Hayaa.m thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Wow this is so good. pl post the next part as soon as possible
JarenM thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Part 3
Asfandyar hurried towards Dr. Asifa when he saw her.
"Actually Dr. Asifa, I just got a call from a village nearby. A lady doctor is required for an emergency case. We don't have time to send the ambulance and bring the patient back. So we must go with the ambulance along with the supplies."
Asifa: "I am sorry, Asfand I can't come. I am on my way to the operation theatre. They just brought in an emergency delivery. You probably should look for someone else. I think Dr. Zubia may go with you."
Asfandyar went to the reception and asked about the other two lady doctors. One was on leave and the other was busy with Dr. Sharoze which left only Zubia.
He was purposefully trying to avoid her. He couldn't understand her. He was pretty sure she was not indifferent to him. May be something was holding her back. Or maybe, he was wrong and she genuinely was not interested as she put it. After all, his luck at the matters of the heart had not been good. He couldn't blame her of betraying him. There had been no promises which she had broken. She was under no obligation to reciprocate his feelings. But she did reciprocate, his heart protested. The more he thought about it, the more he became confused. Her demeanor, her tone; everything was so unlike her the day she so out rightly rejected him. The past few days had been so busy that he hadn't gotten time to dwell over everything that had happened. His brain told him to let her be, her life her choices. His heart protested, the broken heart she had mended and then shattered so mercilessly only wanted her.

Zubia interrupted his train of thoughts as she called out to him.
"Sir you called me?"
"Dr. Zubia get ready. We are leaving for Keran right now. It's about an hour long drive. There is an emergency..."

He continued speaking while Zubia's brain got struck at "hour long". How could she stay aloof and distant in a cramped up space of his car. The man had this knack of seeing through her. It was one thing to barge in his office, give a thoroughly rehearsed speech and move out while sitting with him alone for an hour was no mean feat.
"Dr. Zubia we are getting late. Can you please hurry up?"
Asfand spoke coldly while she made no move to accompany him.
"Dr. Asfandyar, actually I... umm Dr. Sharoze asked me to..."
Asfand looked at her agitated.
"I have already talked to him. Hurry up, time is running out."
With that he walked out towards the parking lot. She had no choice but to follow him. When she reached there, she saw Rustom taking out the ambulance. She turned to him and spoke meekly.
"I'll make sure everything is in order in the ambulance."
Asfand passed her a knowing look and replied.
"For God's sake, Dr. Zubia, don't act so foolishly. We'd be able to reach faster by the jeep. You can do better than this. A good doctor must never let his or her personal life cloud the professional one. Now please get in."
The first few minutes passed quietly but then the silence started to get to her. Normally, he used to make small talk and it didn't get so awkward. Nothing was the same anymore. She only had herself to blame. She waited for some time for him to say something. When she couldn't take it anymore, she spoke, taking care not to tread into unsafe waters.
"Can you please brief me about the case?"
Asfandyar looked at her for a moment and started telling her about the patient. When he was done, he went into his no talking mode again.
"How far is it?
She tried again.
"20 more minutes max.

They were on their way back when a car coming from the opposite side blocked their way. As the road was narrow, Asfandyar started to reverse to reach a wider patch on the road. When they finally did, he stopped the jeep to let the car pass. Instead of passing the car also stopped. She didn't know why but a sinking feeling nagged her. Two men stepped out and made a gesture at Asfandyar to come out. When he unbuckled his seatbelt Zubia spoke.
"Please don't go. I don't have a good feeling about this."
In reply he gave her a fleeting look and said.
"Do your feelings have anything to do with me?"
A little flustered she replied,
"Why are they asking you to get out. If they need to talk they can do so right here."
A: "I don't think there is anything to get worried about. They probably just need help.
Her sixth sense was warning her of impending doom. Going by her gut feeling, she called the police as soon as he got out of the car. The policeman assured her that a police mobile was nearby he'd call to check up on them.
The men seemed to be arguing about something. She got out of the jeep when she saw them trying to force Asfandyar towards their car.
Suddenly one of them shouted, "Police! She saw Bahadur get out of the car and aim his gun at Asfandyar.
She let out a cry and ran.
A gunshot resounded, intense pain and then all went black.
Edited by Jaren93. - 6 years ago
fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
OMG this is amazing, why did you stop? Please do continue soon, this is so beautiful..👏
Hayaa.m thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Nooo Jaren ..why u stopped at such moment. Not fair 😭
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Please continue! So well written.
Not sure how I missed this gem earlier!
Ruhishra thumbnail
plzzz plzzz plzzz continue... nd also write more stories on asfi and zobi plzzz 😃
SS88 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Jaren, we NEED a part 4 ASAP. I can't sleep unless you post it. It's Zubiya who was shot, right?
JarenM thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Part 4

