Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PNA88 thumbnail
Anniversary 6 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago

CHAPTER 3

That night was uneventful & awkward, as I reached home and saw Faryal sitting with Maama Baba & bhabhi, I did try to sit along and join the conversation but it was too weird, I had to leave. Wished everybody goodnight and told Faryal I will see her tomm.

Alone in my room I had some time to think to myself and that's when it hit me, I am not upset anymore! I am indifferent when it comes to Faryal and what happened between us. I always knew I had moved on but the intensity of it had dawned on me that night. I felt light, I felt as if some invisible weight had been lifted from my head. I felt NEW.

With a smile on my face I was ready for bed, today was not as heavy as I had imagined, that's the beauty of being your own person, letting go and moving on in life, I thought.

Put my phone on charge, was about to turn away when all of a sudden I had the urge to see Zobia's text msg, which Gaiti Bhabhi told me later was sent to me by mistake, it was a beautiful mistake now in my opinion, few simple words but it changed the way I started seeing her. I did not like it initially and was shocked at her audacity for sending me that text until I got to know the truth. But still it's as if OUR destinies were aligning themselves for us.

'LOVE YOU DARLING' was all it said, it left me stumped & speechless initially but now from time to time I look back at it and smile. One day way in the future I will tell her how I felt and see her blush, which Dr. Zobia does very easily. But at that time, it would be only for ME and BECAUSE of ME.

I do not how every day starts and night ends with thoughts of Zobia, I am consumed by this lil beautiful girl and I seriously cannot wait to tell her that. I hope that day comes soon.

Next morning, I woke up went for run, saw Faryal we exchanged a few words, by now I knew where this was headed, I know and had known her well all my life, so it was not a surprise what she wanted and why she was here, it's something I did not like one bit because her leaving me OK but her coming back and expecting me to ACCEPT her back is what pissed me off! Who does she think she is, if she says she has changed she would not have brought it up also. But Faryal is a person, a situation I do not like to think about anymore. My thoughts are only for one for person right now, whom I very much would like to get to know better and be there for - Dr. Zobia.

Me and Gaiti Bhabhi left for work, I saw Zobia in the hall ways, we greeted each other, attended to patients on our rounds all the time I tried making small talk with her but she was still closed off, our hands touched every now and then and we both sensed' IT but it never went further than that, no matter how much I wanted to just grab hold of her hand, THINGS HAD TO GO SLOW.

Faryal and Gaiti Bhabhi were sitting in my cabin after Faryal's grand tour of our hospital, I could not care less, it was cutting in my time at work and with Zobia, wish I could express and say the same in so many words. It's as if my prayers were heard, Zobia came knocking at my cabin door and said somethings about the patient of Bed No. 9 and all I could do was listen to her and see her UNCOMFORTABLNESS at the situation in front of us, I KNEW WHY but I was pleasantly surprised too. It's as if she wanted the same things like me but was held back by some invisible force. I said Thank you', she left and my heart sank a lil bit.

That evening I was on my last round when I met her again, asked her how she has been.

Asfand 'aap theek hain, koi pareshani toh nahi hain'

Zobia 'nahi sir, everything is ok'

Asfand 'agar aap ko koi problem hain to mere saath share kar sakti hain, mein Hitler & Chengaz Khan zaroor hoon but saath saath ek Doctor bhi hoon' I said with a smile hoping to make her smile a lil bit.

Zobia 'nahi sir aise koi baat nahi hain, aur aap kya baat kar rahe hain I have no idea' she said with a smile and left. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED, she smiled!

She was about to leave the hospital when I met her at the parking lot again, so much ZOBIA in one day I was HAPPY! I saw she had removed her bandage and was looking a bit sad which concerned me a little.

Asfand apke haath ki chot kaisi hain'

Zobia 'Buss theek hain'

Asfand 'nahi abhi theek nahi hoyi hain, please bandage laga le' I said while looking into her eyes, I know she was tensed but I did not know why and wanted to know, I could've delve a lil further if I did not have a meeting in the hospital.

Zobia 'theek hain' she gave me a weak defeated smile and left.

That evening on our way back Gaiti Bhabhi mentioned something about talking to Zobia about Faryal, our history, that's when it hit me, THAT'S WHY she was upset. She is bound to be as she does not know the whole story and also where my heart lies NOW. She had to have some idea atleast, my changed behavior towards her, my constant trying to flirt' attitude towards her, she had to know, or she does know but does not want to accept new reality.

Dr. Zobia you will be the death of my SANITY!!

TO BE CONTINUED..

