Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

576281 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Penfolk

Guys can you tell me why the hell amarendra hit the chord so much?

What do you feel?

Welcome New members. Specially to you.

That's because we have a huge dearth of perfect characters as heroes in our movies...Too many slice of life characters where being imperfect is termed as relatable and even fashionable! And then comes a Amarendra and a Devasena, people obviously will go berserk on finding such heroes whom they can emulate, love and learn from!

And hello to everyone...Sorry for the late entry! 😃 *waves hands*
576281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Justmoi

Devasena is a complete person in herself, raised to be brave, strong, independent and with a mind of her own and a strong sense of self. Amarendra added to her life, but she did not need him to be the person she was. What happened to her would have felled a lesser person. But she chooses to be imprisoned. In BB1, Kattappa offers to cut her chains and set her free. He makes it seem that he has made this offer many times but he will not free her unless she tells him to. She has this conviction, a strong belief that her son is alive and will free her. She builds a pyre stick by stick to kill Ballaladeva based on that belief. It takes a person of strong mental strength not to slip into insanity under these circumstances. In fact Kattappa indirectly says so and Devasena refutes that with such ferocity he is forced to take a step back.

@Red Such a woman will find meaning in any circumstance. The circumstances don't define her, she makes her circumstances suit her, not vice versa. I think she will be a mentor more than mother to Mahendra. She will teach him to rule. He is a mountain man, not used in the ways of ruling a kingdom. Avantika is in awe of Devasena and his adoptive mom is a simpleton. Devasena will actually have a very powerful role in her son's kingdom IMO

What a beautiful post! 👏
Citronella thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

The songs speak so much for a movie.

Jio re Bahubali song had a line ,' maa jo kabhi maang le toh, maang le toh wo pal me jaan de!! '
Now I understand why katappa chose to kill him because if he killed himself maybe through Shivagami's orders or fell weak enough for her to kill him, that would be the gravest sin of Shivagami.
By the way do you think amarendra knew his mother too conspired to kill him? Katappa said "rajyadesh tha tumhe maarne ka". He might have believed bhalla killed him but her mother? If he knew, I don't believe what exactly he had felt while dying. No human should go through this. Never.

@bold but still...he said ma ka khayal rakhna😭
Citronella thumbnail

Originally posted by: Shlroy

Sorry I just came across this post and just could not stop myself from posting here.

I just loooved bahubali 2
Watched it thrice in the theatre becoz I feel all those sceneries, actions sequences are meant to be watched in theatre only.
All the actors were awesome but prabhas was the best. Just loved his acting his role as both Amarendra Bahubali and as Mahendra Bahubali 😳
And he is so shy and soft spoken in real life. All in all Jai Mahishmati. Great eye opener for Bollywood. Hope we can see Prabhas in many more films

yep..I saw the teaser of his new film 'saho' which will release nxt year..😛
Citronella thumbnail
Iam totally into that song kanna nidurinchara❤️
and I think i am never going to get over this 😆
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Amarendra Bahubali was a righteous men & he never even once changed his course from dharma to adharma & I guess that is what made the connect. He ruled the hearts of his people. The best part about devasena & amarendra was he always treated her as his equal & never for a second considered her inferior. This is why women have gone crazy over him . He never chose between devasena & shivagami but chose between right & wrong . Devasena was fierce & fearless as she didn't hesitate in voicing her opinion when she knew she was right . The way prabhas played amarendra Is something else . His body language was awsum as amarendra.
MS-meghasharma thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I am actually looking for a partner to watch it second time . I really want to see it again in cinema hall
Citronella thumbnail

Originally posted by: MS-meghasharma

I am actually looking for a partner to watch it second time . I really want to see it again in cinema hall

mee too😆 will try to watch in telugu
AladdinKaChirag thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

I don't know but my friend watched it in tremendous picture quality on phone.

Really? How?Some videos on youtube are also super clean, like that coronation scene. I want to watch the movue again and again 😭
Penkie06 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Welcome cricketfan1, Annabelle96, citronella!

@citronella

Are you talking of Kanha Soja Zaraa? Haha language problem now. It's the most beautiful song of the movie and the symbolisms were beyond words. Like Amarendra being showered with flowers, sprinkled with water and gushed with fire when devsena did the same to kanha. Just awestriking!!

@ms_meghasharma

Exactly so. Ladies connect to him because he knows how to treat ladies. Leaving everything secondary , I liked the fact that he never even kissed devsena until she came forward to kiss him. Shows what class he belonged to!
Edited by Penfolk - 7 years ago