Stars in Telugu Industry

TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago
can someone plz tell me who is the #1 star at present and who is going up and down ? What happened to Sidharth , I thought he was really big there but as now I have started watching Telugu movies , I am hardly seeing any dub movies of Sid. Is he out of the star race now ?
Basically plz tell me the current star position ( also about female leads plz ... Rakul , Kajal etc ...who is in demand ? )

( don't include Prabhas , he is in a different league for me )

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shona_V thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The sons of previous gen stars rule our Telugu film industry. Also, there are some actors who don't have any film background but has huge popularity.

The previous gen star heros are Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna, Venkatesh, Balakrishna, Krishnan raju, Krishna and Mohanbabu.
Their sons and relatives enjoy star popularity and fan following.

Megastar Chiranjeevi family:
Pavan Kalyan( brother of chiranjeevi), Nagababu(brother of chiranjeevi but he is a character artist). Allu Arjun(nephew of chiranjeevi and son of allu Aravind(star producer)), Ram charan(son of chiranjeevi), Varun tej(son of nagababu), Sai dharam tej( chiranjeevi sister's son), Niharika(Nagababu's daughter).

Among all of them, Pawan Kalyan, Ram charan, allu Arjun have huge popularity. But Pawan Kalyan has tremendous popularity in youth because of his inspirational speeches and nature.

Nagarjuna family:
Nagarjuna( son of then Superstar ANR), Amala( wife of nagarjuna and mother of Akhil), Naga chaitanya( first son of nagarjuna), Akhil(son of nagarjuna and amala), Sumanth & Sushant(nephews of nagarjuna). Only nagarjuna, naga Chaitanya and Akhil are star heros in their family. Naga Chaitanya is engaged to south indian star heroine Samantha and their adorable Jodi had huge fan following. Akhil has more female fan following. Nagarjuna is also a producer and they own Annapurna studios.

Venkatesh family:

Venkatesh is son of star producer Daggubati Rama Naidu. Suresh babu, is brother of venkatesh and he is also a star producer. Rana is Suresh babu's son. I should mention here that Rana and Naga Chaitanya are cousins because nagarjuna married venkatesh's sister and Naga Chaitanya is nagarjuna's son from his first wife. Later they got divorced and nagarjuna married Amala. And also, Rana and Ram charan are classmates and besties from childhood.

Sr.NTR family:

Bala Krishna & hari krishna( sons of sr. NTR). Jr.NTR & Kalyan ram( sons of hari Krishna). Nara rohit( Nara Chandrababu naidu's brother's son. Chandrababu Naidu is AP Chief minister and son-in-law of Sr.NTR). Tarak ratna( cousin of Jr.NTR).
Among them, Bala Krishna, Jr.NTR has huge following...i meant very huge. Jr.NTR is presently hosting Bigg boss Telugu show.

Coming to krishnam raju, Krishna and Mohan babu's familes...

Prabhas is Krishnam raju brother's son. Well, he may be in a different race for you but there are many other heros in Telugu film industry who have more fan following than Prabhas. Now, Prabhas became a national wide celebrity due to Bahubali.

Mahesh babu is Krishna's son. Mahesh is the one in Telugu film industry who has more female fans than any other hero. He enjoys fan following from all sorts of people, may it be girls, boys, uncles or even heroines of south indian industry are huge fans of Mahesh babu.

Mohan babu has 2 sons and a daughter. Manoj & Vishnu are his sons. They have their own popularity. Lakshmi prasanna is his daughter, who enjoys a different kind of fan following. She is elder among the three but she is the one with more popularity than his brothers. She is a producer, heroine, also acted in negative roles and is a good friend to all the present gen heros and heroines of Telugu film industry.

Now coming to the actors who are not from the film background.. Nani, Sharwanand, Nikhil are the main actors who have huge fan following just like the star hero's sons.
Nani is in the top( atleast for me) because he can easily pull off any kind of role and he is very ground of earth. He has 7 consecutive blockbuster hit movies. Presently, he is enjoying the success of his seventh consecutive hit. He entered the industry as a clap assistant, assistant director and now he established himself as a successful actor and is so humble that everyone loves him. He is my personal favourite in our Telugu film industry. I can speak an entire day about him. I suggest you to watch his movies.