Edited by PNA88 - 6 years ago
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is such a guilty pleasure and so delightful. Please keep this coming!
So lovely to have a window into Asfi's thoughts during all those beautiful scenes we all love to watch again and again...
--HiNa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
It's beautiful
Loved it
Please keep this coming
.Anya. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
All from Asfi perspective👏 good one👏
PNA88 thumbnail

CHAPTER 4

I was not looking forward to the weekend this time as I knew I would not be seeing one particularly beautiful face for 2 days, I was always an workaholic but seeing Dr. Zobia was also becoming a part of my daily routine. I knew she was on duty for one more day and then she had an off, I so wished Gaiti Bhabhi would call her friend over for some chai. Little did I know I myself would not be at home, thanks Faryal!

I was out for some work and Faryal tagged along, we took more time than usual and it was the last day of the weekend, I could not wait to go back to work the next day. These 2 days I kept thinking about Zobia, should I call her, no i should not because our relationship is not like that - for me to call her, should I just go to the hospital to see her' all these thoughts were going through my head when me and faryal reached home, I parked the car. I could not wait to go in and be alone with myself.

As we were walking towards the people sitting out in the garden for what seems like Eve Chai session, I couldn't help but get worried, Dr. Zobia was sitting with Bhabhi & Maama. I knew how closed off Zobia can get in uncomfortable situations, so to see her sitting there making her own assumptions at seeing me and faryal walking upto to them made me very nervous. He thinking the worse of me is the LAST thing I want.

We reached the gathering, I greeted everybody, looked straight on at Zobia, in an attempt to make her understand where my heart lies, who my eyes are for but she just looked on and then looked away. I could feel her tension in my bones, we sat down and I continued looking at her, to my surprise she was looking at Faryal, then looked at me, we both had a brief eye contact then she looked away. I knew what she was feeling but to my disadvantage I could not do anything then. I made another mental note Zobia is jealous and she is showing it very clearly how pissed off she is but not looking at me in the eye.

Maama and bhahi left, it was just US three then, it was like I was caught between a hard place & a rock! Faryal whom I had nothing to do with but had to respect out of our relation and ZOBIA who was becoming my everything yet I could not do anything.

Zobia after making a very small effort (which was very pleasing for me to see, she was sooo jealous!!) made a move and said 'sorry, bahut der hogai hain, I should go'.

I was left sitting there with Faryal and all I could think was how breathless and anxious I was becoming on her leaving with the wrong notion in her brain, I ran after her 'SUNNE, DR. ZOBIA.' She did not stop, until I caught up with her 'mein appko awaz de raho hoon shayad' I said to her with a straight face, as best as I could manage.

Zobia 'acha meine sunna nahi'

Asfand 'toh kya ucha sunai deta hain' I said with authority.

Zobia 'ho sakta hain' she said with equal authority & stubbornness, I was amazed by her ferocity & feistiness! Something I think she should bring out more often because I LOVED IT! She had evolved into a very independent & veracious woman with an equally beautiful heart.

I stepped closer to her to coax her a bit into admitting the REAL reason for her leaving 'aap kya naraaz hain?'

Zobia 'kisse?'

Asfand 'mujhse?'

Zobia 'Mein apse kyu naraaz hongi!!' having said that in the most direct way I have ever seen her talking, she gave me a solid stare, turned and left.

Left me standing there, helpless, feeling defeated and victorious at the same time. I was defeated because she still is closed off and instead of fighting for US & for her feelings she chose to be mature, by closing off her feelings and lettings things be, not wanting to disturb anybody or anything. I CANNOT complain, because I would have done the same thing!

Zobia Khaleel, you are a piece of work and I am excited to know you more now, reveal you layer by layer, you have challenged me in the most beautiful manner and I accept. I would be fun to see how far I can take this jealousy route with her. I thought to myself and smiled.

That evening even though I knew she would have, for sure, gone to the hospital, I choose to stay at home. I wanted her to take the time to understand her feelings and simmer a bit more in Jealousy! I was smiling and laughing the whole time thinking of this. And also, I had another issue to deal with Faryal Rizwan! It was time to face the tune and tell things as they were.

After dinner, Me and Faryal has the much-needed talk and so many words were exchanged, I told her I had moved on but surprisingly she said the most obvious thing also, I expected her to not say anything but Faryal always used to think the world revolves around her, so I also in so many words mentioned what I thought about our changed equation which was HOW GOD intended it to be from the get go. I intentionally did not want to hurt her but when I was pushed into a corner I had to retaliate and say my peace, with that I very calmly, composed and happily closed the FARYAL CHAPTER of my life.

