poetic thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Dear Friends,

A short OS on Amara-Deva. Had posted it on the BB2 thread earlier, so some of you may have read the same.

Amara-Deva are my favourite characters, hence writing for them is always a pleasure.

Hope you all enjoy.

๐Ÿ˜Š

Love Always

"Deva, Deva" he called excitedly, as he entered their hut, banging his head on the top frame of the door for the umpteenth time.

"Be careful Amara ..." her voice was laced with deep concern, as she walked towards him, now reaching for his forehead.

He grinned at her cool touch, as she massaged the spot where he had hit his head. Their eyes met for a split second, and silence ensued, only to be broken by their united laughter.

He took hold of her hand and guided her to the cot, kissing her forehead gently as she sat down, her hand now resting on her swollen belly.

"What is it Amara?" she asked, as he knelt down in front of her. She knew he had something to tell, his eyes were shining in excitement.

I got you these' he held out his other hand proudly. She smiled as she took in the sight and fragrance of the jasmine gajra (garland) in his hand. Her happiness matched his and she looked at him proudly. He stood up and garlanded her braid; once done, she pulled him to sit beside her.

"I love it"' she said simply, reaching up to cup his cheek, as she inhaled deeply. He silently kissed her palm and looked up, his eyes now sad.

"I wish I could have done better" he indicated towards the gajra, as his eyes swept across their small abode.

Devsena sighed.

Moving closer to him, she rested her head on his shoulder, his arms now going around her, as his cheek rested on top of her head.

After a moment, she asked him

"Tell me something Amara, I know you miss her. But do you miss the palace, do you miss being the King?"

His response was instantaneous as he shook his head in negation

"I don't miss any material comforts, nothing. You are with me here ... that's all that matters"

"But I sense a but there ... Amara" she gently prodded him, her hand gently massaging his back.

He smiled, nothing could go past his wife. His Devsena.

"... But I miss you being the Queen of Mahishmati"

She smiled knowingly.

"But I am a Queen already" her eyes sparkled.

He looked down and caressed her face,

"Yours ..." she whispered, as he bent down to capture her lips.

The sudden crack of lightning lit up their humble abode and they broke the kiss, their faces now tinged in varying shades of scarlet.

"It's going to rain" Devsena said, as she struggled to stand up. In her advanced stage of pregnancy, Amara had been her constant companion, as a husband, a friend, a lover ... and all that love and caring overwhelmed her. And made her realise how lucky she had been to have him as her partner. For life.

"Amara ... I want to get wet" she exclaimed as the downpour started.

He shook his head in negation

"No Deva, it's both dark and slippery outside ... it's too risky. Am not going to allow this"

"The first rains Amara" she insisted, like a child.

He held her hand and led her out to the verandah.

"You can enjoy the rains from here. I promise you Deva, once our child is born, I won't stop you from anything"

She sighed, he was right after all. She stood there yearning for the cool droplets to touch her body and refurbish her soul.

"I miss getting wet ..." she said slowly.

His arms went around her shoulder protectively,

What else do you miss Deva?'

She held his fingers tightly, and smiled as she saw now children emerging from the adjoining huts, laughing as they let themselves get drenched in the rains.

"You are here Amara. I have everything. Of course, I yearned for a Mother's love and often thought of how it would be ... I thought I would find her here ..."

Her words trailed off as his arm tightened across her shoulder. After a while she continued

"I am sorry Amara, I took you away from yours ... I wonder how good a Mother I would be ..."

He couldn't bear the sadness anymore. He cupped her face in his palms and said

"You took away nothing. I stood up for my dharma. My dharma is you Devsena ..."

She leant forward and pecked at his lips. He was surprised; she was like that elusive rainbow that filled up his life in all hues.

His eyebrows shot up questioningly

"Happy Birthday my dear Husband, I have been waiting for you for so long to return home" she said, her happiness now radiating through her countenance.

" And I have a surprise for you" she smiled impishly, as she held his hand and guided her inside the hut. Making him sit down on the cot once again, she slowly moved towards the other end of the hut. She returned with a small bowl in her hand, he could already inhale the divine smell of payasam, and his mouth watered. She knew he had a sweet tooth alright.

He helped her sit down

"I could manage only this" she smiled, as she offered him a helping.

"The best payasam in the world, I love it" he said, as he happily accepted the second offering.

He then touched her stomach lovingly

"Little fellow. Do you want to taste this payasam as well? Your Mother happens to be the best cook around"

His words were answered by a sharp kick and Devsena guffawed.

"You child is surely one cheeky fellow Amara"

He laughed along with her, as he took the bowl, proceeding to feed her as well.

