Arrange Marriage-..(Jai/Venella) Updated Pg 14

Laddoo.Phaddoo thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 6 years ago

A r r a n g e  M a r r i a g e ( Jai-Venella/Veena )

Random Scenes

Its been a month they were married and still going through the adjusting process..
Jai is a middle class background boy who lives in city alone leaving his family in a small town.At 29 he is matured,handsome,intelligent and currently doing job in  IT firm earning good enough for his family.Marriage was in his cards but he was always sure his family would be the one choosing the right girl for him and he would lead a happy forever kind of life after that.Things happened and in a week time he was married to Venella/Veena who by nature is a very sweet and shy type of girl.

The only common thing between the two souls was their background..both were from middle class families and so they believed it would click.After completing her medical studies Venella/Veena was doing internship in one of the well known hospitals. 

Day 31...8pm... 

He came home and directly entered his room.Loosening his tie and keeping the shoes in proper place he undid first few buttons of his shirt... 

V-ppani... 

J-thanks... 

A moment of awkward silence..ahh it was nothing new for them... 

V-mm...khana laga dun?

J- nai...woh..actually aaj kuch important clients aye huey thay na to...dinner..wahi kar liya and..

V- ohh..its ok...

J-tumm..kha lo...main fresh ho leta hu... ... 

After keeping the leftover food in the fridge she turned off the light and made herself a cup of strong coffee...a  much needed thing for her... 

V-amma...you know na this is the only time when I get to study...phir bhi you call at this hour..every night...

V's mother: Venella/veena Iam your amma..I have to think about you..and this is wrong..your husband comes home after working whole day and you get busy with books..you should be giving him time..I never did this with your Naanna(father)...kaisa lagta hoga Jai ko...

V-kaisa lagna hai..he must be feeling tired amma and so sleeps early..this is normal you see...I never get your logic...ahh now you sleep its late..I have to study...

V's mother: tumhara kuch nai ho sakta..kaise samjhaun main tumko...

V-goodnight amma...

Something she has got  used to since the time she joined hospital back after her marriage...she never got this logic of her mother how she was every time - "be with your husband sit with him talk with him...he must have been tired after long hectic day"..
Wasnt she also working whole day?well at times she had to attend night duties or emergency calls...will he sacrifice his sleep for her?or consider her state of being tired..ohh 

Seems like the shower relaxed his muscles which were aching after whole day's stress and work...the day had been a long one and hectic too...curse his boss who was so eager to make him stay for the night for some official party...but he no strength...Folding the sleeves of his white shirt his eyes scanned the room and a dejected look appeared on his face...plainly avoiding it he pressed the button on his phone and a light smile appeared on his face...

Jai-Oh..finally someone got time haa...

From other end:I wasn't at fault ok.. marriage and everything..literally got me all

J-Yeah yeah..I can understand..ab doston ki yaad kahan ayegi..biwi jo mil gayi...

Friend: Jai come on sorry yaar...tujhe to pata hai na..Isha ke gharwale..they are party people...food and party..that's how I survived all thse days..finally got the chance to go for honeymoon...imagine dude..for 20 days..heaven..

J- how did you manage ..your boss?i mean 20 days...too much yaar... 

Friend: oh..these 20 days felt like 20 hours Jai..let me tell you..this blissful thing called marriage changed my life..I can't tell you like you got to feel such things..well kisey samjha raha hu main...teri bhi to shaadi hui hai..honeymoon phase over??

J-huh honeymoon... 

friend-what?

J-Bhai hum aam admi...we have to think 100 times before applying for leave..and Venella/veena won't get leave so easily..her internship period so..

friend-hmmm chal...phir mil to sakte hai na?ek kaam kar kal mere ghar aja bhabhi ko leke...Isha bhi mil lengi unsey...wat say? 

J-haa yeh ho sakta hai... 
done...see ya... ... 

From past one hour she was fidgeting with the pages in the book...her hair was all messed up and coffee still untouched... 

V-ahh..nahi ana ab mujhko yeh samajh...aghh

aa ahemm... 

He saw her fighting with the book while she adjusted her dupatta realizing his presence...

J-mmm..busy?

V-nahi...machchar maar rahi hu.. 

J-sorry? 

V-nahi woh..bass..kuch kaam tha?

J-haa..problem na ho to..5 minute baar kar ley..? 

She was slowly taking sips from the coffee mug and it was evident on her face she was nervous...they were sitting on the small balcony of their room...the place was small but two chairs were given as Jai loves sitting there in early morning...

J-aa..ahemm...tumhe raat ko neend ajati hai?

V-jii?

J-nai I mean..yeh coffee ki wajah se...caffeine..normally people take this to avoid sleep..

V-this has been my habit since medical days..when I used to study for exams..I got used to it...

J-hmm...pata nahi loug kaise yeh karvi(bitter) chees hazam kar lete hai...mujhe to smell hee ajeeb lagti hai...

