Rajpal Yadav: My short height has always been the fight of my life

JackSparrowcraz thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 6 years ago

Feb 01, 2018 17:59 IST

Rishabh Suri

With more than 100 films to his credit in a two-decade long Bollywood career, actor Rajpal Yadav is loved by the audience for his perfect comic timing in films such as Bhool Bhulaiyaa (2007) and Bhagam Bhag (2006).

In most of his films, many jokes have been cracked at Rajpal's short' height, but the actor laughs it off saying, "Height would be an issue for those who are uneducated. I remember watching The Great Dictator (1940), starring Charlie Chaplin. Voh bhi toh chhoti height ke aadmi the! (He was also short in height). But his work spoke volumes, and he emerged as a mountain of creativity, which no one has been able to move. In cricket, there would be bowlers as tall as six feet, but the little master' Sachin Tendulkar hit 100 centuries!

The actor, who is currently filming in Jalandhar for a Hollywood project, goes on to say, "Height meri fight hai apni life ki (Height has been the fight of my life). However, not letting such a thing bog him down, he adds, "I don't know how to pray and don't believe in any superstitions, but my belief in myself is very strong. Some people don't have hands, some don't have eyes these people's struggle in life is real. We have been blessed with everything a pair of eyes, ears, hands. What do we have to worry about? About having one more foot added to our height? Just because I am not six feet, won't I be respected?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rangaaa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Zeal17

Great Supporting Actor...

this guy suddenly disappeared.Is he doing any films?some of his roles in Priyadarshan's films were funny...
Edited by raj80 - 6 years ago
Zeal17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: raj80

this guy suddenly disappeared.Is he doing any films?some of his roles in Priyadarshan's films were funny...

I remember some legal case against him.. Jail Hui Thi ...but he is still doing movies was thr in Judwaa 2..
Resident_Evil thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mahantakimurat

Aamir is one of exceptions bro. Short people have to work hard like nearly double the amount to prove their worth. They're looked down easily. It's truth. In fact even in this forum one member called South asians ugly and short like they've control over their genes

A LOT of people in showbiz are short. Thats like the part and parcel of the business.

Aur forum ki kya baat hai. Yahan ka tu baba adam hi nirala hai.
Edited by Resident_Evil - 6 years ago
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Still think Main Meri Patni Aur Woh is one of his finest works. Excellent movie.