Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WittyFlair thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
YASSS this!! So so freaking true! Good on Abhay for calling out the bullshit in BW celebs and these ads
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
When Manoj Bajpai, Nawazzuddin, Nandita Das, Konkana Sen Sharma becomes top stars of Bollyood and audience flock to watch their films, things will change. As many argue, it's a filmmaker's prerogative to offer movies to their favorites and their favorites are always the good looking movie children or model friends.

Nandita Das once mentioned that she got so bored after repeatedly being offered maid roles or someone from lower income because of her color.

Even if movie stars stop endorsing such products, there will be market for it. Even in the US, brightening products, anti aging, products that clear spots, pigmentation, freckles etc. are in demand. The expensive spot correctors, glycoloc acid masks actually makes your color two shades lighter. It gives skin a beautiful glow. Why wouldn't people use it? That said, I am with Abhay Deol on it but who will erase the prejudice from our minds?
.Iconoclast. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: NimbuMirchi

I like Kangu.. except when she goes bonkers which is more often. 😆😆

All that craziness aside, Kangana is the only actor who does things one her terms, she speaks well, speaks on important issues. If she stays off the booze and pills then she'll do great. I like how she scared KJo. It was just a fun comment on his show but he had to drag and make it nasty.
222149 thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Iconoclast.

When Manoj Bajpai, Nawazzuddin, Nandita Das, Konkana Sen Sharma becomes top stars of Bollyood and audience flock to watch their films, things will change. As many argue, it's a filmmaker's prerogative to offer movies to their favorites and their favorites are always the good looking movie children or model friends.

Nandita Das once mentioned that she got so bored after repeatedly being offered maid roles or someone from lower income because of her color.

Even if movie stars stop endorsing such products, there will be market for it. Even in the US, brightening products, anti aging, products that clear spots, pigmentation, freckles etc. are in demand. The expensive spot correctors, glycoloc acid masks actually makes your color two shades lighter. It gives skin a beautiful glow. Why wouldn't people use it? That said, I am with Abhay Deol on it but who will erase the prejudice from our minds?

wow

Word Count: 1

MadOwhat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Secularism, Feminism...now Racism ...all the ism's have become the IT thing...a pseudo fanatism.
Ajay is either ignorant or looking for sound bytes.

The issue is neither the product nor the company manufacturing the product...the fault lies in the communication ...one of which is advertisement.

If he was serious, he should file a PIL against the ads for misleading people into believing fairness is superior...recently there was a litigation against Baba Ramdev for misbranding a health product ...he had to take the advert off air...this has to be the focus area ...not banning product.

Making a choice of skin tone is a individual prerogative ...there are millions in the western world who buy Sun tan creams, which claim to give the skin a brown tone ( reverse of fairness)... But no one makes a hue and cry about it...because the ad doesn't claim it makes one superior.

P.S - it's stupid to claim the product doesn't work ...there is a clinical evidence to substantiate the claim...it will work as long as there is melanin content in the skin.

640117 thumbnail

Originally posted by: FabAahana

It's really appalling to see some being so ignorant about the presence of stigma in Indian society towards dark skin, specially girls. Where I come from, when a girl is born people don't ask whether she is healthy or not, they ask whether she was born fair or dark. If she is born dark that is equal to a curse for the parents and the child. The whole life she and the parents has to answer why she is so dark, who will marry them.

Then the parents have to think about gathering dowry. As the girl has dark skin tone the groom will demand much higher dowry as he will be doing a big favor of marrying her. The parents have to sell their souls to get their daughter married. Then during matchmaking, she has to undergo countless rejection for being dark, some even would say to her face how dark she is. After slew of rejection, she will find a groom who would take pity(and huge sum of dowry). An educated, kind, intelligent girl will get married to a guy double her age, SSC passed and who hardly makes his ends meet.

But god forbid if she finds love and gets married to a good looking, well settled guy. Then she has to live her whole life listening to taunts of butt hurt relatives and friends like "how can she get a husband like that", "she doesn't deserve him", "he will leave her soon". The in-laws too will not spare her, constantly taunting her , asking for dowry. Leading her to depression and eventually death by suicide.

That's disgusting and sad. Such ignorant and regressive people.
791198 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Hazardous

BWHAHAHA I can't stop laughing at Sonam's reply!!! 😆 Why does she enjoy being publically humiliated so much??

Because she lives in an ivory tower protected and coddled by her sycophants. I am just glad celebs like her live in the age of twitter where each of their petty remarks gets trashed in epic proportions and for good reason. 😆 They need a dose of reality check every now and then.
eating_orange thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Yes, beauty is subjective. As I have a preference of a darker guy than fair. Does that mean I find fair men unattractive? NO! The thing is, if one goes around saying FAIR=BEAUTY. Which it doesn't. It's a backwards mindset that makes it seem so. I used to have a friend who was much darker than me and she would complain all the time how she wished she was lighter.
It got to the point where I wanted to scream at her. She was beautiful but couldn't look passed her skin tone. I think with that kind of low confidence really hurts.
1011128 thumbnail
give this clown an endorsement to shut him up

he is jealous of us fair people...

we the fair ones never said darker skins are bad..all are beautiful

just because some stars consider fairness better does not mean its our fault.

chahat4u thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Schmmuck

I feel fair is beautiful. Your features truly stand out when you are fair. Brown is also okay, but pure black I don't find beautiful at all.

I see you're one of those proud Indians who would happily propogate skin harming creams, cosmetic procedures. You're one of those for whom someone's white complexion is more important than any thing else.
Edited by chahat4u - 7 years ago