V-tumne kabhi taste kiya hai?

J-kya?coffee?thank you...issey dur rahu to hee acha hai...

After a silence of few minutes she gathered some courage to...speak...

V- tumhe kuch baat karni thi?

J-haa woh...actually main tumhe kuch zyada hee bore kar raha hu kya?

V-arey nahi...main to isliye keh rahi thi ke..aap ke sone ka waqt ho raha hai...phir subah uthna 

J-relax..mujhe bhi raat ko zinda rehne ki adat hai...๐Ÿ˜†

He flashed his dimpled smile and for first time in this one month she was observing her own husband...his face...he was indeed handsome...

J-.ahemm haa to main kya kehne wala tha..mera ek dost hai...Shravan...uski bhi shaadi hui humse 1 mahiney pehle...woh humari shaadi bhi attend nahi kar paya to kal...dinner pe bulaya hai...chalogi tum?

V- mm..kal...kitne bajey?

J-dinner...shaam ko hee karte hai...usually

V-.sorry..I mean...kal 6 baje ke baad hee free houngi...actually hospital ki duties...

J-its okay...main tumhe pick kar lunga...koi problem to nahi hogi na?

V-naii...problem kaisi..

J-cool...then...so jaen?

V-haa?

J-sona...?nahi hai?

V-haaan...

Goshh..he was gone...she took a breath of relief while he left with a confusing smile..

3 am at night...bedroom...

It was his habit since childhood to keep on changing sides on the bed till he feels comfortable enough to sleep...this was a reason for which he preferred sleeping alone without having anyone beside him on same bed...but...
he has his wife now...can he really ask her to shift to other bed or out of their room๐Ÿ˜†?Every night same problem...feeling her weight beside him he closed his eyes and acted as if he was lost in deep slumber...finally when she switched off the side lamp he was convinced to open his eyes...taking a sigh he checked the time and stared at her sleeping peacefully...

After applying gel on his hair and fixing the tie...he finished his tea and neatly kept the newspaper on the side table...He was searching for something on the cupboard...

J-shit...kaha rakh diya yaar...kaam ke time koi chees nahi milni hai...

He was definitely not in good mood now...

V-tumhare glasses...kal...balcony mein miley mujhe...

J-ohh...thankyouuu...u saved me...kuch zyada hee bhulakkar ho jaraha hun ajkal...

V-kuch aur bhi bhoolna hai ab?

J-now what?

He was seriously on some amnesia spree nowLOL...

V-aaj office mein koi special day hai...jaha jootein(shoes) nahi chappal(slippers๐Ÿ˜†) allowed hai?

She was trying her best to hide that smile on her face...but it was a sight to watch out for...yes..he was still on his slippers with formals...

Shravan-Hahahahha...sach mein yaar..teri to 30 din mein hawa nikal gayi...office mein chappal(slippers)...

J-ab adjust karne mein time to lagta hai...

Shravan-haa haa...these are all talks man.adjustments karo yeh woh..ab mujhe hee dekh le...arrange marriage hui hai per kaun kahega...

He winked at his wife who was busy serving the guests outside in the big lawn...the party was on full swing...Shravan invited few of his friends...and Jai had common friends there...

Shravan-see...how she blushed...sunn...yeh jo ladkiyaan hai na...inki expectations shaadi se itni hee hoti hai...itna kar de pagal ho jana hai...aur phir tu to humare college ka desired banda tha...yaad nahi?Hot body..looks and all...

J-tu bhi na...sudharna nahi hai kabhi...

Dressed in a green kanjivaram silk she  looked simple yet beautiful...a pair of earrings and the small wedding chain adorned her neck...light makeup with long silky hair left open...and the glow on her face was gave her the newly wedded look...

Isha-ohoo.staring at whom ha?yeh nazrein kisiko dhund rahi hai..

V-nahi..main woh...

I-arey relax...main na ..kuch bhi bol deti hu...Shravan mere husband...unka bhi yehi kehna hai...mind mat karna ok?khaer...bari sundar lag rahi ho aaj...lagta hai newly weds ka tag ab tak hataa nahi hai...haa.๐Ÿ˜‰..

V-mmm...?

I-ahahahah...dekho zara laal par rahi ho tum...yeh sharam...

They were back from the party and she was sitting in front of the dressing table removing her accessories...Shravan and his wife were good souls but too loud for her...specially the part where every now and then they have to blurt out something very personal in front of so many people and leaving her in embarrassment...she was  thinking how Jai managed to hang out with such people?was he like them only...or he was different?how would she know...she barely spends time with him...but he looked reserved..well..

He was buttoning up his shirt...getting all ready for sleep when noticed a button missing from it...he tucked the lower buttons but the first two ones were missing...

J-ahh..perfect timing..

V-kya hua?

J-kuch nahi woh...button...toot gaya hai shayad...main laga leta hu...

V-tum is waqt button lagaoge?ata hai?(do you know how to..)

