Does Simran always stand for the truth?

vvrsun thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 19 years ago

From what I've seen so far, she seems more to hide the truth than fight for it. It is said that white lies for the greater good is acceptable, but how many people benefit from hiding the facts in this serial?

First she hides Astha's birth details from her. then she hides Radha's condition from Astha, now she hides Sia's true identity from her. Astha is young and can take stress unlike Saurabh and Simran and others of their age. So who is benefitting?

This last lie can be the final straw that breaks away Astha completely from Simran.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Akshata thumbnail

[vvsrun wrote:From what I've seen so far, she seems more to hide the truth than fight for it. It is said that white lies for the greater good is acceptable, but how many people benefit from hiding the facts in this serial?]

Good point. At this point of time, I think Simran should take a stand and tell everyone the truth.Let everyone learn to face the facts of life and cope.If Abhi has truely matured then let him come back to civilization and deal with the problems.

cheers

akshata

aasmaan thumbnail

totally agree... you hope she would have learned after the Astha messup.. but even now she is hiding Sia identity and ensuring that there is another round of outburst from Aastha...

frosty thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
I am and have always been a great advocate and supporter of Simran's.
Today though I am very disappointed with her. She needs to realise that
she has an obligation towards Sia, Astha, Saurabh, Abhi's parents and
herself to tell the truth. Yes, Astha may not be too thrilled with the idea
and she may throw a tantrum, but hiding facts is not going to serve any
purpose. It is obvious that Astha still resents Simran, does Simran not
realise that it is because she hid facts from her. The repercussions of this
action of Simran's - not telling Astha about her father and Sia - will just
make this situation worse. Simran needs to face the fact that Abhi is a
coward and an escapist and that he is NEVER going to return to take on
responsibilty and tell this to everyone concerned. She is not only hiding
the truth from Astha and being unfair to her, but she is depriving Sia of
the love of her mother and grandparents. Abhi's parents deserve to know
that their son is alright and they and Saurabh also need to meet their
grandchild who had been seperated from them. Today, I am sad to say, I
was disappointed in Simran.
Edited by frosty - 19 years ago
Akshata thumbnail

I agree with most of the things rak201 and frosty have said. Especially with what rak201 said about Simran being a normal person who is sometimes right and wrong at other times.

I like to watch serials that show the main protaganist as normal persons.

Akshata

principessa thumbnail

I agree with you guys.. Simran keeps hiding the truth.. I noticed that instead of facing the problems that might happen because of the truth, she simply hides it.. Mainly because of Astha, and her behaviour.. She doesn't want to lose her, but at the same time, she is being unfair to every single person involved..

Simran accused Abhi as an escapiest, but she forgot herself that she is an escapiest as well, by hiding the truth she simply doesn't wanna face the problems..

Yes, I agree she is a normal person, but at her age, I think she should have learnt something from what happened in her life..

Still, I find her wise in dealing with some situation, mainly, as rak201 said, in advicing people.. She is able to collect people around her, and this is a gift...

Akshata thumbnail

principessa wrote:

[Still, I find her wise in dealing with some situation, mainly, as rak201 said, in advicing people.. She is able to collect people around her, and this is a gift...]

I also feel that Simran has always given advice to people who have looked upto her or have come to her for help. Except in Neha-Abhi's case I did not find her interfering.Manas and she had a rare understanding where both took the liberty of giving advice when needed without being asked.

Both Manas and Simran lost a lot when they parted ways...unfortunately both hit below the belt.(Although I felt Simran was wrong in expecting Manas to come back to Urmilla.)

Akshata