Promo 1:
  [YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=OMATio8E1po&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

Promo 2:

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=bIS3shEnaQ0[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by awida - 6 years ago
Posted: 6 years ago
First episode is out:
Episode 1:

it was a strong episode . started from 1910 accident in which Rasheed's aunt was raped. his father committed suicide, and his uncle vowed to take revenge. 
then shift to 1946 Rasheed now is 36. The other family is introduced too.
Edited by awida - 6 years ago
monsw thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

well in Dastaan they showed the opposite and Muslims were the victims

New to this forum. I actually found this page while searching for information o Ghuggi. After watching a few episodes of Dastaan, I had to stop watching it. I was anti-Hindu. I am an Indian (half of my family did come from Pakistan) and love Pakistan. I don't believe in religion. Unfortunately, Dastaan made me feel so sad because of how a certain religion was portrayed. It made me feel especially sad because my grandfather was a freedom fighter who refused to leave Pakistan until he could save each person (hindus as well as muslims) of his region! Mobs don't have a religion, but Dastaan attributed a religion to mobs.

Ghuggi sounded interesting, but toward the end of the first episode, I quickly realized that it is a religion based story, so am going to avoid watching it.

On a related note, I love Pakistani dramas (great acting and I just love Pakistan). However, I fail to understand that why is it that if they have to portray a character in a negative light (especially a female character in UK or USA), they make sure to portray the character's nationality as Indian.
Edited by monsw - 6 years ago

Originally posted by: monsw

New to this forum. I actually found this page while searching for information o Ghuggi. After watching a few episodes of Dastaan, I had to stop watching it. I was anti-Hindu. I am an Indian (half of my family did come from Pakistan) and love Pakistan. I don't believe in religion. Unfortunately, Dastaan made me feel so sad because of how a certain religion was portrayed. It made me feel especially sad because my grandfather was a freedom fighter who refused to leave Pakistan until he could save each person (hindus as well as muslims) of his religion! Mobs don't have a religion, but Dastaan attributed a religion to mobs.

Ghuggi sounded interesting, but toward the end of the first episode, I quickly realized that it is a religion based story, so am going to avoid watching it.

I don't think it will show Hindus in bad light , coz it is pased on a story of an Indian woman , who was a victim of kidnaping. Yes. they showed the story of the aunt first. but even in the movie Pinjar it was said that Rasheed kidnapped Paru (Nimmo here) to avenge his aunt's kidnaping. ðŸ˜Š also Adnan Siddiqui who is the producer of Ghuggi worked in few Indian movies. he is a good human and he respects other religions. 

On a related note, I love Pakistani dramas (great acting and I just love Pakistan). However, I fail to understand that why is it that if they have to portray a character in a negative light (especially a female character in UK or USA), they make sure to portray the character's nationality as Indian.

I am not a Pakistani. I grew up watching Indian movies , and as a muslim I felt hurt to watch Islam being portraid in a bad light in some Indian movies, like : Ghadar and Mission Kashmeer. I just want both Indian and Pakistani to stop mixing religion with politics. 
sanashau thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
https://www.hipinpakistan.com/news/1154348/gugghi-episode-1-review-vengeance-a-love-story

They asked me to review this.
monsw thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: awida

I am not a Pakistani. I grew up watching Indian movies , and as a muslim I felt hurt to watch Islam being portraid in a bad light in some Indian movies, like : Ghadar and Mission Kashmeer. I just want both Indian and Pakistani to stop mixing religion with politics. 

I didn't see these movies. I don't like movies (Indian or Pakistani) that do so (paint any religion the bad way). I am not defending Indian dramas (infact, I have hardly watch a couple; I don't like them at all), but at least on everyday TV dramas, they don't force a Pakistani nationality on a negative character. I don't think I can watch any movie, which paints any religion, in a bad way. 

I am so sorry you felt hurt watching those movies. I wish movie makers on both the sides would realize how it hurts people! I cried for days after watching Dastaan and decided to start a project (which my friend, originally from Pakistan and I decided to work on). To get rid of the negativity, I decided to interview people on both sides of the borders and encourage them to talk about the positive stories of communal harmony. I have heard many from my father. He still misses his "Khan uncle." I am trying to collect as many as possible from the generation who even slightly remembers the happenings of pre Independence era.

If Ghuggi is balanced one, I would try it:-)

Edited by monsw - 6 years ago
@Sano. That was an awesome review . I am glad that you pointed to the performances as well. I agree Majeed's wife was over the top . but old man, Majeed and his sister gave good performances. I guess this is how simple and poor ppl react to the disasters . they are aam ppl. very emotional, so I was ok with their shouting. I felt bad that Majeed killed himself . it is a big sin..but I think he held himself the responsibility , he could not live with the guilt.