Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

masooma98 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
You beautifully conveyed their emotions, and the light romance feels so fresh :)
Keep writing!
SanFrangirl thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Awww. This was such an endearing read!! Loved how you took Asfi's viewpoint. Loved how you explained the inept attempts to flirt. Our delectable doctor's efforts to flirt or even make light conversation always fail. Enjoyed your depiction of him kicking himself over his goofy mistakes.
I love this Zubiya you describe. I like how she is decorous but honest about her feelings. She is almost as direct as Asfi is.
I must compliment you on the flow in your story. Everything kept building up. And in some way you completely humanized the romance, because of your insights in to his goofiness, and false starts, giving space and their acceptance of how they both feel with no words actually said.

Bravo girl! Amazing re-telling. Pl keep them coming
Edited by SanFrangirl - 6 years ago
fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow, this is absolutely beautiful, read all chapters 3,4,5 together, the way you conveyed Asfi's pov is so lovely, the whole flow of your story is just so perfect, the way you are building up their romance.. Wow, I have no words to describe.. Please do continue soon.. I can not wait to read the next part.
PNA88 thumbnail

CHAPTER 6

Few days went by and we both, Zobia and me, got into a routine of seeing each other in the hallways, giving each other a smile or so, every now and then our hands touched and she smiled, unlike other times when she used to jerk her hand away, these past few days she relaxed around me, she started sharing her day routine & doings with me, one day she came wearing something in bright pink, she looked radiantly beautiful.

I saw her that morning but I didn't say anything, I was a little preoccupied with the hospital funding issues, so I just gave her a dry smile and left from there. She was on her morning rounds when we bumped into each other again, she was about to say something to me but just then a very important investor called, I gestured her to stop with my hands and walked away.

It dawned on me later how she would have felt, but moving on, the day went by, by evening when I went to the doctor's lounge she was sitting there with Dr. Haroon, smiling & laughing, a laugh I had become addicted to by now, I felt bad about how I treated her in the morning so I went and sat down with them, the second she saw me, her mood sobered up.

Asfand 'chai time enjoy kiya ja raha hain?'

Dr. Haroon 'sir apne Dr.Zobia ke haath ki chai pe hain, excellent, just excellent. Ab toh hum sab apna break time inke break time ke saath coordinate karte hain, taki hum inke haath ki chai pe sake. She is excellent in everything she does & learns fast too.'

Asfand 'Yeh baat toh sahi hain' I said, realizing indeed she is a fast learner, the things I used to crib about her earlier and used to shout at her, she has excelled in every one of those things & much more. She has indeed evolved a lot. I kept thinking all this while looking at her, she had not looked at me even once since I sat down. I moved on to add 'Dr.Zobia agar apke paas time hain toh I would not mind a cup'. She looked up and at me, Dr. Haroon had already gotten up and gone to keep his cup by now. Looking back at Zobia I mouthed the words without sound 'PLEASE, SORRY'.

She looked at me without any expressions, got up, made a cup of tea, Dr. Haroon started talking to me about his day and the patients, I was trying to listen to him but all I kept doing was looking at Zobia. She was moving about the counter with some anger I could feel it.

She walks towards us, keeps the cup down and announces 'Dr.Haroon meri duty khatam ho gayi hain, I am leaving' without looking at me this whole time, then she picks up her purse and walks out of the room.

Before I could say anything Dr. Haroon also bid his farewell and went out for his duty, I was again left alone there, I kept thinking if I should go after her or not. Obviously, you SHOULD ASFAND. I left my tea there and ran, almost. Saw her in the parking lot, 'ZOBIYA, SUNNO.' She did not halt or turn, kept on walking.

I finally caught up with her, she did not slow down atall.

Asfand 'Enough na, I said I am SORRY!!'. With that I almost screamed, held her hand and made her look towards me. She was ANGRY, way too much for my liking.

Zobia 'mera haath chude'.

Asfand 'toh meri baat sunno, kab se awaaz de raha hoon, please I said I am sorry. Ghar pe thodi tension thi, Faryal is also making it difficult for all of us and then hospital ke bare mein bhi I am a little tensed, sorry'.

