Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
What exactly did Devasena get from her life?
The best human on earth as her husband for a year or so, getting to know exactly how great he is, and then losing him forever. Not only him but her newborn. And then she survived twenty five years in the belief that Mahendra will return, in the worst condition possible.

And lastly she became the rajmata, her son with her husband's face became the king, he already has a mother who brought him up, a girl he loves. Yet Mahendra is great enough to maybe love his real mother like hell too. But devasena, will she ever be happy again? EVER? Without the man who stood by her no matter anything, the man who gave away everything for her, and the man who was murdered for a throne he never demanded?

What exactly remains the meaning of devasena's life ever after?
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Penfolk

What exactly did Devasena get from her life?

The best human on earth as her husband for a year or so, getting to know exactly how great he is, and then losing him forever. Not only him but her newborn. And then she survived twenty five years in the belief that Mahendra will return, in the worst condition possible.

And lastly she became the rajmata, her son with her husband's face became the king, he already has a mother who brought him up, a girl he loves. Yet Mahendra is great enough to maybe love his real mother like hell too. But devasena, will she ever be happy again? EVER? Without the man who stood by her no matter anything, the man who gave away everything for her, and the man who was murdered for a throne he never demanded?

What exactly remains the meaning of devasena's life ever after?

Devasena is a complete person in herself, raised to be brave, strong, independent and with a mind of her own and a strong sense of self. Amarendra added to her life, but she did not need him to be the person she was. What happened to her would have felled a lesser person. But she chooses to be imprisoned. In BB1, Kattappa offers to cut her chains and set her free. He makes it seem that he has made this offer many times but he will not free her unless she tells him to. She has this conviction, a strong belief that her son is alive and will free her. She builds a pyre stick by stick to kill Ballaladeva based on that belief. It takes a person of strong mental strength not to slip into insanity under these circumstances. In fact Kattappa indirectly says so and Devasena refutes that with such ferocity he is forced to take a step back.

@Red Such a woman will find meaning in any circumstance. The circumstances don't define her, she makes her circumstances suit her, not vice versa. I think she will be a mentor more than mother to Mahendra. She will teach him to rule. He is a mountain man, not used in the ways of ruling a kingdom. Avantika is in awe of Devasena and his adoptive mom is a simpleton. Devasena will actually have a very powerful role in her son's kingdom IMO
eating_orange thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

The girls here were in awe of him too! 😳
Penkie06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justmoi

Devasena is a complete person in herself, raised to be brave, strong, independent and with a mind of her own and a strong sense of self. Amarendra added to her life, but she did not need him to be the person she was. What happened to her would have felled a lesser person. But she chooses to be imprisoned. In BB1, Kattappa offers to cut her chains and set her free. He makes it seem that he has made this offer many times but he will not free her unless she tells him to. She has this conviction, a strong belief that her son is alive and will free her. She builds a pyre stick by stick to kill Ballaladeva based on that belief. It takes a person of strong mental strength not to slip into insanity under these circumstances. In fact Kattappa indirectly says so and Devasena refutes that with such ferocity he is forced to take a step back.

@Red Such a woman will find meaning in any circumstance. The circumstances don't define her, she makes her circumstances suit her, not vice versa. I think she will be a mentor more than mother to Mahendra. She will teach him to rule. He is a mountain man, not used in the ways of ruling a kingdom. Avantika is in awe of Devasena and his adoptive mom is a simpleton. Devasena will actually have a very powerful role in her son's kingdom IMO

well said and I too am pretty extremely sure that devasena will play the role shivagami did for mahismati kingdom, in a better an more just manner.
But I do believe, an emptiness will haunt her forever. Katappa freeing her meant she bad to escape only to be dragged back by bhalla. Instead she waited for his death in the hands of her own son. She had no problem with mahendra freeing her even when he knew nothing of nothing. 😊
Penkie06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: eating_orange

The girls here were in awe of him too! 😳

awww thank you sooo much. Such a lovely morning with this man soothing my eyes.❤️
Penkie06 thumbnail
The songs speak so much for a movie.
Jio re Bahubali song had a line ,' maa jo kabhi maang le toh, maang le toh wo pal me jaan de!! '
Now I understand why katappa chose to kill him because if he killed himself maybe through Shivagami's orders or fell weak enough for her to kill him, that would be the gravest sin of Shivagami.
By the way do you think amarendra knew his mother too conspired to kill him? Katappa said "rajyadesh tha tumhe maarne ka". He might have believed bhalla killed him but her mother? If he knew, I don't believe what exactly he had felt while dying. No human should go through this. Never.
AladdinKaChirag thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Penfolk i think he knew, coz the right to get someone executed was in sivagami's hands, that is what bhallal said when his father told him to get amarendra murdered right?
I loved the adoptive parents of shiva/mahendra too.. They were quite simpleton but loved mahendra just like their pwn son, somehow reminded me of nand and yashoda, it wasn't specified whether they chose to stay with mahendra or go back to their village. The last coronation scene was beautiful though, both his mothers were present and both performed the rituals, sangha applied tilak to him and devsena put the crown on his head 😳
Penkie06 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..PikACHU...

Penfolk i think he knew, coz the right to get someone executed was in sivagami's hands, that is what bhallal said when his father told him to get amarendra murdered right?

Yet he said , maa ka khayal rakhna.

Main aise hi nhi itnaa roti hoon iss bande k liye!Kisne bola tha ise inna perfect hone ko?
Edited by Penfolk - 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Penfolk

Yet he said , maa ka khayal rakhna.

Main aise hi nhi itnaa roti hoom iss bande k liye? Kisne bola tha ise inna perfect hone ko?

Yup i was already crying till that momment and when he said this 😭 But y did he say that? I wonder what he felt during that momment?