J-kyun..nahi ana chahiye?(what do you think?)

He sounded cheesy for a change...which made her conscious...they were not used to having such convo...since last night she noticed this change in him...it was good in a way..as she wanted to know him more...what his real personality is...

J-ouchh...

V-iss waqt button nahi lagaane se kaunsa pahar toot parhna tha...

She checked his finger holding it with her soft hand and her touch got him conscious...he looked at her face...and for first time observed...his wife was so beautiful...cuteness...innocence was visible on her face...

V-.aaj aise hee rehne do..main kal lagaa dungi...button...

J-naii...wohh...main karlunga...actually mujhe adat nahi hai...is tarah soney ki..as in...bina button ke I feel weird๐Ÿ˜†...

V-ajeeb kyu?uparwala hee to hai..aur kisey dekhna hai iss waqt...tumhe phirse lag jayegi rehne do..

J-its ok..I will manage...

Last ten minutes left a dreamy smile on his face...he could feel her breathe on his neck and the heat was still there on his face...he touched the button which was finally on its place thanks to her...poor girl was having hard time in sewing that thing back to its place...it was awkward for both of them and he did feel like stopping her but then...his heart didnt let him do that...this awkwardness has to melt or else things would never progress in their relationship...

The same case was with her...she changed to her simple kurti which was a night wear for her...she could still feel his gaze...how he was staring at her face when she was busy sewing the button...

Next morning he was up a bit early for a change and also looked fresh...after so long he felt light and not sleep derived...taking sips from the cup of tea he was reading the newspaper when heard the tinkling sound...she was up...so early?

Surprisingly she joined him in the balcony having her cup of coffee...how did things changed overnight?woww...

V-goodmorning...

J-mm...morning...
isn't it early for you?duty hai?

V-nai woh...socha ke jaldi uthkey dekh lu..amma hamesha kaha karti thi ke kabhi jaldi uthkey dekhna...poori duniya jaagti hai to tum bhi jaago itna bura nahi lagta...๐Ÿ˜†

Her voice was getting the pitch now..not shaky anymore and he liked it...he finished the tea and she was about to leave when...

J-aaa...Venella/veena?

V-haa

tJ-hanks...

V-kkis liye?

J-kal..mere pillows change karne ke liye...achi neend ayi...

She smiled for a moment and started playing with her fingers...

J-jiss problem ka solution saalon se nahi dhund paya main...tumne 30 dinon(days) mein kaise dhund liya?

V-sits simple...in 30 dinon mein bhaley humne baatein ki ho na ho...per ek dusre ki aadaton ko to observe kiya hee hai...aurrr...mjhe laga shayad isse apko achi neend ajaye aur bhoolne ki bimaari bhi...๐Ÿ˜†

She bit her lip cursing her fat mouth...when felt him gazing at her...it was a different feeling...

J-well..Iam two steps ahead of you then...

V- kaise?

J-30 dinon mein woh kar diya...jo amma na kar saki...subah coffee peena?not your type..right?

He left giving her a cheeky smile...and she shook her head...๐Ÿ˜ณ

A random and typical thing๐Ÿ˜†too short..wanted to write more but ๐Ÿฅฑ
-Laddoo

U p d a t e s : Pg 1,3 , 6,10,11,14
Edited by Laddoo.Phaddoo - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MeenuCrazyPanda thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Aww.. Now that was so cute๐Ÿ˜ณ
Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Awww I could totally picturise Jai and Veena! You wrote such perfect dialogues for them yaar!! The way you portrayed every scene was so cute! Hahahahaha office me chappal!!! I just love you for writing this piece! Jai's dialogues were so apt as if only Jai could tell them. "Button lagaani aati hai? " " kyun...nhi aana chahiye? " Hahahahaha!  Perfect piece! Thank you so much for the PM! 
poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
This is so sweet, can easily visualise Jai and Vennela in this setting. Observing each other, learning each other's habits, adapting to each other ... what a pleasant sigh!
Thanks for writing this Laddoo ๐Ÿ˜Š
sri_divya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Awww its chooo chweeett
Please continue itt ๐Ÿ˜›
aaradhaya1688 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
Awe that was super duper cute 
U have to write more of this u HAVE TO 
Atleast complete this dont leave in the middle  hanging
Ps:thanks for the pm
bahubalifan thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Arranged marriage - This is more romantic than a love marriage !!   ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ Loved the 'button' romance. They were so cute !! Pls write more... ๐Ÿ‘
sandhiya_1195 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
That was pure bliss ๐Ÿ˜›
 Please continue further !!
Edited by sandhiya_1195 - 6 years ago
GrilledCheese thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
so beautiful.. enjoyed reading! wish there's was more..
thanks for the pm!
RyReyFics thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This was very cute and realistic. ๐Ÿ˜ณ You should write more! Would love to see how their relationship develops from arranged to full blown inseparable love!