wow no sleep for 20 days😲no glycerine
VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

Varun Dhawan on Shoojit Sircar's 'October': It is not a cliched love story

PTI | Updated: Feb 20, 2018, 05:43 PM IST
Varun Dhawan, Binita Sandhu

'October' is set to release on April 13

His filmography consists of both commercial pot-boilers and content-driven films and Varun Dhawan says he has always tried to strike a balance between the two spaces as he does not believe in limiting himself as an actor.

Varun, who will next be seen in Shoojit Sircar's romantic drama October, says he does not follow any rule book for success and his aim is to stay as diverse as possible in his choice of roles. "There is no rule. You should not limit yourself as an actor. I sometimes feel like doing this or that or sometimes nothing. We have moods, feelings and I am trying to live life. I am a cinema lover, I love watching different kinds of films. It is not a conscious decision, I have been like this forever. There is no growth, if you do not try out different things. You will not evolve," Varun said.

The first teaser of the film was released recently and the 30-year-old actor says the fact that the film is not a "cliched love story" excited him about the offer. "We are not trying to break any stereotypes (of romantic Hindi films). Our film is not a cliched love story, it is done to an extent. Now we are trying to show something new. I know the story is close to his (Shoojit) heart. The writing is so beautiful that I jumped in," he says.

The actor says the experience of working on the project was so enriching for him that he wishes to reunite with Sircar soon. "The beautiful thing even after doing this film is that he is still on my wish-list. I want to work with him again and again. There is always a message in his films. And this film too had one, which I never knew how to tell people... Subconsciously I wanted to say this to the people. We want to say something that is right in front of you in life and we never learn from it," Varun says.

October is set to release on April 13.

VirginiaPlath thumbnail

Did Varun Dhawan slash his fee by more than 50 pc for Shoojit Sircar's October?

By Mohar Basu | Mumbai

Feb 24, 2018, 08:35 IST

Varun Dhawan

Having delivered two hits - Badrinath Ki Dulhania and Judwaa 2 (both 2017) - in a year that otherwise witnessed a drought at the box office, it was reported that Varun Dhawan had hiked his fee. But in an interesting development, mid-day has learnt that the actor apparently slashed his remuneration for Shoojit Sircar's October.

Shoojit Sircar

A source close to Varun Dhawan says, "When Shoojit approached him with the script, he made it clear that it would be another small-budget film, along the lines of what he is known to make. Varun was quite taken by the story and knew that he had to be a part of the project. He readily agreed to cut down his fee for the director." While many actors opt for a lower remuneration and hold a stake in the film's profits, the source adds that Dhawan decided to forego the option.

Also read: Varun Dhawan and Banita Sindhu's October teaser will make you fall in love

Another trade insider reveals that although Dhawan had indeed hiked his fee to a whopping Rs 25 crore after the success of Judwaa 2, he did not want to burden the Banita Sandhu-starrer with his market price. The trade insider says, "If you see his filmography, he has consciously mixed the masala fare with films like Badlapur (2015) and now, October. Varun understood that October needs to be made on the right budget to be viable and recover its cost. Since the film was envisioned on a budget of R20 crore, he slashed his fee by more than 50 per cent."

^^Hmm...so October's budget is gonna be max 30Cr inc P n A. It makes sense since its shot in real locations, just Delhi & Manali doesn't even have a single known face apart from Varun even in support cast not to mention it got wrapped up before schedule in just 37 days.

Must say very smart & considerate of VD to slash down his fee so much. There's another reason why his filmmakers love him😆

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
October
October
@OctoberFilm2018
It's time to let your story of love make you win. Join our What Is Love contest & stand a chance to reach the trailer launch event. #October @Varun_dvn @BanitaSandhu @ShoojitSircar @ronnielahiri @filmsrisingsun

SOHAIL KHAN
@ItsSohailKhan
First poster and trailer of #October will be release by the end of this week. @Varun_dvn Pls RT and show your excitement.

VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Varun DhawanVerified account @Varun_dvn
FollowFollow @Varun_dvn
More

#OCTOBER suprise tomorrow morning at 11. #feel

2:24 am - 8 Mar 2018

^I think official poster is releasing tomorrow :)
Humpty_Badri thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

[IMthttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/DXxmurKWAAANzaQ?format=jpg[/IMG]

Word Count: 1

Humpty_Badri thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
no just poster out til now😊

itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
VD changed his middle name on twitter
Dan sounds like a nickname 🤔 but is he a christian in the movie? Nam sounds like that
VirginiaPlath thumbnail

Originally posted by: itzMYattitude

VD changed his middle name on twitter

Dan sounds like a nickname 🤔 but is he a christian in the movie? Nam sounds like that

Dan for Danny, Daniel or Danish🤔 too much secrecy 😆?! Dekhte hain, meanwhile

Banita Sandhu
@BanitaSandhu
itzMYattitude thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Varun wont change
there was a clip of him talking about the movie and the host ask we dont have any clue about this movie y u name it october
on which VD replied the flower has a great significance thats shown in the teaser. The flower comes in which month and all . Then he said shoojit asked me not to reveal anything now he wont cast me again in his movie 😆