Former host Arshad Warsi calls Salman Khan's show "down market

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago

Bigg Boss 11: Former host Arshad Warsi calls Salman Khan's show "down market

Arshad, who introduced the entire nation to Bigg Boss feels that the show has become tacky

By BollywoodLife | Published: October 16, 2017 8:41 pm

Bigg Boss, which is an Indian adaptation of Big Brother is currently in its eleventh season, which went on air from October 11. The first episode of the first season of Bigg Boss was telecast almost 11 years back on November 3, 2006. Arshad Warsi was the host at that time. But the same Arshad, who introduced Bigg Boss to the entire nation has now called the show "down market. The actor, who is currently promoting his upcoming film, Golmaal Again was asked his opinion on the current season of the show during an interview with Mid Day. And he started off by saying, "The [Bigg Boss] show is down market.

In fact, he blamed the viewers, who like to watch "crass as he added, "People on the show, I hear, are tacky. I haven't seen this season, but I've heard about it. The channel is attempting to boost the ratings by showcasing the things that sell. And thus, morality is taking a backseat. People enjoy watching crass, and the channel is merely serving it. The content showcased on Indian television is regressive. The day people change, their taste [in content], the narrative of the shows will also change. If the world wants to see sensible people in the house, the channel will oblige. The audience wants to see dramatic people, those who fight, hit and abuse.

Arshad also reveals that the show was not brought to India to draw attention. According to him, "The concept back then was to understand the psyche of people and notice the developments that occur when they are made to reside in a house, isolated from the world. While Big Brother shows violence and nudity without any hesitation, Arshad says that when it came to the Indian version, "There was no nudity or violence demanded in the clause.

The actor feels that the concept has changed and now the channel is hungry for TRPs. "When you meet new individuals, you can be cordial for a week. Then, you discover their traits. When good behaviour wears out, the dynamics change. It takes time for people to reach that stage. But, now the channel wants immediate TRP success, so they are consciously sending nutcases into the house, he was quoted.

Do you agree with Arshad's point of view? Let us know in the comments below and keep watching this space for all the latest updates on Bigg Boss 11.

Edited by _IHeartFriendz_ - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Tris007 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
Oh wow. Show toh psychological nikla 😲 BB ruined it, but what's up with conducting experiments on Television? Uh.
Anyway, I don't think the audience wants to see galibaazi and violence only. I like voot videos more than the episodes most of the times. Those videos are hilarious and fun to watch.
bluffmaster84 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Bang on.. very well said arshad...channel is hungry for trps...
-Neeva1906- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Agree with him completely.They bring people like Zubair,Jagga,Om for fights and trps only.
TheBoss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
He called BiggBoss a show as down market - he didn't call Salman's show as down market. Besides I agree to what he's trying to say in principle. Abusing mothers, commenting about dead mothers, throwing urine, calling each other transgenders, homosexuals, referring to foreigners are pigs, dogs, boasting about sexual assaults ab yeh sab down market nahi to kya hai.
shilpa_akki thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
He said all the right words for this show...trp is the main reason for violence n abuses...n yes morality has taken back seat...n these personal controversy, fake romance, abusive languages, all the names nonsense things became the driving force for channel.. ...
That's why I don't love Hiten but respect him...respect his no nonsense and straight forward behaviour...
-Neeva1906- thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Trissy

Oh wow. Show toh psychological nikla 😲 BB ruined it, but what's up with conducting experiments on Television? Uh.

Anyway, I don't think the audience wants to see galibaazi and violence only. I like voot videos more than the episodes most of the times. Those videos are hilarious and fun to watch.

Me too.
Apart from Shilpa and Vikas,I have started watching other videos specially Sabya's.He is funny and talented.They never include his acts in episode.How will people get to know him?BB only interested in fights,drama and trps.
Meera.Com thumbnail
I agree wid arshad. Bb was best wid arshad, shilpa n amitabh n aftr dat it was ok ok types. But since last 5-6 seasons shw is going in garbage. Partiality is at peak were sum r grilled 4 wrong acts n sum r let scotfree even if dey r more wrong dan d 1 who got grilled by host. Den most of d important contents n scenes r edited from tv n dey shw only one perspective. Juz 4 d sake of trp dey hve strtd calling cheap contestants who start fight from day 2 n nowadays fake romantic angle is highlighted 2 remain in shw as well as 2 get few trp. D 1st 3 season were d only 1 which i thoroughly enjoyed n cud watch wid my parents. Playing mind game is taking backseat n ppl r getting personal wid each oders marriage, gf bf, sexuality, parents n deir upbringing, wrong use of feminism, playing victim card, taking things personal n not taking few things sportingly. N same kind of tasks r given wid few modificatun like raja rani task was common in last season n dis season wid few modificatun.