Ghuggi (TV One) - Adnan Siddiqui, Hamza Firdaus, Amar Khan - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 years ago
it is working here. I hope I can upload it. but TV ONE now makes its videos private.
I've found this old HIP post..and I am sharing it here:

I can never do Rasheed's character better than Manoj Bajpai: Adnan Siddiqui on 'Ghughi'

Cereal Entertainment's next venture is an adaptation of period Bollywood film, 'Pinjar' 
IFRAH SALMAN UPDATED MAY 14, 2017 04:22PM

With two movies lined up for a summer release, hit on-going drama serials and another venture that's about to hit the television screens soon, seems like it's Adnan Siddiqui year.

And so HIP wanted to find out, how is Adnan going on about everything and still managing to churn out one intriguingly unique idea after another. Seeta Bagri and Pujaranboth are very new and unheard of concepts in our television industry and both fall under Siddiqui's production house, Cereal Entertainment. However, this time around we spoke to the actor on his next production titled Ghughi, that will also see him taking the lead.

"I had always wanted to do something classic like Ghughi. The word Ghughi is what we call Fakhtain Urdu. So when the idea for the play came to me, I didn't hesitate one bit in naming it Ghughi a Punjabi derivative, he says of the unusual title. "It is one of a few firsts for me too - I'm doing a lot of things for the first time in the serial. I've even learnt to ride a horse and sweep the heroine right off her feet too, he claims.

When asked about the script, Adnan mentioned that Ghughi is an adaptation of Urmila Matondkar, Manoj Bajpaye and Sanjay Suri starrer Bollywood film, Pinjar. "It was such a classic that it had inspired me since I watched it. Such classical script, such timelessness to the story, so when I was thinking about my next venture, I asked myself, why not this? If we could pull this off as I have in mind, it'll come off great and that's just about what we want, he revealed.

"It has such a gripping script written by the extremely talented Amna Mufti, I asked her to work with me on the ideas we had regarding the script. Although an adaptation, we wanted Ghughi to stand out on its own and I'm certain with brains like her behind the script, you'll find Ghughi to be nothing short of a classic itself. And true to her name and fame, she gave me a script that required me to step up the game several notches and be ready to get things done, the likes of which even I hadn't done ever," Adnan, all praises for the writer.

We're quite taken aback by the choice of projects and subjects Cereal Entertainment chooses to deal with. There's something new to the table every time. We have yet to witness one project from Cereal Entertainment that is rather conventional. And so, we wanted to know what inspires Adnan with the stories he wants to tell.

"I vowed to myself that Cereal Entertainment would come out with projects that were not only different but a class apart. I want our name to become synonymous with innovative ideas and that's why we've always focused on matters that are yet to become common in our industry, he said with a great deal of pride. "We've gone at lengths with Ghughi. We have four tracks for the serial as well. Zehra Nigah has created magic for us and given us a few song, while Naveed Naushad has given us excellent music composition."

Also we've seen Cereal Entertainment only grow with every project. Adnan never hesitates to introduce debutants with each of his project. With Ghughi, the seasoned actor-producer will introduce us to not only one, but three talented actors. Amar Khan, will play the female lead, while composer, Zohaib Ali, as well as singer, Imran Ali Akhtar, have been working on its soundtrack.

"We promote new talent and why we shouldn't. When I established Cereal Entertainment, I wanted to give anybody a chance who I knew would prove their mettle. Amar looked the part and she was exactly what I was looking for, so I went ahead and got her on-board. We're here to work together. Being a newbie doesn't bother me, I'd like to use my platform to not only produce original and unconventional content, but also introduce raw talent, he maintained. "Like we're shooting in Lahore and it gives me great pleasure to at least be able to give the crew a chance at earning an honest living by being involved in the sets at different capacities.

Coming back to Ghughi, we wanted to know if Adnan was conscious of the comparisons that will inevitably generate around his role. "I can never do Rasheed's character better than Manoj. I'll give you one crude example - consider Manoj's character a tire; that has been invented. Me, doing the same role, will be like building a bicycle that wouldn't be possible without a tire, he says with a smile. "So the comparisons won't mean an ounce. Yes, I can improvise like I have in the character, but all those are additions to the character that has already been perfected by a maestro. I am only trying to portray.

Ghughi will be a one of its kind of period drama to be aired on Pakistan television promises Adnan. The first spell of the serial is currently underway in Jallo Mor, Lahore. "We make sure we don't have wires or tractors around and near our locations; trying to shoot early morning when there are fewer people out and about. We've ensured each and everything reflects from the time we're portraying in the serial. Even Amar's eyebrows have been worked upon along with her complete look, just to make sure, she or I or the locations, give the exact feel, he added.

We're quite certain Adnan Siddiqui has put his heart and soul into the project, something that was evident while we chatted, however, does he feel having his plate full might end up in over-exposure? "It had to happen this way. Things turned out. Mom and Yalghaar are both releasing this summer. Sammi *is on-air, *Ghughi is on its way. It's just fate. If I'm giving my best, why would anybody mind seeing me? But that depends upon the audience so let them decide for themselves," he responded.

And with this, we conclude up our interview, thanking Adnan for taking out the time despite being swamped with the grueling shoots. Ghughi is slated to air its first episode this September on TVOne.

Edited by awida - 6 years ago
MochaQueen thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

this shouldve aired on Hum but i guess the actors are ot that great
mimixoxo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Pinjar is one of fav hindi movies ! So looking forward to this one, Adnan is a fav of mine even though he is super old :😆
I saw the teasers and I was amazed by it, esp , do you see how fit Adnan is looking while wearing the scrap of clothing?

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

this shouldve aired on Hum but i guess the actors are ot that great

Actors are good acting wise, but ppl are only after famous and goodlooking guys. 

Originally posted by: mimixoxo

Pinjar is one of fav hindi movies ! So looking forward to this one, Adnan is a fav of mine even though he is super old :😆

I saw the teasers and I was amazed by it, esp , do you see how fit Adnan is looking while wearing the scrap of clothing?

Yes. that sultan avatar.😆
Well. Pinjar is my fav. too . I watched it many times. I don't like Urmila. but she was amazing in it. Manoj is a marvelous actor. I know only Adnan Siddiqi can fit in his shoes. coz Adnan too has those eyes which speak volumes. 
I am very excited to watch this drama. ðŸ˜ƒ
OST Video (Meri Baat Suno):
 [YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=dkomH5aIW6k[/YOUTUBE]
MochaQueen thumbnail

Neutral Nomads

how can you say the actors are good without even seeing them

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

how can you say the actors are good without even seeing them

You mean in this drama? ðŸ˜• I mean in their previos shows Adnan is known for his good work so Asma and Mohsin. Amar Khan has worked with Ahsan Khan in a telifilm about a blind couple , she's impressing too. Hamza Firdous acted as Tipu in O Rungreza, I don't like him, but many does. also from the promos it is clear that he is doing a different character here. 
Maybe I am very wishful!😃