Neerja director Ram Madhvani to helm Game of Thrones-like Indian web s

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Neerja director Ram Madhvani to helm Game of Thrones-like Indian web series?

EntertainmentFP StaffMay, 01 2017 13:00:51 IST
#Amazon streaming service#Game of thrones#Neerja national award#Prasoon joshi#Ram madhvani#Ram madhvani neerja

Hello Game of Thrones fans, get ready for an Indian version of George RR Martin's epic saga which will be streaming on a computer near you.

Ram Madhvani and Sonam Kapoor talk about Neerja. Image courtesy: News18

Ram Madhvani and Sonam Kapoor talk about Neerja. Image courtesy: News18

The director of the national award winning film Neerja, Ram Madhvani, is all set to direct a web series instead of going the conventional route of choosing the big screen to tell his story.

As reported by DNA, the buzz is that Madhvani is going to direct a direct a web series titled Bodhi Dharma with adman-lyricist Prasoon Joshi writing the screenplay. The web series is said to very expensive. It is expected to be India's version of the Hollywood television series Game of Thrones and is being produced by the streaming giant Amazon.

Madhvani toldPTI, "Some months ago we came across Aparna from Amazon Prime (where the series will be streamed)and she asked us to consider to make it into a series and Prasoon and I jumped at it. It began as a feature film but it will be a series now."

He also talked about how he doesn't fear backlash for historical projects (like Sanjay Leela Bhansali's Padmavati) because he has done extensive research on the subject. "I would fear backlash if I have not researched on the subject. We have had enough people to help us in the research," Ram said.

Madhvani isn't the first Bollywood film director to turn to the web to tell stories. Kabir Khan, who is helming the Salman Khan starrer Tubelight is also all set to direct a web series tentatively titled The Forgotten Army. 

Vikram Bhatt recently released a web series on BDSM titled Maaya.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Star_girl thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sonam ko Daenerys banao. Jokes apart, I have been hearing about this Desi GOT for a while now and idk about this. Probably a good director+good PH can handle some of it but the scope of the original was so vast in the beginning, don't really believe Bollywood or television can capture it tbh. 
QueenRhaenys thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Wishing him all the best for the project. He's an amazing director and i have no doubts it'll be a treat to watch.Looking forward to it just wish it was with Netflix instead of Amazon.
serendipity_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Intriguing. 
Not too sold on the genre, but Madhvani seems like a good director so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. Hope many others follow suit and create some interesting content for us to watch!