Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hayaa.m thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Arrey Zalim kis jagah break lagaya 😭 Another cliff hangerπŸ˜”
Waiting for the next part Jaren . Pl post soon.
huda123 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
aahh the cliffhanger! i wonder if asfi was there when rehan went to meet khala. great going ...anyways...update soon!
JarenM thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Disclaimer: All doctors, please don't throw chappals at me. I know government doesn't recognize the services of doctors and PMDC does no such thing as rewarding doctors but at least fiction mai to khush ho sakte na!

Recap: "Dr. Haroon mai aur Dr. Zubia Islamabad ke liye nikal rahay hain. Dr. Shahab parson wapis ajaenge, phr aap leave pai jaa sktay en. Chalo Zubia.
He made his way out without waiting for her reply. She followed him out. When they were out of Haroon's earshot, she called out to him.
"Mai aapke sath nai ja rahi Islamabad.
Asfi turned backed, kept looking at her silently for some time, and then spoke.
"Kiun tumhain darr lagta hai? Tumhara raaz khul jaega.

Part 8

A shadow crossed her face.
"Kk...konsa raaz?"
Dr. Haroon came out right at that moment and said.
"Maine socha aap ja rahe hain toh see off kr aun aapko. Andar bhi farag e betha tha."
She stood there quietly for some time.
"Zubia gaari mai betho."
She heard his voice and walked towards the car in a daze.
For the last five minutes, there was complete silence in the car. She was scared of whatever he'd say if he spoke. Myriads of thoughts ran through her mind regarding what could be the "raaz" he was talking about. Did he know about all that she had lied to everyone here or did he remember the Rameez incident? What exactly was he talking about? He silently observed her confused state, slightly amused. Her reaction had just confirmed his hunch that there was much more to her than met the eye, issues that needed to be resolved before she could move ahead in life on a personal front.
She looked out when he stopped the car. They were outside Asfandyar's house. He went in and came out holding her bag which was still unopened since she had come back from Peshawar. After taking the wheel again, he asked her.
"Kuch aur to nahi lena sath?"
Z: "Nahi. Kya mera wahan jana zaruri hai?"
A: "Abhi nai to teen din baad to jana he tha na. Dr. Shehroze sent your entry for the awards."
Z: "Hmmm."
A: "Khana khaya?"
Z: "Nahi."
A: "I am feeling really hungry too. Agay kahin ruktay hain. Tumhari Khalla theek en?"
Z: "Jee."
A: "Wahan se bhaag kiun ayi?"
Z: "Esi to koi baat nai hai. Unke kuch guests arahay thy. Mai comfortable nai thi is liye agyi wapis ghar."
Asfi made a silent note about her referring to his house as "ghar". That right there was a major development as far as she was concerned. He decided against pointing it out to her as there was a risk of undoing any progress that had happened, albeit unconsciously.
Every time he was about to ask her a question, she dreaded him venturing into unsafe waters. To escape the interrogation, she decided to close her eyes and pretend to be asleep.
"Good going Dr. Zubia. What a way to escape!" Asfi heaved a sigh and said to himself.

When Zubia entered the house behind Asfi, Lubna and Gaiti moved forward excitedly to greet them.
Gaiti joked in a mocking tone.
"Mama ab mujhe samaj ayi ye hamaray sath kiun nai aarai thi!"
"Nai esi toh koi baat nahi hai."
Zubia replied, visibly distressed.
"Oho mazaq kar rai un. Ek to tum paraishan foran ho jati ho!"
Asfi studied her silently for some time and then moved away without saying anything.

In the morning, when Zubia came downstairs, Faryal was surprised to see her there.
"Aap yahan? Apne ghar kiun nahi gayeen aap? Apkay parents to Karachi hotay en na?"
Z: "Unka inteqaal ogya e."
F: "Ooh! I am sorry. Koi relatives wagera?"
Gaiti, who was passing by, called out to them.
"Zubia tum yahan ho. Mai kab se wait kar rahi un tumhara! Chalo mere sath. Aur dulhan sahiba, aap ja k beth jayen andar araam se."

Faryal stood behind seeing them both walk away with Gaiti saying to Zubia.
"Tumne mujhe Shahi tukray bnanay sikhanay thay. Bhool gayi?"
She sighed, looked around and spotted Asfandyar in the garden outside talking on the phone.