Zobia 'aap yeh saab mujhe kyun batta rahe hain? Mein late hoon rahi hoon, kal milte hain Dr. ASFANYAR, Goodnight'.

With that she left, almost ran towards her hostel without looking back, left me standing there in agony & anger. I knew I should have been careful, especially when she was just opening up to me, slowly but steadily. What the hell, I SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAREFUL. I have to check myself and my attitude from now on, I keep hurting the people close to me everytime. I will speak to her tomm.

The night was very restless on my part and all I could think of was how to make this situation better. I knew her but I did not know her wellenough for me to take certain liberties with her, I did not know what she liked, I had no idea and I could not even ask anybody. Asfanyar you have gotten yourself in a pickle, may god help you.

The next day I left for the hospital a bit early, thinking I could catch her alone and try to talk to her, I reached the hospital, get to know she has called in for a night shift today, she would not be coming in the moring. That pissed me off to no end. What the hell Zobia! I tried her number the whole day today, it kept ringing and then later was switched off. I was worried & concerned now.

I left work early, on the way I saw her coming from a small village on the side, she was about to turn back and leave when I pulled up next to her. She looked pretty like she always does but a little exhausted also.

Asfand 'hello'

Zobia 'hello'

Asfand 'Kaha se aa rahi hoon, aaj toh apke morning shift thi na, I got to know later you changed it, everything ok?' I said all this trying my best to sound very calm & cool.

Zobia 'haan everything is fine, kuch kaam tha, I am sorry agar mere duty change karne se koi problem hoyi hospital mein. I am going back after lunch'.

Asfand 'hostel hi jaa rahi hongi, come I will drop you'.

Zobia 'Nahi iski koi zaroorat nahi hain, mein chali jaongi, thank you'. She left after saying this.

She is stubborn but so am I. I parked the car in front, got off and shouted ZOBIYA...rukko'.

She stopped but did not look towards me, I had to walk towards her.

Asfand 'kya hoya hain tumhe?'

Zobiya 'Kuch nahi'

Asfand 'acha kuch nahi, agar kuch nahi hoya hain toh tum aise behave nahi karti. Kuch toh hain, kya hoya hain?'

Zobia 'mein apko jawab dene ki paband nahi hoon' she said with a straight face.

Asfand 'oh really, just because of a little misstep of mine tum aise behave karogi!' I stared at her thinking she will retaliate but she didn't. 'dekho meri taraf'.

Zobia 'aap kyu samajhte hain ki aapki koi baat se mein naraz hoon, kyuki aap toh jab chahain apna mood change kar sakte hain, hain na? Aap toh god hain, jab chahaa importance de di, jab chahaa ignore kar diya, jab chahaa kiss kar diya or jab chahaa apni ex fiance ka naam le liya mere samne, as if it's all my fault, aap chahte kya hain mujhse?!'

Asfand 'ok toh Faryal ki wajah se?'

Zobia 'UFFF please let me go, mujhe kuch nahi pata, just let me go' with that she turned and was about to leave when I held her hand tightly.

Asfand 'humari baat khatam nahi hoyi hain, agar tum mujhe ek chance de sakti hoon toh please come I will drop you to the hostel'.

She was looking at me with confusion, not because she did not understand what I had asked but most likely because she did not know where her heart was taking her. 'Haath chudege mera?' she said.

I let go off her hand, she was walking in front, we reached the car, before me opening the door for her she opened it but my hand landed on top of hers, we both paused, her breathing increased and she snatched her hand away, Zobia Khalil might be a lot of things but a good liar she is not, she loves me and unfortunately for her & her anger, her body & eyes let me know that everytime. I smiled and sat in the car.

We were on our way when I started 'Zobia I am sorry first for not paying attention and second for not being able to share my worries with you. I thought I could manage on my own but I could not. I am sorry I should have mentioned about what was troubling me with the hospital and Faryal and the situation at home. Again,I am sorry, this will not happen ever again.'

I said all this but she did not utter a single word. She just kept looking in front. 'Zobia kuch toh bolo' I said and reached out for her hand. She let me hold it. This time

Zobia 'mein theek hoon, agar apki koi pareshani hain toh please tell me, don't treat like you did that day, I have had enough in my life Asfand, I cannot take any more, i...'. With that she was almost about to cry.

