Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

Originally posted by: MithiBani

BI...By 'wuv' I meant the crazy fangirls/fanboys who refuse to see reason coz they are obsessed with a celebrity. And YES, I strongly believe that believing that Gauri is 'self-made' is a delusion. Gauri is supported and propped up coz she stood by SRK. IMO, it arises from the blind bhakti...that perspective/opinion stems from SRK wuv. πŸ˜† It wouldn't exist if she had dumped his ass after his affair with PC. I strongly believe it is delusional both on Gauri and any ABCD's part to believe that she's a self-made designer. And I'd say this for any other star wives who claim to be self-made hotshots all the while relying on their husband's star power. They ride the hubby's coat-tails and then claim to be self-made. There is nothing wrong with working along side your hubby...like she's xyz at Red Chillies. That works. Coz if not that...what? But claiming to start from scratch and building this business all on her own is a joke. IMHO, anyone who believes that she gets work without SRK's name and star power is kidding/deluding himself/herself. There are star wives who started their careers while/before their hubbies became stars. They exist. Reena..a self made woman who travelled by local train to work even when Aamir was a huge star. Yet we don't see her tom-tomming about herself. Gauri seems desperate and wannabe-ish with all this drama.

As for my like/dislike for SRK...
I usually like the guy but am not a fan. Wish he does not ham as much as he does. Swades and Raju ban gaya remain my favs though.

We've known each other long. We indeed can say things to each other and GET it. :))

see...the logic that is given for the star kids...that they are what they are because of their lineage can be applied here too...I won't disagree that in the beginning Gauri could have set up an empire without SRK's help or name...of course being SRK the superstar's wife helped her...but there is a limit to it...she couldn't go on and on just because of SRK's name...how many projects would SRK get her...it is even ridiculous to think that SRK would go begging for projects for her from the rich and powerful...I have to believe that after a while its her own work that takes her places...SRK's name attached to her is merely a cherry on the top...doesn't change the taste of the dessert...merely enhances the looks...but if the ice cream is bitter you won't eat it because of the cherry...that is all ...her work should not be only passed of that it was and is SRK's power.

rahi baat wuv and haterzz ki...I also do the same on other threads...ki lo aa gaye SRK haterzz...or I love SRK...but it depends on the threads...and its done on a lighter noteπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...but sometimes and from some members the same feels awkward...sorry if I offended youπŸ˜›
d-_-b thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
When even normal upper middle class is now doing lots of things for the improvement of the society, like volunteering , donating money and time to shelters etc, I wish these star wives would take a leaf out of the life of Sudha Murthy/Kiran Shaw and do some philanthropic work. 

Interior design, jewelry designing , candle making etc seems like just a facade to socialize amongst their own circle. "You buy my jewelry, I will get interiors done by you" types. How many times can you meet the same group of women and drink/have fun with them. 
zaroonkashaf thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
So let me get this straight some here actually think people would not have the opinions they do about Gauri if they weren't fans of Shahrukh..bravo on that logic! Some of us are capable of seeing her as an individual in her own right rather than just seeing her as Shahrukh's wife. As for this notion that we are defending her because we are fans of Shahrukh so would defend pretty much anyone and everyone related to him...what kind of effed up rationale is that man. Esp when a lot of us have called him out on his shenanigans to say the least.

As for riding his coat-trails...ha! The woman at one point was working for an export firm in Bombay. This is for folks who talk about knowing facts. She has also done a course from NIFT , again for folks who talk about facts. Just because she left her home and shifted with Shahrukh to Bombay so that he could pursue his dreams doesn't mean she didn't have dreams of her own or passions of her own. Art is something she has talked about so often in her interviews! Hell..Shahrukh has talked about Gauri painting and what not.

Just because a woman chooses to put her passions and dreams on the backburner for awhile, doesn't mean they didn't exist or came out of the blue. Yeah...they will seem like they came out of the blue to those who have no idea about her backstory.

As for blind bhakti ...sure! πŸ˜† Apparently when logic goes out the window then term it whatever you want to invalidate the rest of the opinions.

As for her being a producer in RCE , she is on record stating all she does is sign cheques. She has never pretended like she is involved in the creative process of film making. But when it comes to design , her passion has been apparent to anyone who has read or come across even a few interviews of hers.

