Pujaran (TV One) : ZahidAhmed, Sarwat Gilani

stardust2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Is anybody following this drama? Although im dislikubg Zahid s clean shaven look, so far the drama looks interesting.
What does Pujaran mean in urdu? Is ut same as hindi wala pujaran? If so, how does it fit in islam?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Zahid looks amazing as clean shaven here
theres already a thread on this
and what does the show have to do with Islam?
stardust2011 thumbnail

Originally posted by: HeavenlyBliss.

theres already a thread on this

and what does the show have to do with Islam?

Puja and idol worship is not a valid concept in islam. And characters of this show are not hindu based either so wondering why the show is named Pujaran? Puja in hindi refers to worship usually performed by hindus.
JNam thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Pujaran is also a regular noun in hindi that can be used metaphorically. It isn't uncommon to say something like, "she is such a worshipper of wealth" using the word "pujaran". The word may have, in antiquity, originated from a term related to a specific religion but the word has long been set free of that religious association and absorbed by modern Hindi, which is a language used by many different people of many different religious and cultural traditions. It isn't just a language of the Hindus. And similarly, there are several hindus for whom it is a second or third language. The "real" language of Hindu scriptures is sanskrit much like Latin is the language in which Christian scriptures were originally written. Just like many formerly religious words have been absorbed into the language Hindi, many ecclesiastical terms like priest or Bible or church have also found their way into regular English. For example, it isn't uncommon or blasphemous or disrespectful to use expressions like "the gym is my church" or "Agatha Christie's books are my bible" in English.

Originally posted by: stardust2011

Puja and idol worship is not a valid concept in islam. And characters of this show are not hindu based either so wondering why the show is named Pujaran? Puja in hindi refers to worship usually performed by hindus.

you just answered your own questuin😆...pujaran means worshipper...and here the girl is a worshipper of money
stardust2011 thumbnail

you just answered your own questuin😆...pujaran means worshipper...and here the girl is a worshipper of money

That was my confusion as well. I thought it was blasphemous to be a worshipper of anything or anybody other than Allah. I dont understand blasphemy much but i see lots of comments in YouTube under the drama videos that what is being shown is wring or shirk etc. Hence i was looking for some clarification from those who know better.
i guess they found this to be the most appropriate word for worship...since the urdu word for worship is ibadat but that word is exclusively for God only
stardust2011 thumbnail

i guess they found this to be the most appropriate word for worship...since the urdu word for worship is ibadat but that word is exclusively for God only

Thanks for clarifying.