A few hrs later

They huddled closer in the small cot as the rains and thunder strikes intensified. Devsena lay her head on his chest and looked out, his fingers combing through her now open hair, revealing in their soft feel.

After an eternity, he asked

"What did you give up today for that extra milk? And all those ingredients?"

She smiled

"I am sleepy Amara. Both of you are hell bent on keeping me awake"

He pulled her closer and kissed her forehead, in the dark.

Devsena's eyes flitted to the sole illuminated part of the room, the diya still burning in front of the deity. The flickering light of the diya did not tamp down the sheer intensity of the small brass container resting by the Mother Goddess, in place of the golden cocoon, gifted by her sister in law.

Rather, the vermilion it held was invaluable. Priceless. Precious.

She smiled and shut her eyes, as their child kicked her once more, making his presence felt.

The End

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sri_divya thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Lovely os dear ๐Ÿ‘
This would have been the scene if amara didnt die
Those little momennts made my day ๐Ÿ˜ณ
poetic thumbnail

Originally posted by: sri_divya

Lovely os dear ๐Ÿ‘
This would have been the scene if amara didnt die
Those little momennts made my day ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Yes absolutely. ๐Ÿ˜ณ I so wish that we could have witnessed these short moments of happiness for them. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
RyReyFics thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
So here you are with another OS. ~sigh~ Oh what can I say? I've got that silly grin on my face again. And this time, it's not because of our silly ol' Mr. Voyeur Bhalla. But those adorable moments between Amarendra and Devasena. โ˜บ๏ธ (something tells me that Bhalla was spying on this too, gnashing his teeth in fury. LOL!!!) ๐Ÿ˜†
Right from the beginning, Devasena knew that her son would be a cheeky fellow. And that he is! LOL! If you'd noticed in the movie, Amarendra's and Mahendra's (Sivudu) smiles were different (though portrayed by the same person). It's hard to describe Amara's smile, it was more noble, mature, sensitive. But Sivudu's was cheeky - naughty little rascal! LOL!
poetic thumbnail

Originally posted by: RyReyFics

So here you are with another OS. ~sigh~ Oh what can I say? I've got that silly grin on my face again. And this time, it's not because of our silly ol' Mr. Voyeur Bhalla. But those adorable moments between Amarendra and Devasena. โ˜บ๏ธ (something tells me that Bhalla was spying on this too, gnashing his teeth in fury. LOL!!!) ๐Ÿ˜†

Right from the beginning, Devasena knew that her son would be a cheeky fellow. And that he is! LOL! If you'd noticed in the movie, Amarendra's and Mahendra's (Sivudu) smiles were different (though portrayed by the same person). It's hard to describe Amara's smile, it was more noble, mature, sensitive. But Sivudu's was cheeky - naughty little rascal! LOL!

I know we can make BB3 based on Amara-Deva's love story and their moments.

Yes. Amarendra and Mahendra are two different individuals and Prabhas did justice to both

But, but, but ... Amarendra has my heart. ๐Ÿ˜ณ And Devsena's โ˜บ๏ธ
RyReyFics thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: poetic

I know we can make BB3 based on Amara-Deva's love story and their moments. Oh, I so agree to this! We really should! Kinda missed it in the movie.

Yes. Amarendra and Mahendra are two different individuals and Prabhas did justice to both So very true!

But, but, but ... Amarendra has my heart. ๐Ÿ˜ณ And Devsena's โ˜บ๏ธ Same here. ~blush blush~

poetic thumbnail

Thanks a lot ๐Ÿ˜Š
Laddoo.Phaddoo thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Such an amazing piece of writing...you made me speechless...wish if we would have got even a glimpse of such scenes on screen..never mind thanks to brilliant writers like you we can enjoy now๐Ÿ˜ณKeep writing please...if you don't mind can I request for something..if possible try to write a small scene on Amara-Deva like when Devsena lets him know about her pregnancy..or any scene would do for me๐Ÿ˜†that is if you get any ideas...I need to re read this

-Laddoo

poetic thumbnail

Originally posted by: Laddoo.Phaddoo

Such an amazing piece of writing...you made me speechless...wish if we would have got even a glimpse of such scenes on screen..never mind thanks to brilliant writers like you we can enjoy now๐Ÿ˜ณKeep writing please...if you don't mind can I request for something..if possible try to write a small scene on Amara-Deva like when Devsena lets him know about her pregnancy..or any scene would do for me๐Ÿ˜†that is if you get any ideas...I need to re read this

-Laddoo

Thank you so much ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I will try to write something on those lines for sure, let me think a bit. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Meanwhile, you need to write the next one pl. Whenever you are ready.
Edited by poetic - 7 years ago
aaradhaya1688 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
This one is certainely one of ur best girl
Ive read it so many times ive lost count