worldofwinds thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

http://www.mid-day.com/articles/sonal-vengurlekar-insecure-about-new-female-lead-in-saam-daam-dand-bhed/18718150

Sonal Vengurlekar of Saam Daam Dand Bhed finds herself in an unenviable position. Sources from the unit inform that the actor, who has been paired opposite Bhanu Uday in the political drama, is unhappy with the screen time allotted to her.

Sonal Vengurlekar

Says a source, "Considering she plays the female lead, one would assume that she has enough screen time. But she is barely called for shoots. Bhanu is taking the story ahead and is shooting for almost 25 days a month. On the other hand, Sonal is called on the set for three to four days in a month." The source adds that since Vengurlekar has signed up for this show, she is contractually bound and cannot take up other offers.

What makes matters worse for her is the addition of a new female lead in the form of Aishwarya Khare. While Vengurlekar plays Uday's love interest in the show, the latter will be seen tying the knot with Khare eventually. "Sonal has been feeling insecure about her position as the female lead. The story will now focus on Bhanu and Aishwarya's romance."

However, the actor of Shastri Sisters fame offers a different narrative. Admitting that she wasn't happy with the arc of her character initially, Vengurlekar claims her role will become complex as the drama moves forward. "I was initially concerned that my dates are not being utilised. But the makers explained that my character will develop once Bhanu and I severe ties, and go on to marry different people," she says.

Question her on Khare's entry in the drama and she states, "It [the show] was always supposed to have two heroines. I was just concerned about how that would affect my character. We were told right at the start that Bhanu's journey will be the focal point of the story. My role is just getting interesting."

Edited by worldofwinds - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

worldofwinds thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I totally expected an article like this. Great to hear that Sonal actually sounds so sorted about the entire matter. I really hope the makers have something interesting in store for Mandira as well in the story ahead. Love this show and really don't want it to be doomed by untimely exits and controversies :( 

On another note, there might have been certain work related concerns but Sonal and Aishwarya have got along really well and have even become good friends if their Instagram pictures are anything to go by. 
LadyMacbeth thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
But I thought the two was getting along really well...at least Sonal's insta pics said so ! ðŸ˜²
Honestly I hope there'll be enough scope for all the 4 lead actors to share their acting abilities . Aishwarya already impressed me ! I was pretty apprehensive about her before her entry but now I am quite happy that she is opposite Bhanu in this show . Glad to know we will be seeing Bulbul and Vijay's lovestory too . ðŸ˜ƒ