"Asfi."
Asfand turned around to see Faryal standing behind him.
"Maine Mama Papa ki baat maan li hai."
"Achi baat hai."
Asfand replied with an expressionless face.
F: "Tumse bas yeh kehna tha keh mujhe maaf kr dena. Maine bohot bura kiya tumharay sath. I am sorry. Lekin uski saza bhi to mil rahi hai mujhe."

A: "I have nothing against you Faryal. Apni zindagi mai is naye mor ko saza samajhnay ke bijaye agar tum happily is rishtay ko accept karo gi to tumharay liye zyada acha rahay ga. Aur jo kuch huwa... agar tum wo sab na karti toh mai Zu...
He felt somebody's eyes on himself and looked up to see Zubia quickly moving away from the window.
"Thank you Faryal."
He smiled and walked away leaving Faryal confused.

In the evening, Zubia kept stealing glances at Asfand to gauge his reaction on Faryal's Nikkah. She was standing with Gaiti talking to her when he came to stand behind them.
"Bhabi apko mama bula rahi hain."
When Gaiti left, he whispered in her ear. A shiver ran down her spine as she realized how close they were standing.
"Kya dekh rahi thi? Mujhe farq parta hai ya nahi. Nahi parta." He started to move away turned back and added.
"Vesay kiun dekh rahi thi?"
Gaiti came back just then and Zubia heaved a sigh of relief.
"Asfi ye Saim bohat tang kar raha hai. Isko thori der ke liye bahir le jao na."
A: "G Bhabi."

The next two days passed uneventfully. They were all very busy meeting relatives they had not met for the past six years.
They were standing outside the house bidding Dr. Shehroze and Dr. Asifa adieu before they left for Neelum valley. Dr Shehroze addressed Asfand and said.
"Aap aur Dr. Zubia to yaheen hain na?"
A: "Aap nai rukne walay thay? We decided you'd stay and I'll go back.'
S: "Nahi Dr Asfandyar. Apna award ap khud receive kren. Vese bhi itni mehnat krte hain aap. Inaam to banta hai na phir."
Asfand smiled sheepishly at the dual meaning comment of his senior which the later was quite adept at making.
Medical and Dental Council was hosting an event where the Government of Pakistan was conferring awards upon medical professionals with exceptional services to the field. Both Asfi and Zubia were nominated in different categories.
"Amongst young doctors we have many heroes whose contributions to the world of medicine have been exemplary. If we talk about service to humanity one such hero is Dr Asfandyar Ali khan. Although doctors opening hospitals to cater to the needs of poor patients is not something unheard of, what holds him unique is the fact that his hospital stands where no government health facilities are available, an area where lack of infrastructural facilities makes it nearly impossible to reach. Also it is pertinent to mention that this brilliant young fellow with twenty five publications to his name left a budding career in USA to serve his own people. Truely a gem. Dr. Asfandyar Ali Khan; ladies and gentlemen!"
The hall ringed with applause as Asfandyar made his way towards the stage.

When the category she was nominated for came up, Zubia sat up straighter. She was a little disappointed when she didn't win the award. Asfi who was sitting beside her, spoke.
"No problem. They haven't realized your true potential yet. It'll take time but they'll get there."
Z: "Aap khud konsa mere kaam se khush hotay en."
A: "Agar tum esa sochti ho to galat sochti ho. I want all my staff to keep striving for better because there is always room for improvement. Ek aur baat, don't seek validation from others. Apne aap ko apne liyay behtar se behtar bnao. Jab tumhain khud par etamaad hoga toh, everybody else will follow suit."

