Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Hydro123 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I was reading a news article in which African student association in India's president Samuel Jack said there is deep rooted racism issue in India.
First reply was : This kaalu should stfu. We are not racist.
Edited by Hydro123 - 7 years ago
CutiePie111 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh it was very brave of Abhay to specifically name and shame the offenders. All others make generic remarks and it makes no difference. Btw the biggest offender is Yami-why did he leave her out?
MadOwhat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hippopotamus

give this clown an endorsement to shut him up

he is jealous of us fair people...

we the fair ones never said darker skins are bad..all are beautiful

just because some stars consider fairness better does not mean its our fault.

Ok. ...Lord Mountbatton

Angrez chale gaye...Lekin 🤬 chod gaye
serendipity_10 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CutiePie111

Oh it was very brave of Abhay to specifically name and shame the offenders. All others make generic remarks and it makes no difference. Btw the biggest offender is Yami-why did he leave her out?

Not famous enough. He specifically picked the biggies.
Anachronist thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: MadOwhat

Ok. ...Lord Mountbatton

Angrez chale gaye...Lekin 🤬 chod gaye

hippo white kab se ho gaya 😆
MadOwhat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: CutiePie111

Firstly offender is a wrong word ...iit it was a crime they would have been behind bars...if any of them have supported the superiority claim in their ...you can call them irresponsible and insensitive ...even greedy.

Secondly...nothing brave sitting behind the monitor and making a tweet ...if he is serious about the issue he should'go. And file a PIL on all the ad he considers inappropriate...instead of throwing the ball in the air ...and hoping some else will catch.

NDTV has been running a campaign claiming they they don't encourage fairness ads on their channel...typical pseudo liberal approach ...don't solve the problem ...just associate with the problem to stay relevant.

~*sindhu*~ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Firstly offender is a wrong word ...iit it was a crime they would have been behind bars...if any of them have supported the superiority claim in their ...you can call them irresponsible and insensitive ...even greedy.

Secondly...nothing brave sitting behind the monitor and making a tweet ...if he is serious about the issue he should'go. And file a PIL on all the ad he considers inappropriate...instead of throwing the ball in the air ...and hoping some else will catch.

NDTV has been running a campaign claiming they they don't encourage fairness ads on their channel...typical pseudo liberal approach ...don't solve the problem ...just associate with the problem to stay relevant.

NDTV is solving the problem. Educating the society who is the root cause of the problem. Thats the whole point of the campaign.To condemn the prejudices of our society that promote fairness . The fairness products or advertisements is a effect to the cause, not really the cause. They cater to the demand of the society.If the society demanded of something else they would have gone with it. They would even start selling tanning beds if we start asking for one.

Although I do agree if someone has a problem with the advertisements rather than naming and shaming them that lasts for a week at most they can always file a PIL to question the relevance and effectiveness of such products.Cause thats the only problem with such products, they promote false claims misleading the people. Some people do but I don't know how do they end up and such products and their false claims still find their way to consumers. Also I have a problem with stars promoting things irresponsibly knowing very well how well they can influence the consumers and their buying choices.
Edited by ~*sindhu*~ - 7 years ago
Pehchaan.Kaun thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
SO right !! Appalling to see seniors like Amitabh and SRK fall so low to promote such thing.
1098676 thumbnail
Why people are blaming the actors? One of the reasons these actors became successful and are liked by the audience is coz of their fair skin. Can a black guy with great acting skills, good looks, charm, screen presence and charishma ever become a Superstar in Bollywood??? This notion existed since ages that white skin is superior than black skin. I'm myself having a dusky skin tone and I was ridiculed a lot of times in schools and colleges coz of that. Even my own family members have pointed this to me so many times. Even I got insecure of my skin and started using fairness products but nothing worked on me and eventually I stopped. In India, it's a sin to have a black skin and this will not change if some celebrities will stop endorsing fairness products. They are just doing their job.
CutiePie111 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I believe speaking about the problem and creating awareness is a good start. Filing PIL is also part of the same as it will create conversations. What in your opinion could be more concrete steps someone like Abhay or any celebrity can do?