Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

576281 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Sangat is the most repelling show I have ever attempted to watch...I couldn't believe what I was watching..and how the bloody rapist gets glorified and shown as some bechara who galti se did a mistake...🤢
I do not know anyone who managed to watch the show more than for 2-3 episodes...its just a pukeworthy show...The writer must be having so much gandagi in his/her brain to come up with such convoluting stuff...yuck!
--HiNa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sanashau

I don't agree with you. Yes they wanted the audience to sympathize with the rapist in Sangat. I haven't watched bekhudi so can't comment. But we cannot show rape the way they did in sangat!

right
in bekhudi her cousin rape her because he loved her but she was getting married to someone else
just few days before the wedding and she get pregnant
but no one knew who was the guy who raped her because it was dark in room when he raped her so her parents gets her married to that rappist cousin and feel as he is some short of khuda
but after many years truth came out when his sister didnt accept his daughter saying pata nahi kiska ganda khoon ha me apne bete ke liye kabhi nhi karogi so he tells the truth to everyone that it was me who is her father who raped her mother but his daughter never forgive him and didnt let him come on her wedding so he die while asking forgiveness to GOD
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
There was no sympathy for zahid in sangat
He was shown repenting but he was never glorified

In both bekhudi and sangat they showed guys can sometimes cross the line in a frenzy of not getting the gal they like so much...

Both shows showed what can happen if a normal guy commits such heinous crime n if he repents later truly ...is it forgivable

But in both shows the answer has been NO n in both cases the culprit had been shown getting the punishment

The difference being in bekhudi n sang the rape didn't happen by a gunda who rapes gals for fun

It was two boys who did it as an act of frustration n then realized what big blunder they did n repented by asking forgiveness from Allah m also trying to do good to the victim but NOTHING is enuf as compensation n they met their ultimate end...

Showing them repent doesn't mean they r being glorified or the writer is asking us to sympathize with the rapists

The message was u won't be forgiven irrespective of how much u repent

But rape is still an unforgivable crime n what Islam says about this has also been shown thru dialogues of zahid n the moulovi

Zahid n noor Hassan in both shows had been shown in constant mental trauma n frustration

It's not as if Saba n Sarah Khan was shown ishq laraoing with the guys after the truth came out

They always used to give them disgusted looks but had to face them for the respective daughters

mimixoxo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MaNanHoLiC

right
in bekhudi her cousin rape her because he loved her but she was getting married to someone else
just few days before the wedding and she get pregnant
but no one knew who was the guy who raped her because it was dark in room when he raped her so her parents gets her married to that rappist cousin and feel as he is some short of khuda
but after many years truth came out when his sister didnt accept his daughter saying pata nahi kiska ganda khoon ha me apne bete ke liye kabhi nhi karogi so he tells the truth to everyone that it was me who is her father who raped her mother but his daughter never forgive him and didnt let him come on her wedding so he die while asking forgiveness to GOD

so that's the story of bekhudi my poor noor😳
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Coming to the article
Feroze was neither a rapist nor a wife beater in gul e rana

There was no marital rape

Yes feroze was shown getting married to her forcibly but after that there was no physical molestation from his side to gul e rana

But he didn't used to respect her or her wishes

Gul e rana also had a lot of ego

And in the end he was NOT shown as a hero...gul e rana was shown leaving him in the end

Is the writer seeing rape everywhere even if it's not there in dramas
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Producers n writers of Asian subcontinent always milked the rape issue
Before the most common moie track was heroine being raped n hero saving her or taking revenge afterwards

Thank God that aspect is too cliched to be in films now

And coming to pak dramas udaari n roag showed the direct affects of rape ...the way we know

And bekhudi sangat muqabil we saw what if things were a bit different

Yet none of the shows "sensationalised" nor "glorified" the act nor the culprit

And addressed the issue from a different angle yet showed how the fate is same n it's unforgivable

It's so much better than the saas bahu shows

And all these 3 shows r superhits and the pak tv drama viwers r mostly women

So if they indeed glorified the culprit or tried to justify the act ...do u think audience wud hv accepted it

Plus get ur facts right gal...coz u said no one raised a finger on yasir Hussain for his comment on hum awards ...lol where were u that night...coz for that one statement all hell broke lose on social media ...twitter Insta fb...people bashing yasir left right centre

Even ahsan posted against it

Then yasir had to post an apology...so what do u mean that no one reacted to yasir statement whereas the real scenario is completely different

Seeing the facts it seems like the writer just needs an excuse to bash the drama industry which is finally opening up to different social issues instead of saas bahu crap

And if she is so traumatised seeing such dramas then refrain from watching them
--HiNa-- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: mimixoxo

so that's the story of bekhudi my poor noor😳

yes it is
being the rapist he lived happily married with his victim and she never knew about it
infact she was proud and ASAN-MAND of him for marrying her 🥱kisi aur ka gunah apney sir le liya🥱
if it was not about his beti ki zindagi ka sawal he would have never confessed it

_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
While there will be shows that manage to convey the topic poorly, there are shows like Muqabil and Udaari too for every Sangat and Chup Raho...
Slowly but steadily we're getting to there
The_Imane thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Sangat was so creepy !
If rape cannot be threated sensibly then it shudnt be shown, be it husband or lover or cousin, you can't see the rapist living freely like that.

If it was me I would surely complain in police and how long the case would take I would get him to rot in jail.

Women have to stand up for their rights, it's not okay to show men molesting/dominating/raping women in shows and not get them punished at the end.

A rapist can always regret but most of the time he's concious about what he's doing so he have to be punished/sentenced.
ISano thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
sangat ws the most disgusting serial i have ever come across.. it was just disgusting how proud zahid ahmed was telling how strong his character was before it aired. yuck..
i havent seen other shows apart from udaari.. and sangat..
i feel ahsan khan should have won best actor in negative role instead..
i remember how hesitated he was accepting the role as told on jaago pakistan jaago..

wow i didnt knew ahmed ali butt said something as disgusting as that about toofiyaan bhi kha leta..