Just between Lovers

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 6 years ago

Anyone else watching it? I am captivated by this drama. I was craving for a nice love story and after a long time I found one that's not a romcom. I thought Koreans forgot how to make good romance/melodramas and this is easily one of the best...and it's not just a love story, this drama is so much more.

How good is Junho? It's my first time watching him act and I totally understand why he was so praised during Chief Kim. Now I just want to watch everything he's done so far. The female lead is lovely too and her portrayal is so mature even though she is a rookie actress. It's a refreshing drama to watch and I really like the sensitive portrayal of PTSD. The acting, direction, cinematography and OST...everything is perfect.

Edited by incandescent - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.Peaceminusone. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Its that kind of a melodrama I was seriously yearning for... Like this drama shows that you don't need makjang potrayal of sadness and crying for it to be a melodrama, even with just simple and subtle emotions you can touch hearts and make them cry.. 😔Well it happened to me at least..
Also the way it's directed, the underlying melancholy makes the drama look so beautifully sad (in a good way) that it gives the lingering kind of feeling..
Like I've said in the other thread that I must really commend the makers and the actors for such real and raw potrayal of PTSD especially Junho, damn his acting chops are no joke, his tormenting, his hallucinations give me chills..
But given that it's supposed to be a melodrama, I still hope that there's no sad ending, for the sake of characters atleast, who after all those sufferings kinda deserve to have a happy ending...
piyu008 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
IKR! I mean I am loving the drama from day one. You said it all - that has been screaming in my mind since I started the drama.

Even I am going flat on Junho, I thought it is his first drama. He looks super hot with that rough look.

piyu008 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Peaceminusone.

Its that kind of a melodrama I was seriously yearning for... Like this drama shows that you don't need makjang potrayal of sadness and crying for it to be a melodrama, even with just simple and subtle emotions you can touch hearts and make them cry.. 😔Well it happened to me at least..

Also the way it's directed, the underlying melancholy makes the drama look so beautifully sad (in a good way) that it gives the lingering kind of feeling..
Like I've said in the other thread that I must really commend the makers and the actors for such real and raw potrayal of PTSD especially Junho, damn his acting chops are no joke, his tormenting, his hallucinations give me chills..
But given that it's supposed to be a melodrama, I still hope that there's no sad ending, for the sake of characters atleast, who after all those sufferings kinda deserve to have a happy ending...

@Bold I have been fearing this from day one, the first episode itself gave me the feeling that this can be sad ending.

But I really hope they will just move forward with current track - recovery of characters.
DamRyeong thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
I am planning to watch this.. after a few weeks may be..
currently, i am watching doubtful victory.
incandescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Peaceminusone.

At bold - You stole the words from my mouth. I feel the same way. You don't often get to see such subtlety in kdramas.

I seriously hope Gang Doo and Moon Soo get their happy ending. After twelve episodes, I am starting to worry a little.

incandescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: piyu008

IKR! I mean I am loving the drama from day one. You said it all - that has been screaming in my mind since I started the drama.

Even I am going flat on Junho, I thought it is his first drama. He looks super hot with that rough look.

It's his first lead role though and he's absolutely nailing it. I never paid much attention to him before but he is practically wrecking all my biases with this role.
incandescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: itsokaysammy

I am planning to watch this.. after a few weeks may be..

currently, i am watching doubtful victory.

Do watch it soon.

How is Doubtful victory?
piyu008 thumbnail
Did you guys see last week's episode? Man not only they got Indian guy but they also had him speak in Hindi.
Gosh It was my first time seeing a Indian in Kdrama speaking Hindi. Apart from excellence now I love it for its diversity😆😆
incandescent thumbnail

Originally posted by: piyu008

Did you guys see last week's episode? Man not only they got Indian guy but they also had him speak in Hindi.

Gosh It was my first time seeing a Indian in Kdrama speaking Hindi. Apart from excellence now I love it for its diversity😆😆

He was there in the earlier episodes along with a couple of other guys. I was wondering if they were going to get any dialogues at all. I was expecting him to speak Korean, not Hindi. 😆😆

Not Indian but Kim Ji Won had a few Hindi lines in High Kick 3 and they also played Tunak Tunak Tun by Daler Mehendi in You're Beautiful.