I think sharwanand has a lil' background but not sure. But he also has good popularity. Nikhil is well known for his versatile story selection and also has equal popularity.

Aadi SaiKumar, Sandeep Kishen, Sudheer Babu are also young gen hero's who are popular but less popular than the star hero's sons. These 3 heroes have film background( Aadi is son of character artist saikumar , Sandeep kishrn is nephew of a famous camera man, sudheer Babu. Is Mahesh babu's aunt's son).

Other heros like Allari Naresh, Vijay Devarakonda(new sensation), Bellamkonda Srinivas, Gopichand, Srikanth are also well-known names in the industry.

PS- As for as fans thinking.. Mahesh babu, Pawan Kalyan, Jr.NTR, Allu Arjun are the top heros. But all the ppl whom I mentioned above have their own significance in the industry.
Siddharth is now mainly making films in Tamil and also all his movies aren't getting dubbed in Telugu. He is not in the race as of now. I'll make a post regarding the female actors sometime later.

Edited by Shona_V - 7 years ago
Shona_V thumbnail
The lines in ur signature pic abt BB.. They are sooo cool!!
smiley20 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shona_V

The sons of previous gen stars rule our Telugu film industry. Also, there are some actors who don't have any film background but has huge popularity.

The previous gen star heros are Chiranjeevi, Nagarjuna, Venkatesh, Balakrishna, Krishnan raju, Krishna and Mohanbabu.
Their sons and relatives enjoy star popularity and fan following.

Megastar Chiranjeevi family:
Pavan Kalyan( brother of chiranjeevi), Nagababu(brother of chiranjeevi but he is a character artist). Allu Arjun(nephew of chiranjeevi and son of allu Aravind(star producer)), Ram charan(son of chiranjeevi), Varun tej(son of nagababu), Sai dharam tej( chiranjeevi sister's son), Niharika(Nagababu's daughter).

Among all of them, Pawan Kalyan, Ram charan, allu Arjun have huge popularity. But Pawan Kalyan has tremendous popularity in youth because of his inspirational speeches and nature.

Nagarjuna family:
Nagarjuna( son of then Superstar ANR), Amala( wife of nagarjuna and mother of Akhil), Naga chaitanya( first son of nagarjuna), Akhil(son of nagarjuna and amala), Sumanth & Sushant(nephews of nagarjuna). Only nagarjuna, naga Chaitanya and Akhil are star heros in their family. Naga Chaitanya is engaged to south indian star heroine Samantha and their adorable Jodi had huge fan following. Akhil has more female fan following. Nagarjuna is also a producer and they own Annapurna studios.

Venkatesh family:

Venkatesh is son of star producer Daggubati Rama Naidu. Suresh babu, is brother of venkatesh and he is also a star producer. Rana is Suresh babu's son. I should mention here that Rana and Naga Chaitanya are cousins because nagarjuna married venkatesh's sister and Naga Chaitanya is nagarjuna's son from his first wife. Later they got divorced and nagarjuna married Amala. And also, Rana and Ram charan are classmates and besties from childhood.

Sr.NTR family:

Bala Krishna & hari krishna( sons of sr. NTR). Jr.NTR & Kalyan ram( sons of hari Krishna). Nara rohit( Nara Chandrababu naidu's brother's son. Chandrababu Naidu is AP Chief minister and son-in-law of Sr.NTR). Tarak ratna( cousin of Jr.NTR).
Among them, Bala Krishna, Jr.NTR has huge following...i meant very huge. Jr.NTR is presently hosting Bigg boss Telugu show.

Coming to krishnam raju, Krishna and Mohan babu's familes...

Prabhas is Krishnam raju brother's son. Well, he may be in a different race for you but there are many other heros in Telugu film industry who have more fan following than Prabhas. Now, Prabhas became a national wide celebrity due to Bahubali.

