Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sarcy thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago
Makes sense about the terrible writing - but sometimes you just do not want to look at that terrible writing and this you don't have even let it out on paper and unfortunately, it keeps festering like an open wound until you are forced to clean it. Sorry for the random analogy, I'm half sleepy. 🤣

I'll give the idea of an Os/TS a shot and see if that takes care of the ideas that I have. ;)
twerping thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: -Sarcy-

Makes sense about the terrible writing - but sometimes you just do not want to look at that terrible writing and this you don't have even let it out on paper and unfortunately, it keeps festering like an open wound until you are forced to clean it. Sorry for the random analogy, I'm half sleepy. 🤣

I'll give the idea of an Os/TS a shot and see if that takes care of the ideas that I have. ;)

Haha! No no..the analogy made sense and being so graphic, successfully drove home the point! 😆
But I guess,.in that case, we need to start deleting stuff we write as well. Which means we need to try and distance ourselves emotionally from our writing.
This is something I find very difficult to do. Once I have written something, struggled through the process of translating the thoughts into a piece of writing, be it a paragraph or a few lines...I find it next to impossible to edit it out.
This I know is a bad thing and makes my writing a bit clunky, full of details that I could very well do without. This is another reason why I am working on this OS. I want to stop feeling so attached to my own writing and if you limit yourself in terms of length of the narrative, it can get easier to start editing out sections.
Sarcy thumbnail
I'm also quite attached to my writing but my problem arises from the fact that I just cannot bring myself to write the words down till I am satisfied with thm in my head. This is the most tedious of writing processes, I feel, and I really struggle to change it. I can never just write and then edit.
twerping thumbnail

I'm also quite attached to my writing but my problem arises from the fact that I just cannot bring myself to write the words down till I am satisfied with thm in my head. This is the most tedious of writing processes, I feel, and I really struggle to change it. I can never just write and then edit.

Ahhh! You should try free writing then! Seriously! It can help you, over time, to find an easier rhythm. I think what you experience might be owing to extreme self-consciousness. But if you forget the fact that what you write will be read, and instead simply focus on penning down your thoughts, it might help. I have tried versions of free writing in the past. It generally results in stupid writing that I would die than have read. But it makes it easier to, as you said, just write 😳
Sarcy thumbnail
Hm, will give it a shot. Maybe. 🤔
twerping thumbnail

Hm, will give it a shot. Maybe. 🤔

🤗
I think we should sleep now! 😆
Sarcy thumbnail

Originally posted by: twerping

🤗
I think we should sleep now!😆

I'm tempted but the update remains incomplete and I have only an hour. 😔
Edited by -Sarcy- - 7 years ago
twerping thumbnail

I'm tempted but the update remains incomplete and I have only an hour. 😔

Shucks! I make you do this every time! Keep.you up late chatting and then you don't get enough sleep.
Really, next time do not encourage me!
Hope you get some sleep after sehri.
Love
Twerps.
Sarcy thumbnail

Originally posted by: twerping

Shucks! I make you do this every time! Keep.you up late chatting and then you don't get enough sleep.
Really, next time do not encourage me!
Hope you get some sleep after sehri.
Love
Twerps.

LOL! 😆

It's not your fault that both of us get carried away. I'll make sure I catch some sleep after fajr. The update will now come some time later tomorrow. :P

You have a good night, babe. 🤗
Sarcy thumbnail
Twerps, did you get a chance to check out the links I shared?