Asfand 'never again, I am sorry I really am. Also thank you'.

Zobia 'for what, listening to you?' she looked at me confused.

Asfand 'no, for taking my name with full authority for the first time'.

She suddenly became aware of what she had said earlier and started blushing like a new bride, I couldn't help myself and laughed, a hearty laugh which I had not had for years now. I held her hand tightly the whole time, after a while she laughed too. I was driving this whole time, I asked.

Asfand 'kya hoya why are you laughing?'

Zobia 'kuch nahi kabhi aapko itna haste hoye nahi dekha na, isliye'.

Asfand 'Zobia Khalil yeh sab aap ki wajah se hain, I am a changed man, second time in my life I have felt a shift in my being, first when daniyal bhai had passed away and now because of you I am turning into a much happier & content person. Thank you for coming in my life'. She stiffened at that mention and looked away, I felt there was still something she is holding back. I let it go, for now this was enough.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Edited by PNA88 - 6 years ago
fanraya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow, so beautiful loved it..
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Amazing update.u fulfilled our wish when i miss vo n asfi feelings Really the way u write.and then quick updates really applaud u for that.👍🏼
masooma98 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Woww!!
This was a delightfully long and beautiful update! Love the way you're building up their emotions. Thankss so much for writing this :)
PNA88 thumbnail

CHAPTER 7

I dropped her off and reached home. Thank god I was able to contain this situation I kept thinking to myself, she will be coming for Sayim's birthday for sure I have to invite her.

That night and the next day we all were busy with preparing for the birthday party, the invites had gone out but personal invitations were left. I asked Gaiti Bhabhi if her friend was coming.

Asfand 'aapki friend nahi aa rahi'?

Gaiti Bhahi 'nahi who aarahi hain, I called her in the afternoon, kyu usne kaha kuch'?

Asfand 'mujhse kaha baat karti hain, I don't know' having said that I walked away smiling.

So Zobia was coming which was the best news in these past 2 days, I smiled and waited for tomm. Even though we both knew where our hearts lie, we both had moments of weakness, we both had not openly said a lot of things which made things diff for me personally as I did not know how and till what extend I could be liberal with her?! I had to ask her 'out' officially tomm.

The next day the house was buzzing with preparations, we all got to know that Faryal was leaving which was bittersweet as Baba & Maama had forgiven her along with all of us but for her to leave like that on Sayim's birthday was sad. I alone knew why she had come & why she was leaving but she could have let her pain go for some time and stay a bit longer for the FAMILY and for Sayim, if nothing else. But Faryal always had her own justifications, better left alone. That afternoon while helping the kids & Bhabhi ready the place up we all got busy. Suddenly somebody walks upto to me looking like a ravishing vision in PINK, none other than Dr. Zobia. I had a balloon in my mouth which I was trying to inflate. I coughed and she said Hello'.

Asfand 'Hello, aap yaha'?

Zobia 'Haan, Kaha hain Gaiti, baki sab kaha hain'?

Asfand 'Aap thoda jaldi nahi aagyi hain, party toh evening mein shuru hogi'? I said in my most cocky way, baiting her on.

Zobia kept looking at me with a cute lost face and confused look. I was looking at her and smiling when Bhabhi came from behind, and mentioned.

Gaiti Bhabhi 'yeh kudh nahi aayi hain inko maine invite kiya hain'.

Asfand 'acha toh agar mein invite karta toh aap nahi aati'? I said and saw Zobia blush like always, she had the most beautiful eyes in the world, those big eyes were staring at me now, as if telling me silently to STOP with the flirting! Aww my poor Zobia, you had no idea what I had in store for you today.

With that Gaiti Bhabhi took her inside and she left without saying another word, I turned around and saw her slowly becoming an integral part of my being and my family. I LOVED that sight and would do anything in the world to keep it that way.

The whole time during the party I saw Zobia floating from one direction to another, helping everybody, being chatty and just owning up the fact that she belonged here with US. I kept looking at her the whole time, Dr. Shehroze caught me also once staring at her, all I could do in that situation was own upto to it and just smile at Sir, he knew me well after so many years together, he saw my love for her even before I did!