Some of us really are deluding ourselves , since that seems to be the word of the moment , if they think she is getting every project out there due to Shahrukh being her husband. People apparently have too much money to throw away so they are hiring her despite having ample choices out there! πŸ˜† Most of the things she has designed , one doesn't even hear about as they aren't featured in the media. Once in awhile she'll design something that does feature because it happens to a star's home or a lounge/bar/restaurant at a happening location  in Bombay.
Edited by zaroonkashaf - 6 years ago
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: glace-bleue

see...the logic that is given for the star kids...that they are what they are because of their lineage can be applied here too...I won't disagree that in the beginning Gauri could have set up an empire without SRK's help or name...of course being SRK the superstar's wife helped her...but there is a limit to it...she couldn't go on and on just because of SRK's name...how many projects would SRK get her...it is even ridiculous to think that SRK would go begging for projects for her from the rich and powerful...I have to believe that after a while its her own work that takes her places...SRK's name attached to her is merely a cherry on the top...doesn't change the taste of the dessert...merely enhances the looks...but if the ice cream is bitter you won't eat it because of the cherry...that is all ...her work should not be only passed of that it was and is SRK's power.[/DIV]

rahi baat wuv and haterzz ki...I also do the same on other threads...ki lo aa gaye SRK haterzz...or I love SRK...but it depends on the threads...and its done on a lighter noteπŸ˜†πŸ˜†...but sometimes and from some members the same feels awkward...sorry if I offended youπŸ˜›

When Gauri gets hired, she brings a LOT to the table...

1. SRK's star power and support. He might show up to promote his wife's design and that gets you massive publicity.
2. The Bolly brigade to show up and support her.
3. Grabs eyeballs coz the King's wife deigned to step down from her throne and design your lowly abode.

Heck, anyone would hire her. LOTS of advantages. Her work gets bashed but she continues to get it. I have seen better interior designers struggle. She has the edge and that edge is called SRK!

No. You did not offend me at all.   :)) πŸ˜›

And yeah...works for starkids too. You think Junior B would still be here if he wasn't Big B's son? πŸ˜†Edited by MithiBani - 6 years ago
MithiBani thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: d-_-b

When even normal upper middle class is now doing lots of things for the improvement of the society, like volunteering , donating money and time to shelters etc, I wish these star wives would take a leaf out of the life of Sudha Murthy/Kiran Shaw and do some philanthropic work.

Interior design, jewelry designing , candle making etc seems like just a facade to socialize amongst their own circle. "You buy my jewelry, I will get interiors done by you" types. How many times can you meet the same group of women and drink/have fun with them.

All of these so-called 'successful' wives are social butterflies. Sudha Murty/Kiran Shaw ban-ne mein 10 janam lagenge in shallow women ko. πŸ€”
BeEverVectorMan thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
lets say Sachin , he opened the restaurant on various places ...did it worked, NO so to survive even Star kids will have to perform or anyone...Gauri might have got Start due to SRK but... 
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: charminggenie

MB, most of them hire her for a bit and then give excuses of vaastu etc and get it changed. All her contacts are because she is Mrs SRK. Lets not delude ourselves about how networking works in that quarter and it's not a profession but a hobby which gives her access to a social strata. Or does work for industralists whose wives want access to her kitty group...haha. πŸ˜† 

There is no difference between Meera and Gauri. Nothing bad in it, girl gotta enjoy her lifestyle but I will never buy this woe be my worklife and I am so hardworking , I am a professional..yada yada . πŸ˜†

+1

⭐️ Even Gauri's best friend KJo changed her scary design citing some vastu excuse.

As for Mira, nobody's going to seek her design as she's no Mrs. SRK. So she's trying hard to be popular by giving random motherhood interviews.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
You know there is a difference between having a career & identity and being good at it. I feel that some people are being a bit too harshly critical about Gauri. 
Of course, Gauri Khan is a well-known name because of the superstar brand that is Shahrukh Khan. Of course, Gauri Khan gets work and attention because of being Shahrukh's wife and not on her own merit. Of course, without her star husband, at least 99% of her clientele would be non-existent.

However, we do not know who Gauri Khan would be if Shahrukh was average Joe Schmo. Would she be an interior designer or follow another career path? Would she be a subpar designer or actually work hard and be good because she needs to invest sweat equity to get clients? Would she have finally been an individual outside her husband's shadow?

It would be pure speculation to assume any of these answers.

It is unbecoming of Gauri Khan to take credit of her career without acknowledging Shahrukh's marquee role in it. It is also unbecoming of anyone to deny she is an individual outside her star marriage.

Every human being needs a self-identity to preserve their humanity and dignity. They need to not be a spouse, a parent, a child or a sibling, but be their own self. Gauri deserves to be recognized as an individual, so does Meera, or Suhana, or Aryan, or anyone we recognize as a celebrity spouse or child. Nepotism is a blessing and a curse. It guarantees career and success sometimes without talent. But it is a curse because it erases individuality and makes people "someone's someone" rather than their own self. 

So, in my opinion, Gauri Khan has her own identity as Gauri Khan outside of her marriage. She has her own career and passion which she works hard towards. Maybe she is not good at what she does. But it is who she is. 
springkissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@return_to_hades: You always have such level headed answers, it's always a pleasure reading them! :)
On topic, I find nothing wrong with what gauri said. Proud of her for going after her career with gusto after raising her kids, irrespective of the quality of her work, one can not deny that now she has a working self identity outside of being SRK's wife. No matter if she is good or not, it does not take away the fact that she is working hard towards making something of herself in the interior designing world and that in itself gives her an individuality.