Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

He's right. Still, haven't seen any of these stars come & express condolences. Also pretty sure B Sr just wrote that blog or whatever post this tweet.. People today only care about success & all that shines like a diamond. The same ppl will shun & abuse you if you fall a little. 😡

I saw Big B and Jr B at the funeral in the video.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Justmoi

No MEB, BigB was supposedly promoting Sarkar 3, he left as soon as he got the news. He is very good about funerals and congratulations IMO.

Yes I just saw. You're right. He is. Whatever the reason might be, he is always there.. Except when his dying director needed him & he didn't do anything!! AFAIK. 😡

But this instance, he can't be faulted.
870349 thumbnail
Maybe some are busy

Isn't Salman on tour
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: BB10

man, that's kinda harsh. :(
Speaking from personal experience, I wore sunglasses to my grandfather's funeral (this could count as TMI), just because I knew if anyone looked me in the eye, I would break down. I was so emotionally distraught, that keeping myself shielded in any way, gave me some semblance of normality.

Same. TMI, but that's what I did at my grand-mothers funeral recently b/c everyone looking at you, gauging your reaction etc feels quite invasive.. And un-necessary? Dunno. And the media here is super-voyeuristic & it's disgusting.
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Maroon5.0

Maybe some are busy

Isn't Salman on tour

salman is in mumbai , kal photo aaya tha uska with kabir khan in bandra
576281 thumbnail
Oh wearing sunglasses during the funerals is a taboo too now?😲
I wore them too, to shield my blood shot eyes as I was crying my heart out during my dad's funeral and wanted to keep it private from the prying eyes...And those who understood they did, those who did not, well talk to my hand!
Pappu.Pager thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Maybe b/c people are busy with their schedule and commitments. Obvly, these are your co-workers at the end of the day. Everyone dies. Every single day. No one needs to be put on pedestal. Maybe they grieved in a more private matter. Rishi Kapoor is an idiot. He's looking for attention. People are pre-occupied with their schedules.
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Vinod Khanna grew up in South Bombay, had a rich lifestyle, did movies, took sanyas, rejoined movies, then politics. Had a wonderful life, children, lived a wholesome life. He's one of the lucky ones. Rishi Kapoor had no business being dramatic about Vinod Khanna's funeral.

Maybe the young generation wasn't close to Khanna family. Khanna children have different circle of friends. Usually Bollywood young gen shows up when one of their friend's parent passes away or if they're close to the family. Vinod Khanna's funeral was well attended by the people who mattered to him. Mayb the actors (all 3 Khans were out of country) will visit Khannas later.

As for Rishi's tweet, probably he had a painful realization that when he dies, most people will visit him because he's Ranbir Kapoor's father not for him. That's how fame works.
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Justmoi

You can't force people to go to a funeral especially for someone they did not know and his sons did not have a connection with. As for Rishiji, he should not worry, when his time comes young BW would turn out in force. For Ranbir.

If they wish they can wish for the person in their hearts too...that will be equally genuine
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Death is inevitable. A reality. Media, people on Twitter, in general...there's lot of drama and commentary about funerals these days. It's a private matter. How people grieve is up to them. Wearing dark glasses, dressing well, smiling...none of it tells you how much the person is affected. An outsider will never know.

In olden times (all over the world), crying even at funerals was a taboo among the royals. So there were a group of people (in India they were called rudaalis-lower caste) who used to beat chest, wear black and cry loudly at every funerals. That was their job. They were paid for it. Even now you see calm and composure at royal funerals. People think those who cry loudly and beat chests are the only ones who feel the pain. That's one way of grieving. Regaling, talking about happy incidents is another way of grieving. Anupam Kher had a party after his dad's death. Shilpa Shetty was criticized for posting a smiling photo at her dad' asthi visarjan.

My Dad passed away in 2014. I was smiling, greeting and thanking guests, making conversation. Some men in the family expected me to sit in a room and cry because that's what women do. I don't cry in front of people. It's been two years and the pain is unbearable. Time doesn't heal the pain of losing your dear ones. A part of me died too and I'm a changed person.
Edited by .Iconoclast. - 7 years ago