SRK turned down Subhash Ghai's film with BigB and Dilip Kumar

DivineAngel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3

Fantasy Force

Posted: 6 years ago

Shah Rukh Khan turned down Subhash Ghai's film with Amitabh Bachchan and Dilip Kumar. Here's why

Shah Rukh Khan wanted the spotlight to be solely on him at the time and did not want to be a part of multi-hero films.

Written by Samrudhi Ghosh

New Delhi, November 9, 2017 | UPDATED 12:09 IST

When Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khanshot together for a magazine cover, fans went into a frenzy on seeing three of the biggest Bollywood superstars in a single frame. What if we told you that the three were supposed to come together on the big screen?

Director Subhash Ghai told PTI in a recent interview that a war film starring Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan was in the works, but had to be shelved.

"In 2003, I wanted to start a war film called Mother Land, where I had cast Dilip Kumar, Amitabh Bachchan and Shah Rukh Khan. The script was ready and three songs were also recorded, but at the last minute Shah Rukh backed out," he said.

However, Shah Rukh bowed out of the project as he was interested only in solo-hero films back then. The Taal director said, "He (Shah Rukh) felt there are so many characters in the film. He wanted to do a solo hero film then, but mine was not. It was a story of Dilip saab, Amitabh Bachchan, Shah Rukh. On my wish list were also Aishwarya Rai, Preity Zinta and Mahima Chaudhry for the film but that's destiny."

Meanwhile, Shah Rukh Khan is currently shooting for Aanand L Rai's film, in which he will play a dwarf. The film, which also stars Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif, will reportedly hit the theatres on Christmas 2018.

Edited by Krishnala- - 6 years ago