Subhash Ghai to remake Khalnayak

touch_of_pink thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 7 years ago

Subhash Ghai to remake Khalnayak

DECCAN CHRONICLE. | MANISHAA R
PublishedApr 24, 2017, 12:02 am IST
UpdatedApr 24, 2017, 12:02 am IST
At one stage, he was contemplating a sequel to the film, but now he has made up his mind about remaking it.
Subhash Ghai

Veteran filmmaker Subhash Ghai, who made some of the most celebrated films in the '80s and '90s, such as Karz, Karma, Ram Lakhan, Khalnayak and Taal, is all set to revive his production house, Mukta Arts in 2018 with the announcement of three films. The first of the three films will be the remake of the 1993 Sanjay Dutt starrer, Khalnayak. At one stage, he was contemplating a sequel to the film, but now he has made up his mind about remaking it. "We had a ready script for Khalnayak Returns, but we noticed that there was a huge demand for the remake of the film. Also, if we make a sequel, the original will be lost. We are now looking at a grand remake of Khalnayak," he said. There has been speculation that at least three new generation stars are in the race for the title role but Ghai is yet to take a final call. "A good number of young stars are eager to play the role of Ballu, that Sanjay Dutt essayed in the original. I cannot name them but I am in talks with them. They are very much keen to reprise the roles from the original," he said.

Apparently, Ghai's decision to revive his production house is in keeping with his plan to club production, distribution and exhibition under one umbrella, which is why his exhibition wing Mukta Cinemas, has been acquiring major screens. He is also planning to tap the expertise of ex-Whistling Woods filmmakers like Shashank Khaitan, who recently delivered a hit in Badrinath Ki Dulhania. "I am looking at intensifying my production base and combining it with the best of the 1,400 strong alumni from Whistling Woods; I am proud of Shashank," he said. Recently, Ghai hosted a special screening of his 1980 classic Karz, at his recently acquired iconic theatre, New Excelsior. "I want to revive the golden era of cinema where a 500-plus audience celebrates the biggest of films," he said.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/entertainment/bollywood/240417/subhash-ghai-to-remake-khalnayak.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

springkissed thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Bollywood and its remakes. When is it going to stop already? It's like they are completely out of original ideas. 🥱
263437 thumbnail
It is too hard to come up with something fresh and original I guess.
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Why not try something new ?
snatch thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
not actors n actresses these people are actually delusional n clueless
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: DriftInfinitely

It is too hard to come up with something fresh and original I guess.

They never did :)

But it's worse now
Edited by ---Betty--- - 7 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
"Also, if we make a sequel, the original will be lost." - What does that mean?

Sequel is a better idea than a remake but they have to come up with a story, new plot line, that is tough for BW.

Three generation of stars are in the race for title role. - How is that possible and who're they?

AB sr, AB jr and who's the third one RK, RS?

Edited by ---Betty--- - 7 years ago
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Doubt if it will work though as mostly remakes do not work nowadays
dabang4life thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This could work with a cast on ranbir and ranveer. Ranbir to play Sanjay duty...
Chudailpaapi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
It won't work. Who will play Madhuri? Ram Lakhan is a better option. 😊 Varun and Arjun Kapoor will be a dream cast along with Disha and Kriti.