After the dinner was served, Zubia was standing alone in a corner.
"Dr. Zubia Khaleel!"
She turned around to see a familiar face. She remembered the guy as a senior who often tried to be friendly with her at medical college. Despite Zubia always declining his friendly overtures, he had offered to drop her home once or twice. She tried but was unable to recall his name.
"Aap to esa ghayab huyeen k koi suraag b nahi chora."
Zubya just managed to pass a half-hearted smile at him. She tried not to be rude but was in no mood to talk to him. The man had always given her weird vibes.
"Ghar pe sab theek thak?"
Zubia looked around and replied in affirmative, disinterest evident in her voice.
"Shadi vaadi to nai huyi na apki?"
Z: "Excuse me."
She made a move to step away from the guy but he blocked her path.
"Acha chalen apna number to de den na. To stay in contact."
Zubia was now miffed at his audacity. Somewhere, the insecure little girl in her was resurfacing. She looked around to see if anybody was looking at them. In front of her was Rameez, who was threatening her to do his bidding or she'd have to face the music. Her throat went dry and her mind blank as she looked at him, helpless.
"Dr. Adnan Rizvi."
She heard Asfandyar's voice as he appeared behind her, placed a hand on the small of her back and addressed the man before her. As if on instinct, she kneeled into him unconsciously. Suddenly, she felt safe.
Dr. Rizvi observed them for a second and let out an involuntary "Oh!"
"Dr. Asfandyar Ali Khan. Congratulations!... I must say, bohat khush naseeb hain aap."
"Well Thank you. Allah ka karam hai. Nice to see you after so long. I am sorry but we are in a hurry. Here, my card. Keep in touch. Excuse us please."

After moving away from the doctor, Asfi told her that he wanted her to meet someone really close to him. He greeted a frail, old lady on a wheelchair and then introduced her to Zubia.
"Ye Dr. Uzma Saleem hain. My favorite professor. I owe her my whole medical career."
The lady laughed and moved her hand to make a dismissing gesture.
"Asfi my boy! Always flattering."
A: "Ma'am ye Zubia. She..."
The lady smiled widely and cut him off mid-sentence.
"Acha acha samaj gai. MashaAllah! Idhar ao beti."
She caressed her shoulder, took off her kangan and took hold of her hand to put them on her.
"Arey ye ap kya..." Zubia tried to interject.
"Chup bilkul chup." She cut her off in a commanding tone. "Allah khush rakhay tumhay. Agar koi bhi problem ho na to iski shikayet kr sakto ho tum mujhe."
"Gee." A confused Zubia replied awkwardly.

Finally they were in the car on their way back. Zubia held her wrist in her hand to remove the kangans, when he stopped her.
"Koi bazurg agar dua de aur pyar se kuch de to usay reject nai krte."
Without looking at him, she replied.
"Aap ko nai pata, wo kya samajh rai theen humaray baray mai."
He tilted his head a little, raised his eyebrows and asked.
"Kya samajh rahi theen vo, hamaray baray main?"
A blush crept on her cheeks as their eyes crossed for a second. She consciously looked away and said.
"Kuch nahi."
Asfi smiled to himself as he turned the ignition and looked at her kangan clad wrist in her lap.
Edited by Jaren93. - 6 years ago
fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow so beautiful, it was as if I am watching a drama, you are doing a great job, what a wonderful writer you are, the way you are writing this story, the flow is so natural and real. and why did you stop, loved the whole chapter. Please do continue soon. I can not wait.. πŸ‘πŸΌ

S: "Nahi Dr Asfandyar. Apna award ap khud receive kren. Vese bhi itni mehnat krte hain aap. Inaam to banta hai na phir."

Loved it, I missed Dr Sharoz in the last episode, wish they had more time for the show so that they could show Dr S teasing Asfi during their wedding and all that, they had so much potential to extend this story.. Anyway I am so glad you are fulfilling our wishes πŸ€— This is a lovely story, Thank you so much for putting so much efforts.
Edited by fanraya - 6 years ago
JarenM thumbnail

Originally posted by: fanraya

Wow so beautiful, it was as if I am watching a drama, you are doing a great job, what a wonderful writer you are, the way you are writing this story, the flow is so natural and real. and why did you stop, loved the whole chapter. Please do continue soon. I can not wait.. πŸ‘πŸΌ

Loved it, I missed Dr Sharoz in the last episode, wish they had more time for the show so that they could show Dr S teasing Asfi during their wedding and all that, they had so much potential to extend this story.. Anyway I am so glad you are fulfilling our wishes πŸ€— This is a lovely story, Thank you so much for putting so much efforts.