I was ready to retire for the night when I got a call from the hospital emergency ward, to my surprise Dr. Zobia was on the other end.

Zobia 'sir emergency mein ek dialysis ka patient aaya hain'.

Asfand 'ok fine I am coming, till then do the initial checks and try to stabilize the patient'.

I reached the hospital and to my horror Shrafat baba was the patient, my heart sank a bit but somewhere in my subconscious I knew this would be the end to this generous man, his kids had disrespected him and how! Me and Zobia tried everything in our power but sadly his demise was imminent. With a heavy heart and mind I knew I had to be the one to break the news to the family as Zobia was too shaken up. I wanted to console her but Duty takes priority at this moment.

After delivering the much-needed news to the family who were not at all respectful to their own father and to Zobia, if I was not a changed man I would have punched that man in the face! How dare he..., putting off his own guilt & blame onto a capable doctor. I handled that situation while watching Zobia leave, walking with her head bent down towards the doctor's room.

I watched her walk towards that room with a heavy heart, as her steps seemed heavy with defeat & self-doubt, all the while I was walking behind her I wanted to run upto her and hold her. Be the shoulder she leans against, be her protector. I knew she would not have objected also but I still wanted her to have her space which I knew will bode well for both of us now.

I found her sitting in the room with her head down & heart heavy, almost crying, something which I cannot see her do anymore. I went & sat with her, we spoke in mellow terms, I tried to be more of an confidant, than anything else, without showing any emotions as I knew anything more than that would confuse her even more given the situation. Those big eyes were HURT & beyond, all this was happening, I do not know what compelled me but in the middle of my sentence I got up and went and sat next to her, held her hand, without giving a care. Like it was second nature to US, she leaned in and I held her tight, with all my heart next to me.

To be CONTINUED...

ShellJA thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Very good. Can't wait for the next part.

Please continue!
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Aww u write so beautifully ..r u a literature student coz ur writing got so maturity.
Bring it on!
Can't wait for more .
I m loving the way u opened up Asfandyaar heart.
SanFrangirl thumbnail
So nice and insightful. In the drama, there is no voice over or anything explaining the character's feelings so you can only guess how they are actually feeling inside. But you have explained so well. And I love the last cute little twist you put in, away from the script. Lovely! Please write more. Waiting for your next instalment.
PNA88 thumbnail

CHAPTER 5

While we were sitting, in that moment, it was like a puzzle piece, she fitted into my frame like she always belonged there. I breathed in her scent, heard & felt her relax a bit next to me, that gave me some courage and out of nowhere I kissed her forehead, her skin next to mine felt like it was DESTINED!

She stiffened in that moment and looked down, I pulled away & looked down, she was still looking down but her hand was still in mine and the other on my chest, I knew she could feel the same energy that I could. Her breathing increased and so did mine. Before anything else I asked her dinner kiya', to break the momentum of this moment before we both do (or rather me) something we both are not ready for right now, she was still looking down and I smiled a bit.

Zobia shakes her head in 'NO'.

Asfand 'let's go' more of an order than a request. I needed to break this moment, to my dismay.

We both broke free and started walking towards the pantry. While in the pantry, luckily which was completely empty, thank you god! I tried to make small talk to get over this new wave of awkwardness. We both were caught up in the moment and I did not want her to analyze it in ANY OTHER WRONG way. We both felt it, needed that, we both knew we are in love with each other. We both are adults who consent. But knowing Zobia I knew she would take the most negative approach out of this and condemn herself, which is something I want to change about her, I want her to get out of her shell. She is a beautiful, caring, loving, pure human being, whom anybody would fall in love with, I did. I had to tell her how I feel and where I wanted this relationship to go, not in the future but now. I cannot wait for anything else.

In the pantry, we both sat down with our respective meals and tea, the tension between us was so strong, with what had just happened between us a few minutes back, it was weighing heavily between us. I tried to make light of the situation and carry on..

Asfand 'aapko khane mein kya pasand hain?'

Zobia 'sab kuch' she said with a mellow sound, still a lil shook & choked up from earlier, clearly.

Asfand 'sab kuch, uske bawajood yeh haal hain' the minute I said that I kicked myself in my head! Who says that DR. ASFANDYAR and that too to a lady you are trying to woo!!! I tried to say something to save this situation & fast 'I mean aapka weight bahut kaam hain, toh isileye..' with that I knew I had to change the subject.

Asfand 'aapke hobbies kya hain?'

Zobia 'aap kya mera interview leh rahe hain?' she said with the most beautiful poker face I had ever seen and I couldn't help but bait her on.