Mahesh babu is Krishna's son. Mahesh is the one in Telugu film industry who has more female fans than any other hero. He enjoys fan following from all sorts of people, may it be girls, boys, uncles or even heroines of south indian industry are huge fans of Mahesh babu.

Mohan babu has 2 sons and a daughter. Manoj & Vishnu are his sons. They have their own popularity. Lakshmi prasanna is his daughter, who enjoys a different kind of fan following. She is elder among the three but she is the one with more popularity than his brothers. She is a producer, heroine, also acted in negative roles and is a good friend to all the present gen heros and heroines of Telugu film industry.

Now coming to the actors who are not from the film background.. Nani, Sharwanand, Nikhil are the main actors who have huge fan following just like the star hero's sons.
Nani is in the top( atleast for me) because he can easily pull off any kind of role and he is very ground of earth. He has 7 consecutive blockbuster hit movies. Presently, he is enjoying the success of his seventh consecutive hit. He entered the industry as a clap assistant, assistant director and now he established himself as a successful actor and is so humble that everyone loves him. He is my personal favourite in our Telugu film industry. I can speak an entire day about him. I suggest you to watch his movies.

I think sharwanand has a lil' background but not sure. But he also has good popularity. Nikhil is well known for his versatile story selection and also has equal popularity.

Aadi SaiKumar, Sandeep Kishen, Sudheer Babu are also young gen hero's who are popular but less popular than the star hero's sons. These 3 heroes have film background( Aadi is son of character artist saikumar , Sandeep kishrn is nephew of a famous camera man, sudheer Babu. Is Mahesh babu's aunt's son).

Other heros like Allari Naresh, Vijay Devarakonda(new sensation), Bellamkonda Srinivas, Gopichand, Srikanth are also well-known names in the industry.

PS- As for as fans thinking.. Mahesh babu, Pawan Kalyan, Jr.NTR, Allu Arjun are the top heros. But all the ppl whom I mentioned above have their own significance in the industry.
Siddharth is now mainly making films in Tamil and also all his movies aren't getting dubbed in Telugu. He is not in the race as of now. I'll make a post regarding the female actors sometime later.

Sudheer babu isn't Mahesh's aunt son he is actually his brother-in-law ( married to his sister). And sharwanand is related to another hero Ram Pothineni( sharwanand sister is married to Ram's brother).
A part from the above mentioned there are few other hero's who also have their own popularity. They are Nithin( his father and sister are producers and he is big fan of Pawan Kalyan so half of his fandom are Pawan Kalyan fans) and Ram Pothineni( he is great dancer and his uncle is a famous producer sravanthi Ravi kishore. He is his brother's son).
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Thanks so much for explaining 🤗...I know abt the main Tollywood families ... came across when I started watching Telugu movies 😛

So Pawan Kalyan is like Salman ... super star

Is Allu Arjun bigger than Ram Charan ? Gopichand is also giving lots of hits right ?

I think Sid is not even doing good in Tamil cinema

How big is Rana ? How his movies do at the box office ? Does he guarantee good opening ?

btw I have seen Nani in Makhi , he was really good in that
TheRowdiest thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shona_V

The lines in ur signature pic abt BB.. They are sooo cool!!

Thanks 😛😳

Word Count: 1

smiley20 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: TheRowdiest

Thanks so much for explaining 🤗...I know abt the main Tollywood families ... came across when I started watching Telugu movies 😛

So Pawan Kalyan is like Salman ... super star

Not really! But he has fandom which is similar to Salman's. They are very protective of him and literally worship him like god and don't take anything against him. He is known for his kind and giving nature and also his care for his fans.

Is Allu Arjun bigger than Ram Charan ? Gopichand is also giving lots of hits right ?

