Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

pakeezah thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
It's a matter of perception..
.mother's don't feel it's anything unusual to breastfeed because it's instinctive..it's a nurturing act.

This view may not be shared by others esp men, or young hormonal guys, kids because a normally private part of a woman is being bared.

There are women showing their pregnant body naked on magazine covers as a matter of pride. For them showing breasts is only an extension of that.

Lisa is not the first celeb to get pregnant, hv a baby, Ash has done it. karisma, Raveena, and many models in this internet age. They chose to keep it private. Lisa chose to flaunt it.

You don't need to actually show your breast to advocate breastfeeding. Like you don't need to show sex to advocate condoms.

I honestly don't know how many women are going to be inspired to breastfeed by seeing a picture of Lisa Haydon breastfeeding openly or how many men are going to leer at the picture.

This is from experience..even family and friends hv balked at unbuttoning and breastfeeding publicly so...
IPSO_FACTO thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Some people are just plain jerks. A friend of mine had a real ass hat friend. That ass hat was showing us his videos from his trip to goa and i accidently swiped next and to my horror that asshat had filmed a lady breast feeding her child in the lower berth of the train. I was so disgusted. I wanted to smack him right across his face.
Due to people like these women are apprehensive of breaatfeding in public.
Edited by Xx..Anjali..xX - 7 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Such sick comments have been written.. 🤢
Since she's a celeb.. she did her part to promote Breast feeding!
IMO, Breast feeding is a innate and a natural process which any mother will do post delivery!
Charaiveti thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Ok 🤢 the amount of disgusting comments u can see on internet is sickening, it affects u so badly when u realise such people exist irl but they keep the sexism in a closet but on internet they get anonymity n bam,they spit venom🤢
Breastfeeding we vi they have problems , I don't know what to say like dumbass did u yourself didn't get breastfeeded in your infancy, illogical stupid crap disgusting people
tanvismile thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Not supporting bullshit comments but not everything is supposed to be posted as promotion.
pakeezah thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: giraffevati

In india, women do it openly and I see nothing wrong with it. If people find it dirty, then this shows their mindsets.

Abroad they don't breastfeed openly? Genuine question..I've never seen it myself where I've been in Europe or America...but I've not actually lived abroad
TheBoss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: pakeezah

Abroad they don't breastfeed openly? Genuine question..I've never seen it myself where I've been in Europe or America...but I've not actually lived abroad

They breastfeed openly. You can see them in malls, theatres, libraries, parks, airports everywhere. A lactating mother can sit anywhere even in a store and do it, some cafes have even started giving free snacks and juices to them.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Breastfeeding is a natural and normal process and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. There is this notion in most parts of the world that breastfeeding is something that should be done behind closed doors and never in public. It is due to the sexualization of the female anatomy, namely the breast, which is seen as purely a sex object and too obscene to be in public.

When we are hungry we have no qualms grabbing a snack on the streets or eating a candy bar or a bag of chips on public transit. We do not rush home lest anyone see us eating. So why impose rules on an innocent child whose body has not learned a schedule yet. Why should we deny it food when it is hungry and crying. Whether it is on public transit, at a wedding reception, or even a place of worship, in an ideal society a woman will be able to feed her crying child breast milk wherever and whenever without any judgment.
Celebrities who show of photos of breastfeeding are not merely promoting breastfeeding. They are promoting the normalization of breastfeeding no matter where it occurs. If you are grossed out by breastfeeding or salivate like a lecher because of boobs, then there is something wrong with you.

That all being said, contrary to the popular belief formula is not toxic or poison either. Formula is a healthy and safe choice to nourish a baby as either a supplement or replacement to breast milk.

Many women do not produce enough milk and some do not lactate at all. Many women can experience painful tenderness and soreness. breastfeeding. A working woman's schedule may not match the baby and breast pumping equipment can be uncomfortable, inconvenient, and expensive. So for a multitude of reasons women need to supplement or replace breast milk and no mom should be shamed for it.

I love Adam Ruins Everything

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_80bWlLJvg[/YOUTUBE]

TheBoss thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
To those who are saying women should cover up while breast feeding do you not think it basically means women should not be allowed what to wear or how to conduct themselves? Whats wrong with a open boob of a lactating mother? Holding a baby still while being out is a process in itself now we should freak out over the sight of her nipple? Once you remove the thought of sexualizing breast feeding it would not seem so abnormal.
Novarieaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I have long stopped reading public comments on non-moderated sites. They're, 90% of the times, disgusting. It absolutely doesn't matter what nationals you're talking about. Internet is pretty filthy irrespective of the geographical position of the users.

Secondly, men who take issues with mother breast-feeding or women's menstruation need help. If they can spew nonsense on a relationship as sacred as mother-child, they've ingrained issues which need to be addressed. As simple as that. There's no other way one can explain unreasonable outrage over such a normal and natural activity.