Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: here4reviews

I guess that look is of Manikarnika and not Rani Laxmibai. She seems to be receiving the sword from either her father or some maratha (going by the bald head with the sikha.) That can't be her husband since Gangadhar Rao doesn't look like that so this is probably her look before her marriage. I'm pretty sure back then women would only wear sarees after they were married.

And that's not an anarkali, it looks like a type of mavala worn by Maratha warriors with that petha she is wearing on her head. I'm not sure what the dress is called up north but both Ash and Deepika had worn the same (white in color) in Jodha Akbar and Bajirao Mastani. So that is a legit warrior dress. Good to know they have not kept the dresses over the top. The film doesn't need the same. If anyone has watched the Jhansi Ki Rani TV show on Zee, you'll notice the costumes are similar. I don't see any fault in research here. Also, the pictures of Jhansi Ki Rani are all illustrations. Some have her in saree while some like Amar Chitra Katha has her in a mavala.

Also, how did Neeta Lulla get Devdas wrong? πŸ˜• The film was set in the 1900's, zamindars dressed like that back then. How was it wrong?

Yep... this is very likely before marriage at the sword ceremony with Moropant Tambe, her father
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Wow , I need to see more pics now !!
Very impressive indeed.
angrybread thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: KabhiKabhi

Why isn't the same outrage and cry for authenticity shown towards this movie as opposed to another one? Also there were reports of the script being stolen of this movie.

This is why I keep mentioning hypocrisy and blind hatred.
People actually don't care for authenticity in either movie but want to drag the other movie down just because of the blind hatred for the maker and the lead actors.
The more the pictures leak from this movie the apparent it gets of the hypocrisy.

There you go ...i was so sure that a comment like this will be in this thread ( reason for me to open the thread ) πŸ˜† same old... oh why not the same for this movie...hypocricy.. blind.hatred etc etc πŸ˜†
Hope one of kangy fan replies to it πŸ˜†
Edited by angrybread - 6 years ago
don12 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: anu023

tjey should have got a kid to.play manikarnika..technically she had an early marriage and i.think.she died quite young too..
Kangana looks old to.play manikarnika ..

Also coming to the costumes, mavala doesn't exactly.look.like what she wore. Kangana's costume clearly looks like anarkali..

Mavala was the army for Shivaji..hence i mentioned in my previous post the dress has similarity to what a mavala wears..." a male soldier"...

I find it hard to believe a girl wearing such dress.
1105912 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ImagineMe

Master of the Ceremony - Sanjay Leela Bhansali πŸ‘

Also noteworthy NA winning work includes Lamhe, Jodhaa Akbar and Balgandharva

Damn it, IM!!!

πŸ€£πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘
Edited by flameofdarkness - 6 years ago
blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
aye sabass...khoob ladi mardani woh toh Jhansi wali Rani theeπŸ₯³
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Kangy look is similar to Hrithik's look from Jodha Akbar lol... yaha pe bhi stalking...
1128633 thumbnail
QUOTE=ImagineMe]

JHOOTON KI RANI
πŸ˜†πŸ€£πŸ˜†

--------------------------------------------------
Edited by sharmeeli.titli - 6 years ago