My Character & I: Jayati Bhatia

ANJANA thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
Jayati Bhatia
What kind of mother is Meera?
Meera is a forthright, matter-of-fact mother. When it comes to her sons and their upbringing, she even takes on her husband for spoiling one of the sons and making a mess of his life.

There is a clash of interests between your son, Rishabh (Aman Verma) and your husband Raman (Kiran Kumar).
At the moment, they are at loggerheads. Rishabh has turned into a monster and I blame my husband for Rishabh's state of affairs. Since childhood, Rishabh was pampered and has turned into a spoilt brat thanks to Raman. He unknowingly created the monster. I am trying to bridge the divide but at the same time telling Raman that all this is his doing.

Is it a believable character?
Yes, to a great extent. She is not the archetypal goody-goody screen mother. She speaks out when a wrong has been done. Meera is not a doormat. At home, she reigns. In fact, earlier in the show it was clearly revealed in a pact that her husband Raman (Kiran Kumar) would not interfere in the home affairs while I would not influence his business deals.

Are there shades of Meera's character in your life?
Yes, to a certain extent. Like Meera, I can take on both failures as well as successes.

How believable is your character?
It is very believable. Meera is a mother with a mind of her own. She is not a typical, glycerine-eyed mother

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Pinky-- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the article. I like Meera's role, and Jayati plays it very nicely.

sangeet5 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thanx for the article,though i don't like her much.All the blame can't be given to raman only.Upbringing of a child depends on both the parents.As it is Raman was always busy with his business so moral responsibility was bestowed upon her.ANyways she is doing her best whatever she is being told.
abha12sood thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks.
I like Jayati Bhatia. She is the perfect mother.