Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-mina- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

~Biography~

The versatile, charming, and ever-so-humble Sriti Jha is  the lead actress of India's hit daily soap, Kumkum Bhagya. Born February 26th, 1986 in Begusarai, Sriti spent her early years in Kolkata and Kathmandu. Her family includes her parents Rita and Mithilesh, sister Meenakshi and brother Shashank. In recent years, she has gained a brother-in-law  Rony, a sister-in-law Parul, and a beloved niece Pakhi (daughter of Meenakshi & Rony). In 2004, Sriti earned a B. A. in English Literature from Sri Venkateswara College in New Delhi, where her experience as a college thespian became the launchpad of an unexpected and enormously successful television career!

~In Other Words~
While Sriti's talent and dedication to the craft of acting have earned her fame and celebrity, as an individual she is private, reserved, and inclined to introspective pursuits. The world may know her as an actress but a few other words to describe Sriti include:
  • Humanitarian
Sriti has been involved in and worked to bring awareness to local charity causes in Mumbai and around the world. In honour of her 32nd birthday this year, her fan group Sriti Lovers Indonesia organized an impressive "Make Someone Smile" event in Jakarta, treating 32 local orphans to a beautiful party and special goodie bags. Inspired by her example in previous years, Indiaforums fans joined together to meet Sriti's call for donations to the Nepal earthquake relief effort, raising $600USD and taking direct action for other causes in their own communities. The main "Happy Birthday Sriti!" Fundraiser for GlobalGiving's Nepal Earthquake Relief Fund remains open for donations on an ongoing basis, as the need for aid continues even 3 years after the devastating earthquake.

• Traveller

Nurturing a lifelong case of wanderlust, Sriti takes every opportunity to travel far and wide. She favours serene and verdant destinations in India just as much as she enjoys trips to world cities like Prague and holiday havens like Thailand.

• Poet

While she has made acting her career, writing may well be Sriti's true passion. She has shared her poetry in public on only a few occasions, including onscreen in Balika Vadhu and Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati as well as in her recent interview on Table for Two. Sriti also enjoys the work of spoken word artists such as Rabia Kapoor. Sriti's fans can only wait, wonder and wish for a chance to see more of Sriti's poetic works in the future!

• Bookworm

A voracious reader, Sriti has a taste for literary fiction but has also been known to read and enjoy various genres. Her special love of all things Harry Potter has prompted her fans to make this year's Twitter hashtag "#HBDPotterGirlSritiJha"! In fact her addiction to books is so intense it deserves its own...

~Special Mention!~

Sriti has gone public in a big way with her bookworm side, featuring many diverse "Chai Aur Kitaab" posts on Instagram in recent months! She participated actively in social media discussion during the Man Booker 2017 shortlist & winner announcement process. She has also appeared on her favourite YouTube show Books on Toast, featuring as a special guest on Episode 24!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bh31KBid2Eg[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by -mina- - 6 years ago
-mina- thumbnail

Over her eleven year career in television, Sriti has excelled in a steady stream of dynamic work in Tellywood. Known for her mature and nuanced acting style, she has featured in eight dramas and played the central heroine in 5 of them!

~Malini in Dhoom Machao Dhoom~
2007-08, Disney Channel

Sriti debuted on Indian television in the role of Malini, a traditional yet daring keyboardist in the high school musical comedy drama, Dhoom Machao Dhoom.

~Sunaina in Jiya Jale~
2007-08, 9X

In her sophomore show Jiya Jale, Sriti developed her talents in the lead role of Sunaina, a passionate dancer who is committed to the man she loves despite all challenges.

~Suhani in Shaurya aur Suhani~
2009, Star Plus

Sriti switched genres from contemporary to fantasy with her turn as the valiant and vivacious titular Princess Suhani in Shaurya aur Suhani.

