He was my mother's absolute favourite ❤️
222149 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I love this song..typical RDB/Kishore da song
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZiJiFQIQDo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNZ8d0eBNJo&app=desktop[/YOUTUBE]
This is my fav song of all time.
I heard it wen i was 6 or 7 , since than a lot of things come and changed but song has stuck throughout my life.
222149 thumbnail
filmmaker Muzaffar Ali's(shaad Ali's dad) tribute...

Farewell Sultan

My heart reaches out to all those grieved by Vinod's passing away today. He leaves a void in all our lives. Many for what he stood for and for me what I had imagined him to be in Zooni in the way we had dreamt and which can never be made. Vinod playing Sultan Yusuf Shah Chak, was the driving force of the film. One kept hoping he will conquer his illness till he finally succumbed to his fate.
Vinod brings back the four seasons of 1989 scheduled for making Zooni. From the snow to spring to summer and the autumn, Zooni based on the 16th queen of Kashmir, Habba Khatoon, played by charismatic Dimple Kapadia was to capture the jamevar of a palette that is so specially Kashmir. Vinod was part of this miasma of nature unlike a Bollywood star but an integral part of the texture of 16th century Kashmir so lovingly crafted by Mary McFadden and our design team. I bought a special grey horse from Qadiyan who I named Shams. He was a wild horse never broken in. It was on Vinod to give the perfect a shot on the unruly stallion. But he did it. He was a real man in every sense of the word. The Sultan will now never come back to his troubled valley and his beloved queen Habba Khatoon.

Muzaffar Ali
Edited by MinzPie - 7 years ago
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
RIP Vinod Khanna. You're amazing & magnificent.
222149 thumbnail
Narendra ModiVerified account @narendramodi
More

Will always remember Vinod Khanna as a popular actor, dedicated leader & a wonderful human. Pained by his demise. My condolences.

Shatrughan Sinha @ShatruganSinha
More

Vinod Khanna, truly "Mere Apne", one of my most admired and loved personalities, the supremely handsome & talented superstar is no more..1>2

Right from films to politics, Vinod Khanna & I sailed together and he leaves behind an entire generation & more of fans, admirers...2>3

..friends, well wishers & loved ones grieving after him. May his noble soul find solace in the land of the almighty. Love you, miss you..3>4

My prayers and heartfelt condolences to his loved ones and his family. Very sad day for all of us. May his soul rest in peace. Amen.

Long journey, unforgettable association, lasting memories...

Manisha KoiralaVerified account @mkoirala
More

Unbelievable loss!!Heartfelt condolences to the family on the passing away of one of the most charismatic actors #VinodKhanna ji.

Akshay KumarVerified account @akshaykumar
More

Sad to learn about the passing away of #VinodKhanna Sir,one of the most charismatic actors...truly end of an era.Condolences to the family

RajinikanthVerified account @superstarrajini
More

My dear friend Vinod Khanna... will miss you, RIP. My heartfelt condolences to the family.

Rishi KapoorVerified account @chintskap
More

Last of the actors born in 1946,Peshawar,then British India,leaves us-Vinod Khanna.

Strange coincidence. Friends Vinod Khanna and Feroz Khan die the same day 27th April. Khan sahab passed away 27th April 2009 Bangalore.

Remembering the good times with you,Vinod. Thank you for being my friend.

More

Will miss you Amar. RIP.

500 replies3,968 retweets11,433 likes

Virender SehwagVerified account @virendersehwag
More

Heartfelt condolences on the passing away of one of the most charismatic actors #VinodKhanna ji. Om Shanti !

Anushka SharmaVerified account @AnushkaSharma
More

Remembering d glorious achievements & contribution of Vinod KhannaJI in cinema& his inspirational contribution as a human being in life RIP

KajolVerified account @KajolAtUN
More

RIP Vinod uncle . The original panther stride man! They truly don't make em like that anymore.

Ajay DevgnVerified account @ajaydevgn
More

They don't make them like that anymore. RIP Vinod Sir.

Hema MaliniVerified account @dreamgirlhema
More

Sad loss today of a wonderful human being, a classy actor & a dear friend & co star.His last film with me was Ek Thi Rani. RIP Vinod Khanna

Anil KapoorVerified account @AnilKapoor
More

My heartfelt condolences to the whole Khanna family... He will live on through his legacy & in our hearts... #VinodKhanna you will be missed

Edited by MinzPie - 7 years ago
chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
He was a legend and always will be, so true. We may not realise this, but I have heard so many people of that era telling how he had become a strong competitor for Amitabh Bachchan in those days. That his screen presence almost always over powered Big B when in same film, only one to do that. Not saying anything about his acting skills because for me personally he was a good actor But as a superstar, he was the only one to give tough competition to Big B. Had he not left the industry at the peak of his career, story of Big B and Vinod Khanna as superstars might have been different in 80s with both of them sharing no.1 throne.
Not to mention, he was maybe only one or maybe of those few actors who started as a successful handsome villain; and successfully changed track as a hero too. He will be missed, but he left a good legacy of films behind. certainly one of most handsome heroes of Bollywood.