I saw her leave with some gifts to keep inside, luckily, they all were kept in my room, being the closest to the main event (good one Asfand, I though & smiled). I reached my room and saw her keeping everything in an organized manner on the bed, my guitar was kept next to it, I saw her going towards it and touching it, I felt as though she knew I used to play. She stood there for some time and then moved ahead to our FAMILY PHOTO from years back when Daniyal Bhai was alive, again she paused and sighed. I was standing at the door the whole time looking at her, mesmerized & touched by her love for my family.

Her dupatta was caught on my Guitar stand, she obviously had no idea, it would fall on her leg if she moved, I walked in and picked it off was about to leave it down when she turned around, we both were facing each other. She was caught off guard and she stepped back with unstable feet, was about to fall when I pulled her straight up against my chest with my arms around her waist. Her hands rested on my chest, her eyes open wide in shock at this event & our closeness. I smiled.

Asfand 'aap mere room mein kya kar rahi hain'?

Zobia 'woh mein...wohh...gifts...mein...'

Asfand 'Dr.Zobia aap bolna bhool gayi hain kya'? I moved my face a bit closer, could almost feel her breath on my face, all the while holding her tight, next to me, my left hand still holding her by her waist, the other holding her dupatta, which was very pleasing truth be told, I had imagined holding her like this number of times.

Zobia 'nahi' she said adamantly like a child and I smiled. 'gaiti ne gifts rakne ke liye bheja tha I was just keeping them, I didn't know this was your room, sorry, I am leaving'. With that she tried to wiggle out of my reach but I held her tight again, she glared at me thinking that would scare me off but we had come a long way by now, I knew for a fact her resistance was more of a formality than speaking her for heart. I let her waist go but started walking towards her, she was stepping back, still looking me in the eye.

Asfand 'toh agar mein aapko bulata toh aap nahi aati'?

Zobia 'jee'?

Asfand 'jee! I asked you a question'?

Zobia 'mein...woh...' she tried her best to come up with an answer, her breathing had increased, she started looking down, I smiled and looked on, her lashes her eyes, everything about her was beautiful.

Asfand 'kya hoya aap phir bolna bhool gayi'? I said with a grin on my face, I could see her blush red like a tomato, she was still looking down, I raised my hand and touched her cheeks, a moan escaped her mouth & she looked up, both of us could feel our hearts race, I could see the same desires & love in her eyes like in mine. She kept mumbling something on the lines of her justifying her actions but I kept looking into her eyes.

Asfand 'you smell nice'. I leaned in a bit and said. Our lips just inches apart. She smiled and looked down again, I could feel her cheeks warming up under my touch. We both were in a trance when we heard Gaiti Bhabhi call Zobia from outside, Zobia pushed me off & ran, stopped by the door, turned around, smiled and left. I was left standing there smiling like a geeky moron!

I picked up my Guitar that Zobia had touched minutes ago and suddenly felt the urge to sing. I adjusted the strings, got my fav pick, which Daniyal bhai had gifted me with this guitar years ago and went outside. Gaiti Bhabhi was shocked to see me with my guitar, her eyes almost moist with unshed tears.

Gaiti Bhabhi 'everybody we have a surprise performer for today, presenting to you, after a very long time Dr.Asfanyar, who is going to sing us a song today.' She said all this while looking at me and smiling. Both of us remembering Daniyal bhai, I walked up and hugged her. I wish nothing but the world for her. Baba & Maama also joined in and we had a family hug, I looked at Zobia who was standing behind Gaiti Bhabhi, she was almost crying aswell, I silently mouthed the words 'THANK YOU' will explain to her later why.

With that I sang my first song that I had written a long time back, surprisingly for Daniyal Bhai's birthday, today felt like a nice day for Sayim's birthday to sing it to/for him. He seemed happy and was dancing with his friends, Maama, Baba, Bhabhi & Zobia were sitting around, I looked at Zobia and she has the most serene smile on her face. After the song everybody clapped, complimented me on my singing, my eyes were only searching one person. I went up to Maama & Baba and hugged them, told them I loved them. Bhabhi was hugging Sayim when I went and gave them both a hug too.