Asfand' actually koshish kar raha hoon jaane ki, ki meri buraiya karne ke illava aap kya karti hain apne free time mein' booyaa! I was very happy with my cocky remark, thought it will make her smile, and smile she did!

Zobia 'mein aapki buraiya nahi karti' she said looking straight at me with those big beautiful eyes of hers and looked down towards her food again.

Asfand 'ohh!' I said, so Dr. Zobia Khalil knows how to be cocky aswell and I LOVE it! We both needed this, something to break the tension between us from before and also to break the ice between us.

Asfand 'are you sure because meine bahut baar suna hain ki log mujhe Changez khan or Hitler ke naam se bolatte hain, who aap toh nahi hoon sakti, right?' I asked her.

Zobia 'nahi, I don't know what you are talking about' again she gave me that doe-eyed look of hers, which I am sure by now she knows I cannot resist surrendering too and looked away.

Asfand 'right, obviously, it cannot be you!' I said and looked straight on, she was blushing, a small smile was playing on her lips, she kept sipping on her tea, looking at me every now and then, I also looked on, as if I had every right in the world too look at her without any inhibitions, which truth be told I always felt I DID.

We both finished our respective meals. Got up and on our way back I mentioned.

Asfand 'aaye mein apko hostel drop kar deta hoon'

Zobia 'nahi mein chali jaongi'

Asfand 'suggestion nahi tha yeh!' I said with an authority, which I thought she will surely object too but to my surprise, she went ahead, got her purse and said chale'.

Asfand 'walk kar le?'

Zobia 'hmm..'

Asfand 'Kya mein aapko apke naam se bulla sakta hoon, if that's ok with you?'

Zobia 'Jee'

She was blushing, again! I loved seeing my effect on her. This was turning out to be a good night. I silently thanked god for this development, even though its small but it STILL COUNTS, everything counts where ZOBIA is concerned in my life.

Before heading out of the hospital I thought this will be a good night and time to talk to her about my feelings but the second we left the Hospital & got onto the small rough road leading to the hostel, the scene has changed and we both became too aware of both our presence & the tension between us.

Asfand 'Zobia aap yaha khush toh hain, work wise?'

Zobia 'Yes I am very happy, yaha aakar mujhe logo ke kaam aane ka muka mila, I made new friends, met your beautiful family, I am really very happy'.

I was smiling the whole time she was talking, I wanted to stop and just stare at her but alas I knew the reality also.

Zobia 'Thank you for today.'

Asfand 'kis liye'?

Zobia 'aaj apne mujhe support kiya in front of Sharafat baba's family and then...' she stopped in the middle of her sentence.

Asfand '...and then..?' I looked towards her, I was hoping she would say something about that forehead kiss but she just kept on walking.

Zobia 'aapne jis taarike se mera support kiya aaj, mein yeh kabhi nahi bhoolongi, thank you once again'.

Asfand 'Zobia hostel aa gaya'

Zobia 'haan, buss mein andr chali jaongi, thank you. Goodnight' She smiled.

Asfand 'acha sunno' she turned back.

Asfand 'Ab room mein jao and sleep, please do not overthink things, tum ek bahut achi ladki hoon aur ek bahut achi doctor bhi, please don't ever doubt yourself again.' I always knew I was hard on her initially, I alone know the reason why, but in my effort to stay away from her I did not imagine I was making her this weak and also making her doubt her professional capabilities, that was never my intention, if nothing else I as her mentor & senior should have supported her. I will make up for that one day, I will.

Asfand 'ab jao andr and goodnight.' In that moment, I gave her a big smile and she gave me a big smile back , complementing mine. She delayed for a sec as if she wanted to say something or stay a little longer I took this opportunity & moved a bit closer to her, then out of nowhere the guard came and asked 'beta aap aa gayi' which made both of move away, she smiled once more and turned away.

Zobia 'jee baba, kaise hain aap? Gate band karde' with that I watched her leave but the smile on my face was ever constant. It stayed there on my face till the time I reached home. I went home happy, thankfully nobody was awake for them to notice the BIG GRIN on my face. Tonight, was a good night.

I reached home, showered (again), changed, the events of tonight still playing on my mind, me still smiling everytime I remember them, the way she felt in my arms, how peaceful it felt to have her hand was on my chest, on my heart, the way she smelled- something floral like some delicate flower, made another mental note I have to asked her what that scent is! It suits her, just like she suits me.
TO BE CONTINUED...
bookworm123 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
What a delightful read! All of Asfi's thoughts during those moments now laid bare to us!
I really like how this is a light read but does not gloss over the real feelings of these characters!

Please keep it coming..