Thank you soo much for the encouragement. Means a lot! πŸ€— I planned to write a longer part but this is all I could come up with. Glad you like it.😳
SanFrangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Jaren! so beautiful.I love your story.. parh ke sukoon mila.
thank God their life has normal things happening and not melodrama all the time. Loved Asfi's gentle and humorous baiting of Zubi. Isnt it surprising, we all think of him as such a gentle and considerate man, despite all his misbehavior in the first part of his interaction with Zubi.

Zubiya has to be one of the most unaware heroines I have ever seen. How can she still imagine Asfi is interested in Faryal? Our bwoy has been giving her so many hints. After staring at Faryal and Asfi from her window, she must have felt jealous, forgetting that the lady in question is getting married.This girl is all about giving pain to herself over imagined things. I was just thinking of that outstanding scene in the play, where she comes back after that garden scene and sits on the bed looking forlorn but she still doesnt give vent to the jealousy and insecurity even when she is alone.

Another thing I loved, loved, loved about your Zubiya is the fact that she is keen about progressing in her career. All the doctors I know, are never satisfied with an MBBS and they are always looking out for their further education. So I felt really happy that Zubiya is not going to rest on her laurels and is keen on the award.

You have got me addicted to your story now, so dont you dare stop. I will haunt you till you write the next one.
SanFrangirl thumbnail

Asfi made a silent note about her referring to his house as "ghar". That right there was a major development as far as she was concerned. He decided against pointing it out to her as there was a risk of undoing any progress that had happened, albeit unconsciously.
Every time he was about to ask her a question, she dreaded him venturing into unsafe waters. To escape the interrogation, she decided to close her eyes and pretend to be asleep.
"Good going Dr. Zubia. What a way to escape!" Asfi heaved a sigh and said to himself.
so beautifully written!! Uff!

fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: SanFrangirl

Jaren! so beautiful.I love your story.. parh ke sukoon mila.

thank God their life has normal things happening and not melodrama all the time. Loved Asfi's gentle and humorous baiting of Zubi. Isnt it surprising, we all think of him as such a gentle and considerate man, despite all his misbehavior in the first part of his interaction with Zubi.

Zubiya has to be one of the most unaware heroines I have ever seen. How can she still imagine Asfi is interested in Faryal? Our bwoy has been giving her so many hints. After staring at Faryal and Asfi from her window, she must have felt jealous, forgetting that the lady in question is getting married.This girl is all about giving pain to herself over imagined things. I was just thinking of that outstanding scene in the play, where she comes back after that garden scene and sits on the bed looking forlorn but she still doesnt give vent to the jealousy and insecurity even when she is alone.

Another thing I loved, loved, loved about your Zubiya is the fact that she is keen about progressing in her career. All the doctors I know, are never satisfied with an MBBS and they are always looking out for their further education. So I felt really happy that Zubiya is not going to rest on her laurels and is keen on the award.

You have got me addicted to your story now, so dont you dare stop. I will haunt you till you write the next one.

@bold..You said it girl,how many times I have seen that scene, it was brilliant, It was heartbreaking to see her sitting like that, I thought at least when she is alone she will cry but she never did.. I loved how directors kept her character intact, Zubi was always so clam and composed, no matter how much she is hurting from inside but she never showed only in the last scene we say her breaking in front of Asfi. I am madly in love with our dear couple, its so funny I tried to watch so many dramas but none of them make me happy, I just keep on watching YKS episodes.

@Jaren, you are really doing an amazing job here, love how you have written the story, very real, I am in love with your story, please do update soon.. I can not wait to read the next part.
JarenM thumbnail
Thank you so much @Sanfrangirl and @Fanraya. I'm happy you guys are liking my effort.
I really like Asfi's analysis of Zubia in the novel when he says; (I don't remember the exact thing word to word but goes something like) "Tum bohat achi ho lekin tumhari do khamian hain. Ek tum bohat jazbati ho aur dusri ye keh tum cheezon ko overanalyse krti ho, worst case scenario sochti ho aur phir usee ko sach maan uspe parayshan ho jati ho."

Edited by Jaren93. - 6 years ago
octaverider thumbnail
Doctor Adnan. The professor of Asfi's. I feel like this sher:

Janne tu na janne ek gul hi na janne
Baagh tu sara janne hai

Beautiful update. I get excited seeing your updates please continue soon!