Zobia was busy putting out the food for everybody and the cake too, Sayim very excitedly cut the cake, me and zobia locked eyes the whole time, smiling. She was blushing everytime I looked at her. The party went on smoothly, I tried sneaking up on zobia every now and then but she just ran away, when everything was closing up, Maama asked Zobia to go with the driver if she is ok, I offered to drop her Maama mein drop kar deta hoon, I am going to the hospital to check anyway' I smirked at zobia and she looked away. Outside.

Asfand 'hum walk kar le'?

Zobia 'Karle te hain'. We walked a bit in silenece, then I asked.

Asfand 'aaj sabse zyada khushi mujhko tumare aane se hoyii thi'.

Zobia looked at me and blushed.

Asfand 'Samajh nahi aa raha ke tum bolo ya aap bolo'?

Zobia 'abhi tak'? she said with a knowing cocky smile & added 'aap kuch bhi bol sakte hain' with that she looked in front. I proceeded.

Asfand 'mein khush rehna aur hasna bhool gaya tha'.

Zobia 'maine bhi yaha aake khush rehna seekha'.

I looked at her, she was coming from a deep and dense place, I wanted to ask more into it but I stopped. I tried to change the topic as today I wanted to tell her for sure what she meant to me and what I wanted this relationship to be.

Asfand 'jaise tum Faryal ko dekh kar jealous ho gayi thi na, mein Dr. Haroon ko dekh kar thoda...' From behind me I heard her laughing, laughing like I have never heard her laugh before! Carefree and uninhibited. She looked stunning. 'kya hoya, kya bola hain maine' this whole time she was laughing.

Zobia 'Dr.Haroon? Seriously!! Mein Dr. Haroon aur Gaiti ke barre mein soch rahi hoon aur aap...' She continued laughing.

Asfand 'ok..ab buss na whats so funny' I asked.

Zobia 'hum kahi aaram se beeth ke baat kar sakte hain'?

We reached the riverside on the way to the hospital, and decided that was a good spot to sit down. We both proceeded to chat away, she told me her idea of Gaiti Bhabhi & Dr. Haroon.

Zobia 'mein soochti hoon ke dono ne kaffi mushkilo ka samna kiya hain apne life mein, I think who dono ek dusre kea chi life partners ban sakte hain. App ka kya khyal hain'?

I did not say anything as I was engrossed in the thought of Daniyal Bhai but also was thinking about how unfair Gaiti Bhabhi was being to herself and her life. She had every right to move on and live a fulfilled life.

Zobia 'aap ko meri baat buri toh nahi lagi hain? I am sorry if I overstepped'.

Asfand 'Hum sab chahte hain ki Bhabhi apni life mein aage bade, she should live her life. Pehle jitni baar unke shaadi ka zikhar hoya tha she always said no, she has sayim for her, she says. But we all know that's not enough she should move on with her life'.

Zobia 'aapko Dr. Haroon kaise lagte hain'?

Asfand 'acha insaan hain, mukhlis, agar aisa ho jaye toh isse jyaada hamare liye koi aur khushi ki baat nahi hogi'. I said, Zobia was looking ahead at the river, I couldn't help but admire her honesty & her kind heart. I said tum soch toh rahi ho but I don't know ki tum Bhabhi ko kaise convince karogi'? Woh hain bahut naraamdil but is mamle mein she is very strict'. I said.

Zobia 'who sab aap mujh pe chood de, mein gaiti se baat karongi but use pehle mujhe Dr. Haroon se baat karni hogi, aap theek hain na if I talk to him'? I smiled at her and nodded.

We both became silent for a few sec's before I said 'aisa lagta hain ki agar tum saath hogi to meri aur meri family ki saari uljhane sulajh jayengi' with that I turned to face her. She was looking at me with an expression I had not seen before, I was not able to read her for the first time. She then looked ahead and said 'chale?'

I was stumped, I didn't know what else to say to her or how to get an answer from her without rushing her. I just nodded 'yeah sure', we both got up and started walking towards the hostel.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Edited by PNA88 - 6 years ago
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
☺️naughty asfi
loved it
ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
That was wonderful. You added bits that were missing from the episode. Excellent update. Love it.