Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 7 years ago
I don't mind dark skin, but I cannot tolerate fat f**ks. I find fat, ugly. Yes call me weightist.

Also see the problem with fairness creams is the propaganda that those with dark skin will not get the job, don't have confident, will not get guys/gals and all.

While obviously if I like a fair skin girl, you cannot say I am colorist or racist. That is my personal preference. But if a dark skinned girl is just cursing her life and doing everything to be fair, than that is a fault of us as a society who is driven by this white is always right propaganda.
Edited by Love_Katty_24-7 - 7 years ago
745671 thumbnail
^lol. We can get crucified together because I don't find fatness attractive either. Not that I hate overweight people or anything but nobody will convince me fat is beautiful. We all like what we like and people insisting and demanding that people change their standards really doesn't work.
TheDarkRock thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Koi movie ya ad mila Abhay ko isse? 😆
FabAahana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Some here are totally not getting the point, trivializing such important matter into preferences and choices. Will it be ok if the celebrities advertise that boys are better than girls, here take a pill and choose the gender as boy. Will you say people are free to make their choice when we have such a skewed sex ratio present in our society? Here the point is not about individual preferences but advocating regressive notion/mentality that fair is superior than dark.
kebab_me_haddi thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: FabAahana

Some here are totally not getting the point, trivializing such important matter into preferences and choices. Will it be ok if the celebrities advertise that boys are better than girls, here take a pill and choose the gender as boy. Will you say people are free to make their choice when we have such a skewed sex ratio present in our society? Here the point is not about individual preferences but advocating regressive notion/mentality that fair is superior than dark.

don't try to convince them. They totally get the point but trying to sugarcoat their inner racism with preference. Actually they are trying to convince themselves all iz well, I'm not racist, I just happened to like fair skin.

They know that nobody is questioning their preference but the reason of their preference.
FadedRain thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The amount of ignorant replies here..
Cannot believe this forum has such mentalities!
I've heard girls being KILLED for not having fair skin! How the hell are you people advocating that in a country that does that?! It is obviously an issue but since people have to support SRK or whoever else their favorite is or their love for fairness in general, they are simply disregarding the issue. Love fair skin all you want but don't ever deny the colorism present in the country. Your love for fair skin is not bigger than female infants being killed or girls going through depression and suicide for their darker skin tones
Edited by .AmazingAmy. - 7 years ago
kebab_me_haddi thumbnail
And people comparing being fat with skin colour. While being fat is unhealthy and often caused by lifestyle you are not born fat or obese but you are born with skin colour and being white/dark/brown/yellow doeasn't make you healthier or unhealthy.
TheDarkRock thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Colorism is present everywhere not only in India...It's also not about being who is beautiful and all (as people will say beauty is in the eyes of beholder)...In USA over 90% white are married with white...while hardly 7% interracial marriage or so...Too much blame on Indians only about this color preference and all
kebab_me_haddi thumbnail

This is from a children's textbook..

kebab_me_haddi thumbnail

Originally posted by: rockrahul

Colorism is present everywhere not only in India...It's also not about being who is beautiful and all (as people will say beauty is in the eyes of beholder)...In USA over 90% white are married with white...while hardly 7% interracial marriage or so...Too much blame on Indians only about this color preference and all

Dear, racism is everywhere. What if we admit that we are wrong somewhere and try to change ourselves? Why should we compare to some country which is worse than us and feel good about it "at least we're not that bad"?

Is that right approach ?
Edited by namkeen_halwa - 7 years ago