~Sudha & Devika in Jyoti~
2009-10, ImagineTV

Sriti's fourth show Jyoti involved her first double role, a niche which has become a hallmark of her career. She won hearts as the shy, studious Sudha and further captivated the audience as the dazzling yet troubled Devika, depicting the complex journey of an individual suffering multiple personal disorder after experiencing trauma.

~Sandhya & Vrinda in Rakt Sambandh~
2010-11, ImagineTV

In the thriller Rakt Sambandh, Sriti returned to a lead role and took on the new challenge of portraying a visually impaired character, the dutiful and loving Sandhya. Through the twists and turns of the plot, she also donned a smashing tapori avatar as the streetsmart and revenge-minded Vrinda.

~Jhanvi & Sia in Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhava~
2011-13: LifeOK

In her darkest role to date, Sriti played Jhanvi, a young wife subject to intense domestic violence in Dil Se Di Dua...Saubhagyavati Bhava. It evolved into another dual role as she had the chance to portray Sia, a resilient survivor with a zest for life.

~Ganga in Balika Vadhu~
2013, Sphere Origins

Although her stint on the long running show was relatively short, Sriti made an impact in Balika Vadhu as the originator of the role of Ganga, a young woman who perseveres through child marriage and early motherhood to achieve her dream of becoming a nurse.

~Pragya & Munni in Kumkum Bhagya~
premiered 2014, ZeeTV

Sriti's current role is her longest and largest achievement, as Kumkum Bhagya has surpassed 1000 episodes over almost four years and achieved phenomenal worldwide success. While the role of Pragya gave her plenty of scope to showcase her talents from the start, in 2017 that scope expanded greatly with the introduction of Munni, the streetwise, cunning rural doppelganger to the elegant, educated and sensitive Pragya.

No discussion of Sriti's compelling and comprehensive performance in Kumkum Bhagya is complete without special mention of her most mesmerizing guise - that of drunk Pragya. Whether as Chashmish, Fuggi, Mogambo, or Nikita, Sriti has always delivered fantastic renditions of comedic intoxication. These scenes are a must watch, whether or not you catch anything else in the show! Fans constantly cherish hopes of new drunk Pragya sequences, as they are a true highlight of Sriti's talents.

As her fans and admirers, we wish Sriti oodles and oodles of success and diversity in her future work. While the popular success of Kumkum Bhagya has made her a household name, we're sure that many captivating roles still lie ahead for this consummate artiste.

-mina- thumbnail

A few words & works of love from Sriti's special pankha brigade!

SARA aka @RatiTheAngel

Happy Birthday Sriti🥳
Your dreams are real, you work hard and you have a pure heart, hope your birthday fulfills all your wishes and dreams come true 
love you alots Have a beautiful and amazing birthday with love ones

MAHAM aka @Bloom_Believix_

🥳🥳🥳Manny many happy returns of the day Sriti Ma'am!! 🥳🥳🥳
It's a great privilege for us to celebrate you, your birthday, your life and what it means to have you in ours!  😃
You have spread so much love and joy without a moment's hesitation.
You are truly one of a kind ⭐️
Thank you for every great memory through all these years and making us inspired.
Much LOVVVEEE ❤️
Maham 😳

SWARNALI aka @Itswarnali

MEGHNA aka Maggie11 (IF) / Karia.Meghna (Instagram)

Happy Birthday to most talented n beautiful person, whom I adore a lot, stay blessed always Sketch   https://www.instagram.com/p/BX3IIstAJs2/

NICITA aka SilverBell (IF) / @Nicita78

Drear Sriti Jha, 
Your Wonderful Actress I Love You On Kumkum Bhagya As Pragya& Munni.
Not Just In KKB But I Loved Your All Your Previous Tv Serials Too.
Happy Birthday Sriti.
From Your Fan In America.
😳 

AYISHAS

Happy happy happy happy and many more happy returns of the day my baby dear...