Can't say that but All Arjun is a senior in industry compared to Ram Charan. By the time Ram Charan made his debut in 2007 All Arjun is already an established actor and he has got his big break they Arya(2004). Allu Arjun became popular bcoz of his selection of different type of characters,great dancing skills. He worked hard to reach the level he is in now. He has huge fandom irrespective of caste differences and all bcoz of the type of movies he did. He didn't limited to himself to any type of genre or anything like that. On other hand Ram Charan didn't do that much movies like Allu Arjun did. He has great fandom but he didn't do that different kind of roles like Allu Arjun did. Both are good actors and has great fandom following but can't compare them yet and also personally they share a very close bond.
Gopi Chand is also a very good actor. Although he comes from a film Back-Ground family he didn't got any support from the industry. His father used to be a big producer and known for the different kind of movies he did which are mostly lady-oriented. After his death he family wasn't that much involved in movies. He started his career as a villain(although he did a movie as hero before that but it was big flop he got recognised in the industry for his villain roles). After that he again turned in to her and got successful. He worked very hard to reach the level where he is now. Coming to his success Ratio he has got more hits but he takes long gaps between his movies. Even if all his movies are not hits most of them are averages.

I think Sid is not even doing good in Tamil cinema
I think so too but not sure..

How big is Rana ? How his movies do at the box office ? Does he guarantee good opening ?

Rana hails from a very popular family in tollywood who has a very good name in the industry. He is known for his friendly nature with all the young hero's not only in tollywood but also in various industries like for example in Tamil & Hindi. He started his career from Leader which is a big hit. A part from the he did two movies with very popular directors like Nenu Rakshasi with Puri Jaganath which is a big flop and Krishnam Vandhe Jagadhguram with Krish which is average but he was critically accalaimed for his performance. He received lot of accolades for his performance in that film and also Krish is a very good director. After that he did Naa Ishtam which is a Big flop and then you all know about his biggest hits Baahubali-1 & 2. He also did a Film called Ghazi-Attack a war film which is a hit. Now he is doing a film under Teja's direction named "Nene Raju Nene Manthri" starring Kajal Agarwal and Catherine Tresa as heroine's opposite him. He is also doing a Telugu TV Show named "No-1 Yaari" airing on Gemini TV on sunday's at 8.30 pm. He also did as a lead in few Tamil and Hindi movies. A part from all these he is also a visual effects producer and did visual effects for Mahesh Babu started "Sainikudu" for which he received a Nandi Award. Coming to his success ratio can't say abt that as he didn't do that many movies but he is appreciated for his acting skills in all his movies.
btw I have seen Nani in Makhi , he was really good in that
Really! It is a great movie btw it is also directed by Rajamouli. Watch his movie Gentle man u vl love his acting in that. He has shown different shades in that movie.

Word Count: 1

Shona_V thumbnail

Originally posted by: smiley20

Sudheer babu isn't Mahesh's aunt son he is actually his brother-in-law ( married to his sister). And sharwanand is related to another hero Ram Pothineni( sharwanand sister is married to Ram's brother).
A part from the above mentioned there are few other hero's who also have their own popularity. They are Nithin( his father and sister are producers and he is big fan of Pawan Kalyan so half of his fandom are Pawan Kalyan fans) and Ram Pothineni( he is great dancer and his uncle is a famous producer sravanthi Ravi kishore. He is his brother's son).

Oh yeah! How did I forget Ram and Nithin!!! Thanks for adding their names too!!
And also, thanks for the info abt sudheer babu and sharwanand. 😊
Shona_V thumbnail

I agree with smiley with every word in the reply!
And regarding Siddharth, yeah..he's not active in Tamil industry too. He, along with RJ Balaji(a popular RJ in Tamil and also a comedian cum character artist) lead volunteering teams during chennai-Cuddalore floods and ppl were moved by their helping nature because they helped evryone at ground level irrespective of their personal loss during those times. After that his movie Kalavathi-2 was released..and I don't know whether he has a release after kalavathi or not. Kalavathi was a hit though.
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Thanks so much Smiley and Shona 🤗...got the clear pic now
I watched his Bommarillu then and it was hit ... I used to think Sid has become really big in south until now 😆