she started falling for him.

Hum jaanthe hai Omkaraji, hum samajthe bhi hai aapko

She said when he confessed in bareilly that he loved her. What did she mean by that? How well did she understand him? That statement had much more depth than what it seemed. The point is she was the only girl who understood him like no other. Even before knowing who he was, she was the one who understood that he had a troubled past. Though she did not know his past, she knew him enough to make out that he was scared of commitment. She was the witness of how much Jhanvi suffered because of Tej and how much Om suffered because of his parents' relation. May be this was one of the reasons why she never expected anything from him. Every time he misunderstood her, she put herself in his shoes and understood him. She understood his reasons.

Gauri Kumari Ssarma itni matlabi nahi hai, itni lalchi nahi hai, kabhi nahi samjhenge aap, kabhi nahi.

She said to herself when he accused that he knows her real face and that is when I fell for her more. She had all the reasons to hate him but she just couldn't. She couldn't hate him knowing what he actually is. She couldn't hate him because she could see his concern for her even through his hate.

"Aap jaanthe kya hai hamare baare mein? she asked. Not once but many times. But she never did tell him what actually happened. Why? Was it ego which was stopping her? Or was it the fact that he wouldn't understand her even if she tells him? I believe, neither. Every time he misunderstood her actions, she broke a bit. But all she wanted was for him to understand her without judging, understand her without having to explain her actions, understand her for who she is. That was all she wanted and nothing else. She wanted him to know that she meant no harm but she did not want him to realise that after knowing her past. She wanted him to know her for what she is. She wanted him to know that she is the same girl whom he met in Bareilly.

Amidst all these, when did she actually fall in love? May be when she got to know his real self. May be when she got to know how gem of a person he is. She might consider him pati parameshwar, but every time she thought him as parameshwar, she didn't know that it was her way of showing love. What made her stay even when she was asked to leave every time? Was it that she longed for him? Or was it that she longed for a family? Obviously, neither. It was her love which made her compromise on her values to save him, to stick by his side even when she was asked to leave. Once her job is done, it was her love for him which made her leave just because his happiness lied in that. She did love him when she got to know that a gem of a person lay beneath the mask he wore. She loved him all along.

She loved with no strings attached. No expectations. No hopes. Because she knew, once he comes to know her real self, she will get her husband back. His happiness meant a lot to her and she was willing to do anything for it. That was when he misunderstood her again and that was when she lost her patience. After all the time they spent together, she couldn't help but feel broken that she was judged again. And that happened when she did not even know what she was being accused of. All she wanted was for him to understand her but when he was not even willing to try, she couldn't help but leave. She knew she would love him all his life. For her, love did not mean being together. Neither she is "I can't live without you type. Though she has extreme faith in God and comes from a village background, she is practical enough to know that relation wouldn't work that way.

Love for her is respect, love for her is the happiness of the better half, love for her is selflessness, more than anything love for her is loving a man for who he is. In a world where people in a relation give in to the other person's wishes, Gauri Kumari Ssarma comes, breaking all the stereotypes. She is not the damsel in distress, nor she needs anyone to take care of her. She is a phoenix, the one who rises every time she falls. The one who can take a stand against her own husband. The one who is the hero of her own life. It is true that her Shankar ji was the one who brought Om into her life. But if she is happy today, it is because of her never-ending patience, resilience. It is because she finally made Om see the real her. She wanted him to love her the way she loved him and finally, he couldn't help but love her, love her for who she is. She got her husband back, the person who she saw behind his faade months ago.

Well, that is Gauri Kumari Sharma, paanchvi pass from Bareilly. The one who doesn't give in, the one who is practical enough, the one who can face absolutely everything that is thrown on her way, the one who knows what to do when, the one who knows where to speak what, the one who doesn't hesitate to lie when needed, the one who can take a stand for herself and above all, the one who writes her own destiny and the hero of her own life. She does have vishwas on Shankar ji, but every time she faces something, she doesn't realise that it is not just the vishwas which makes her go on, but the courage as well, which comes from within and which has also become a part of her from her childhood.

Every time her fate challenged her, she failed to realise that she was the writer of her own destiny.

Edited by rikarafan1 - 6 years ago