Happy Birthday to the gorgeous, from head to toe
Happy Birthday to the gorgeous, in and out
Happy Birthday to the gorgeous, poet
Happy Birthday to the gorgeous, who I wanted to meet
Happy Birthday to the gorgeous, crazy creature 
Happy Birthday to the gorgeous, who is always being part of me and all that I go through
Happy Birthday to the gorgeous, hufflepuf
Happy Birthday dear,
May sorting hat sort you to Hogwarts this year..
Love you, love you, love you to be blessed...

P.s: plz find not mistake but love 

HARSHA aka vlhs12993 (IF) / @Harshawardhini4

Happy birthday to my favorite girl!!!
What can I wish for the person who has everything?
Just know that I love, adore and admire you so much. Thanks for making me feel so proud to be your fan. Whether it is your body of work or your personality everything about you makes me proud. I feel lucky to have found you. You are just so unique that I never felt I am a fan of a star or celebrity but a fan of great human. Keep doing what you love to do and explore the world. 

KIRTI aka Tisha_fan

Happy Birthday Sriti mam!!! This is first time I am wishing you as person So I am kinda loss of words and a little nervous I have soo much to say to you but right now nothing is coming in my mind... Just to know I love and adore you... I am glad I came through KKB and got to know you a little because even though I hardly watch TV & much to my delight one day I accidentally saw you as Sia and that day I started admire you without my knowledge... May Your life will be full of Happiness and joy and the best of everything May you continue love life and make it beautiful like you do every time and never stop dreaming.. May Your beautiful smile never leave your face keep smiling always
With love and best wishes
     Kirti

mon_mohmed

Every year and you are beautiful
Happy Birthday. I am biggest Fans 
mon_mohmed

Anamika.Viji

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SRITI !!!

-mina- thumbnail

~Creations~

by Sara (@RatiTheAngel)

by Mina (@minahbirdie)

trying new things; inspired by bini

-mina- thumbnail
~ Moments~

In the thousand-plus episodes of Kumkum Bhagya, Sriti has performed almost every kind of scene imaginable. Here are a select few moments to show her incredible range!

-mina- thumbnail
~More?~

Sriti in interviews is a treat not to be missed! If you'd like to know more about this enigmatic star, have a look at these recent clips and more 😊

2018 pre-birthday segment

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A49_KkHIHZA[/YOUTUBE]

A Table for Two - Part 1/2

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SzmAEnNI3Us[/YOUTUBE]

A Table for Two - Part 2/2
(Features Sriti reading her own free verse!)

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u74BAx1eNpo[/YOUTUBE]

"Never Have I Ever"

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-uFaDuWnLk[/YOUTUBE]

2017 Birthday segment - cutting cake

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VRg5ZDUstc[/YOUTUBE]

2017 Birthday segment - opening gifts

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mblhltKTw90[/YOUTUBE]

-mina- thumbnail

~Credits~

• Headers & Banners - Mahi / @BloomBelievix
  • Edits - Sara / @RatiTheAngel
  • Coordination & Text - Mina / @minahbirdie
  • Resources - @teamsritij
  • Support - Nadia / @nadz0102
  • Stealth - Naina
  • Don't Ask It - no don't ask!
  • Love & brightness - WORLDWIDE PANKHA BRIGADE! ❤️

THANK YOU FOR JOINING US!!!

Please comment and celebrate Sriti to your heart's content 😃🥳

~Previous Birthday Threads!~

2013 :
||Sriti Jha's Birthday Bash|| LET'S CELEBRATE!!!

2014:
Welcome to the Birthday Bash of the Zesty & Sprightly Sriti Jha

2015:
Aye, aye! Happy Birthday to Cap'n "Pretty" Sriti Jha!!

2016:
**Happy Birthday to Our Pyaari Abhinetri - Sriti Jha!**

2017 : Happy 31st Birthday Sriti Jha, Empress of Awesome!!!~

-mina- thumbnail
IT'S LIVE THANKS EVERYONE FOR WAITING
ayishas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail