Users

Frequent Posters

rani7131 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Chapter 14.

At the Venue:-

" Manu, what should we do now?" Sukhi whispered to Manu

"I don't know... But I know I'll have to stop this marriage by any means possible." Manu whispered back while he silently observed the Chooda ceremony.

Looking around his heart skipped a beat when his eyes fell on Preet. Preet was looking stunning, in a simple Purple and pink chudidar, her long hair was pulled downward in a plait letting her bangs fall by the side of her face.

"She looks very pretty." Manu thought out loud, admiring her beauty. Sukhi looked at him amused with a broad grin. "I mean her dress is really pretty." Manu said hastily. But it didn't seem to work as his brother kept grinning at him and he started to hiccup.' Damn it, this stupid hiccup'

"Oh, really?" Sukhi teased Manu. Manu was about to say, but held back, when he saw Preet looking at him. Their eyes met and Manus' face heated up and he promptly walked away, towards the hallway.

With Preet:-

Preet quietly watched as the brides Mami helped her to wear her choda while Neha was still busy gawking at the brides attire. From the corner of her eyes Preet saw, Manu staring at her almost admiringly. Preet felt her face lightly heat up. ' Why is he staring at me like that ' Preet thought, subconsciously twirling the end of her pink dupata. She slightly turned her head and looked back at Manu who was talking with Sukhi, but suddenly looked back at her. Manu blushed and hastily exited the hall.

" Preet" Swaran called Preet.

" Come let's do the ceremony?"

"Ceremony? What ceremony?."

" I'll explain afterwards. Now come they are waiting for you."

Preet sighed and let her aunt lead her by her hand. Swaran made Preet to stand with the other girls and asked her to crouch down slightly and wait. Preet just did as her aunt instructed. Why was Manu staring at her. That's very unlike him. Possibly he wanted to tell her something. And was afraid to... 'That's quite understandable he is yet in the Sartaj get up--' Preet came out of her train of thought when she felt something fall on her head. She took hold of it with her hand before it fell out of her head and stood up. Slowly, she opened her palm and recognized that it was a piece of the kalire that the bride was wearing.

"Excuse me!" she called the bride who was about to move to the other girl. "I believe this is yours." Preet said, extending her hand. The bride didn't make any motion to take the piece and just smiled at Preet.

" That's a good sign!" Raavi cheered

Preet looked at her befuddled. She was about to call the bride again, but Swaran quickly signed her not to. Preet again looked at the bride and saw the bride shaking her hands; or rather her kalire that was tied around her bangles on top of the girls head. After this-weird- ceremony was over, Preet walked towards Raavi. She greeted Amba before looking back at Raavi and asked," What was that all about? And what do you mean by good sign? "

" You don't know the ritual?" Raavi asked, looking genuinely confused.
Preet shook her head in response.
"The ritual is followed with the bride shaking her chooda and kalire worn hands on the heads of all the unmarried girls present. It is believed that if any part or leaf of the kalire falls on the head of any girl's head, she will be the next one to get married."

Preet eyes widened and she again looked back at the piece of kalire.'next one to get married.'

With Manu:-

Manu was walking down the hallway. What was all that about, anyway? What was that strange feeling? He shouldn't feel that way towards Preet. On the spur of the moment, he collided with a servant who was carrying a tray holding several glasses of drinks for the guest. The juice spilled over on Manu's Kurta staining the yellow fabric. The servant at once started to apologize to Manu.

" Its ok." I wasn't looking where I was going either ." with that Manu headed towards his room. After getting to his room Manu removed his shirt, tossing it on the floor. The juice had also stained his vest. Letting out a frustrated sigh Manu took off his vest tossing it aside. He looked through the closet looking for another decent dress to wear. But froze at the sound of anklets. Manu quickly turned and saw Preet walking inside the room.

"Shah Ji.." Preet started and looked up, but instantly stopped when she saw that Manu was standing shirtless. Before Manu could get a word out, Preet started to scream. Panicked, Manu ran towards her and instantly covered her mouth with his hand cutting her screams.

"Preet relax. Please don't shout. People will misunderstand" Manu pleaded " Loog mujhe jooto se marenge" But Preet didn't listen and just struggled in his grasp. Placing both her hands on his chest, Preet pushed Manu with all her might, making him stumble. Manu stumbled and tripped over his kurta and out of reflex grabbed Preet pulling her with him. Both of them fell, with Preet on top of Manu. Manu looked up worriedly, was about to say something but held back when he saw that Preet was staring at him. Manu face went crimson. He had never been so close to a girl and didn't know what to do, should he push her aside or ask her to get off of him Preet eyes travelled from his chest to his face. Their eyes met and if possible Manu face went even redder.

"Yaara is everything ok? I heard a scream..." Rajveer barged into the room. But halted in his track at what he saw. His face changed from worry to rage in seconds. He stormed towards Manu and pushed Preet aside rather harshly. He pulled Manu up and grabbed his neck. "How dare you" Raj snarled, he brought up his fist to hit him, but Preet quickly pushed Raj away from him

"Stop, why are you hurting Shah Ji" Preet yelled at Raj accusingly.

" Wait! Wasn't he hurting you?"

"No" Preet suttered,

Raj looked at both of them, "Oh, now I get it "

"Yaara.."

" Why? How could you do this." Raj whispered his voice sounding brittle.

"No, Yaara.." Manu said in a soft voice. Raj was witfuly missunderstanding the whole situation . He put his hand on Raj shoulder, but Raj shrugged him off.

"How could you I thought you were my friend! How could you flirt with PapaJi!!"

"What the heck!!!" Manu shrieked, "Are you out of your bloody mind!!"

"Since when is this going on!!I should have known this. Even the other day you were hugging h--"

"Eww...Raj please stop!" Manu cringed. This was not what Manu had expected . What made Raj think that he would flirt with Harjeet of all people!? The very idea made him sick, wanting him to throw up "Are you drunk or something"

"I'm not drunk! It's not me its you who is out of his mind" Raj rebuked pointing an accusing finger at him "You knew about my feelings yet you did this?"

"I didn't did anything. Mohini unke peche padi thi. Mein nahi!!"

Raj just gapped at Preet "Mohini too was...Uss chudail se aur kya umeed ke ja sakti hai.. but you! I never expected this from you. I'll NEVER forgive you" with that Raj pounced on Manu and started to wrestle with him. Preet tried to stop them but all in vain. She never imagined that the moron would actually believe that her name is PapaJi!! Preet stopped when she heard somebody coming. If anyone see her with these too, then... Preet quickly ran and hid in the bathroom

"What's going on--" Raavi rushed inside the room. She cried in horror at what she saw getting both Raj and Manu attention. Raj was on top of Manu trying to strangle him with Manu trying to push him off. But Raavi gravely misunderstood the position. "Chi! Rajveer so... you...with this guy "

"No no no. Chachi Ji you're missunderstanding." Raj quickly got off of Manu"Its not what you are thinking"

"Toh mein aur kya samjhu?! You are on top of a -Shirtless- man. And that also on the bed. Raab ji. Ghore kalyug!" With that Raavi ran out of the room calling Amba.

"No Chachi. Please wait!!!" Raj rushed out of the room, after Ravi. Preet came out of the bathroom. Manu gave her a questioning look, at that Preet just shrugged. "What the hell is going on!" Manu cried out holding his head in his hand
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw Manu is not gonna fall for Preet yet ...not so soon. What he was feeling for her was just infatuation( is that what its called? 😆) And in my ff Manu is inexperienced😛 Sorry for All the grammatical errors.

Edited by rani7131 - 6 years ago
Meghz99 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
That was the funniest chapter I ever read!!!
Meghz99 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Maa ka laadla begad gaya!!! Amba ka laadla begad gaya!!! 🤣
rani7131 thumbnail
Chapter 15.

At the Venue:-

Supreet was talking with her friends, complimenting her on her dress, just then she saw Lakhan running upstairs.

' Devar Ji?' Supreet though worried.

She excused herself and went towards the direction Lakhan had left. She caught up with him and saw him looking around rather hurriedly. She walked towards, lightly tapping his shoulder to catch his attention. Lakhan flinched at that and sharply turned about.

" What happened Devar Ji? Is everything --"

" Have you seen Veerji?" Lakhan cut in, catching her shoulder, starling Supreet . " Please tell me, its' very important!!"

"I don't know" Supreet answered hastily, futilely attempting to shrug his hands off her shoulders,"But, I can help you, if you want." she volunteered. "So tell me what's wrong? Why are you so worried... What's bothering you?
Lakhan just stared at her for a second looking visibly worried.He peeked at his watch and then at the corridor, as if to make sure one was around before looking back at her.

After a moment's reflection, he said "Parjai remember when you said to me that you also know Wrestling and that you had been a top wrestler back in your college," Lakhan questioned, looking at her doubtful" were you saying the truth or..." he trailed off.

"I wasn't bluffing! I was saying the truth!! " Supreet spluttered, sounding slightly offended " My brother had thought me wrestling. I have even gone to classes for that. Also, in our school it was compulsory for girls to learn the art of wrestling for self defence"

" Great! Then come with me! " Lakhan exclaimed, taking hold of her hand, and was about to head downstairs, but Supreet stopped him.

"Hold up! So that's what it was all about? That's what was bothering you?" Supreet implored with an amused expression on her face.

" Please, Parjai I really need you right now." Lakhan pleaded glancing at his watch again hurriedly " I can't fight them all on my own and stop Mohini at the same time!!"

" What?!" Supreet almost shrieked, but quickly lowered her voice," Now I'm worried Devar Ji. Who is after you? And what Mohini has to do with all this"

" I'll explain afterwards. Please Parjai this is about someone life.! Please Parjai!! Lakhan begged folding his hands.

Supreet bit her lips. Lakhan was the only one aware of the fact that she is a Wrestler. Her husband and in-laws didn't know anything about it. Supreet was about to refuse at the thought of letting everyone know about her secret, but then relented and agreed to help Lakhan. Lakhan was like a son to her. And a mother never leaves her child in trouble.

" But tell me what's this all about, on the way. At least briefly!"

Lakhan nodded, his face lit up with joy. He again held her hand and guide her out of the Venue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for all the grammatical errors.
rani7131 thumbnail
Sorry for all the grammatical errors in advance. And for the long chapter ( and boring) . Will try to edit it later.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter 16

At the venue:-

With Manu and Preet:-

" Why can't I " Preet heard Manu muffled protests from behind the bathroom door; for the fifth time. And Preet just gave the same response. She sat on the couch with Manu Phone in hand, debating whether she should call Lakhan or not. As much as she wanted to know his condition, she didn't want to bother him.

So deep in her sentiments, Preet didn't yet realize that Manu was already out of the bath."But Preet my work is done in here" Manu said now getting Preets attention "And as for the marriage Sukhi Veerji can manage it--"

"No" Preet said firmly. Still looking at the phone in her hand.

"But, why? I know you are worried for them as well" Manu said," At least for Lakhan."

Preet whipped her head around and looked him in shock " I'm worried for both of them." Preet shouted more out of shock than anger "Like Lakhan is my Veera, Gunjan is also like a sister to me!"

"No! I didn't mean that. Sorry that came out totally wrong." Manu said hastily. He walked up to Preet, sitting along the couch beside her, " I meant to say we should go and help Lakhan. Harjeets' men can be hard to handle..."

Preet remained silent. She didn't know what to say , she herself was in a dilemma. She wanted to help, but Lakhan had told her not too. She wanted to help him, but didn't want to trouble him.What if her presence only creates more hassle for them. Now she didn't wanted. But what is he is in trouble and needs them?

Preet took a deep breath and finally spoke,"Lakhan Veerji said that he will ring me once the work is done. Thus, we will wait for sometime." she then looked straight at Manu " But if I still didn't receive his call then we will go to find them."

With Mohini:-

"Can you hear me?" Mohini asked Pami through the Phone which was linked with the earpiece Pami was wearing; to which Mohini received a high pitched 'Yes!' from the other end. Mohini immediately put the telephone away from her ear. "Fool, stop shouting " she scolded Pami. She then began to instruct her daughter. Sometimes she still wonders if Pami was really her own daughter? She was nothing like her or Nihal. Once Pami marriage gets fixed with Aman, she can finally bring her son out of the Jail.

After she was done instructing Pami she just leaned back against the seat. Mohini had parked her car a bit away; behind the other cars, from where Pami was standing, though she could still clearly see her. Fooling Gunjan will be an easy task. For once Pami annoying friends came of some use. The Pahuja definitely won't marry a characterless girl. The Pawania reputation will also be slandered. Now all she had to do was wait.

Mohini sensed someone coming. She at once sat up and started to see around. This definitely not Gunjan as she didn't hear the sound of anklets, and she was right, it was Lakhan. 'How did he manage to get away from the men's ' Mohini thought bewildered, though she knew the answer herself.

"Pami, Lakhan is coming. Be careful!" Mohini warned Pami through the telephone.

"Yes Mummy"

"Don't reply back, be might sense something fishy. Mein jaise bolu wasa he bolna."

Pami only nodded at that. Lakhan walked up to Pami smiling sweetly at her "Sauriyakal, Pami Didi" Lakhan said, folding his hand, standing in a polite gesture, to which Pami also greeted him. Mohini hit her head with her palm. 'Why are you greeting him. He is our enemy for Goodness sake!! At that Pami quickly composed herself putting up an angry aspect.

" What are you doing in here? How did you get away from our men" Pami mimicked Mohini words trying to sound angry

Lakhan stepped back, lifting his hand up in surrender."No, no Didi. You're mistaken, I'm here to help you. I'm here to stop you from making the greatest mistake."

"Some nerve you have?! Firstly, you sneak into our flat to spy on us. And now you're threatening me, that I'm making a fault?!"

"No didi! I wasn't threatening you. And I'm saying the truth, I'm here to help you. I also don't like Gunjan. She only knows to boss around people."

" Then why did you sneak into our--"

"Cause of Harjeet" Lakhan cut in, before she could finish her sentence " what do you think? Woh meri arti kar, mera swagat karenge . He will shoot me on sight! He won't even bother, to hear me out. That's why I sneaked in, trying to get to you and Aunty Ji. As you might at least try to hear me out "

'What is he upto'. Mohini thought. There was no way that he would take their side or help them. His family was devoted to those Pawania. Now curious Mohini said too Pami "Fine, let him speak"

" Fine, tell me!" Pami said, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

" When I sneaked into your flat, I heard your and Aunty Ji conversation. I didn't wasted another second, and came straight here to stop you"

Now Mohini was getting frustrated. What is he upto? Why is he talking in riddles. "Tell him to come to the point.

" Just get to the point" Pami shouted mimicking Mohini words. Though Pami wasn't frustrated like her mother she was also now getting curious.

"Ok, I'll come to the point. Do you truely believe that, the Pahujas will call off this Wedding. Just cause of this Plan, that Gunjan has been with other men" Lakhan retorted, he didn't waited for -or even let- Pami to answer and continue, "No. This is not Gaguwal where such things are considered as Taboo. God knows how many women Aman has been with before this marriage. These all are quite normal in City. By imposing this idea you are actually doing a favour to the Pawania. They will get impressed seeing that Gunjan is a modern girl like them." Lakhan finished

'Oh no!' Now it hit Mohini, that he was trying to use their plan against them.But she wont let that happen. "Pami don't listen to him. He is trying to trick us." Mohini warned Pami but sadly Pami didn't listen to her.

"Oh no what should I do now Lakhan" Pami asked worriedly

"What! Pami are you out of your mind." Mohini yelled" Can't you see, he is Fooling you. He is trying to use our plan against us. "

Lakhan just gave her one short reply" Show them." Pami just looked at him confused. Lakhan smiled with a slight nod, he continued" Show the Pahuja how modern and experienced you are. that you are not some plain and naive village girl. Why give Gunjan this opportunity? Now go! This your chance, go and impress those Pahujas.

" You are right" Pami chirped with enthusiasm and a hint of confidence and immediately ran outside the parking lot.

"No!!" Mohini got out of the car and yelled at her daughter -still- through the phone."Pami you foolish girl come back in here. Are you deaf. Can't you hear me." She then whipped her head around like a snake and glared at Lakhan. "You!" she said with malice in her voice. But stopped when Lakhan raised his hand and showed her the earpiece that Pami was wearing 'What but how did he--' Mohini shook her head. This wasn't the time. She glared pointedly at Lakhan for one last time before she ran out of there chasing after her foolish daughter.