The two men who were pulling him earlier hurriedly left and made a run towards their car. Asfandyar felt the world go dark around him as Zubia fell into his arms. Somebody pulled both of them behind the police mobile. Asfand carefully laid her on the ground to examine her wound while gunshots continued to be fired. He tore her dupatta and tied it tightly around her arm to limit the amount of bleeding. Then he picked her up to take her to the jeep. The policeman who had pulled them behind the mobile spoke.
"I don't think you should drive in this state. Also if there are any more of those men, they may attack you again. Come I will take you to the hospital."
He got into the back of the mobile, with Zubiya in his arms while the policeman took hold of the driving seat. Asfand saw Bahadur's dead body lying on the road along with another man while the rest of them had fled.
He looked at unconscious Zubia in his lap. With tears in his eyes he went on repeating.
"Zubi please stay with me. Everything will be fine."
Asfandyar fished his pockets to look for his cell in order to call the hospital to alert them. He had forgotten his cell in the jeep.
Dr. Sharoze was coming out of the hospital when he saw a distraught Asfandyar carrying Zubia hurriedly moving towards the hospital entrance. He immediately alerted the emergency staff and rushed to Asfandyar.

Lubna sat down next to Usman and said.
"Dekhen na Usman mai kab se Asfi ko call kr rahi hoon wo mera phone nai utha raha. Ap try karen."
Usman smiled a little and replied.
"Agar tumhara phone nai utha raha to mera kia kisi special connection ki through lagay ga? Koi emergency hogi. Farig ho k kr le ga call. Fikr nai karo."
L: "Kesay fikr nai krun. Wo yahan se door kisi gaon mai gya huwa hai. Zubia sath hai uskay. Vo ghair zimaidar nai hai. Maine to Zubia ko bhi kai baar call ki hai. Uska number bhi no reply hai. Mera dil boht ghabra raha hai."

One of the servants came running and said.
"Vo gaon walay bol rahay hain Bahadur ne Dr Saab pe hamla kr diya. Vo to police pohanch gayi moqay pe. Unko haspataal vohi poncha ke gaye en. Ek goli lagi e doctor saab ko."
L: "Driver ko bolo gaari nikalay. Hm abhi hospital jaenge."

As soon as she reached the hospital, Lubna rushed to the reception and asked.
"Asfi kahan hai? Dr. Asfandyar."
"Ma'am he is in the operation theatre with Dr. Zubia. Dr. Sheroze is also there."
The nurse replied.

Right then Lubna saw Gaiti, visibly shaken with tears in her eyes. She moved forward and hugged her.
"Ye kya ho gya Gaiti!"
Gaiti: "Mama dua kren bas. Dr. Sharoze said sb theek ojae ga. Goli baazu mai lagi e. Umeed hai sab theek ojae ga."

Lubna: "Gaiti ab mujh main himmat nai e ke main apne dusre betay ko bhi... Mai kya karun gi zinda reh k agar usko kuch ho gya to."
Gaiti: "Asfi ko kuch nai uwa mama. Goli to Zubia ko lagi hai. Wo log Asfi ko marne aye thay. Wo larki jiska kuch din pehle uske shauhar ne murder kr diya tha, asfi ne uski fir krwai thi na. Jab vo admi goli chala raha tha to Zubia agay agayi Asfi ko bachanay k liye to usko... Mama... dua kren k sab theek ojae. Usko kuch na ho."
Right then the O.T door opened and Asfand walked out. Lubna stood up seeing him. She hurried to him to envelop him in a hug. Asfi seemed so broken, all energy drained out of him. Dr. Sharoze followed Asfand out of the O.T and said.
"Alhumdulilah she is out of danger now. The bullet has been removed. We will monitor her in ICU for the next 24 hours and then we will decide how to proceed. Asfand, can you contact her relatives in Peshawar to let them know of her condition?"
Asfandyar: "Yes sir."
Asfand returned to his cabin to look for her file. He sat there and thought about everything that had happened since she had come into his cabin a few days ago and killed any hopes he had for their future together. Now that the worst has passed, he now pondered and mulled over her cold behavior towards him.
"Attraction develop ho jati e, infatuation ho jati e. Iska matlab ye to nahi ke hum shadi kar len."
At that time he had felt, she was mocking his feelings towards her. How foolish of him it was to even think of something of that sort. Now that he thought about it, she was not out rightly denying feeling anything for him. She was clearly trying to mask her own feelings and pushing him away.
Why would she do that to herself... to them? Being ready to die to save someone just could not stem from mere attraction or infatuation. It's something that could only be done for a loved one. A realization just dawned on Asfandyar Ali Khan. Zubia Khalil was also in love with him as much as he was in love with her... may be even more.
Edited by Jaren93. - 6 years ago
fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow, So intense and emotional, absolutely beautiful. Loved it so much.❤️. You are an amazing writer.. Great job..👏
happypeace thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I hope zubia recovers soon. Maybe when Asfi cotacts her familty he will get to know more about her past and understand why Zubiya acted the way she did.
Eagerly waiting for the next part :D