Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago
Nobody is forcing anyone to buy d product jise chahiye wahi khareed tha hai! Attention seeker 😵
MrChatVsNorway thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 4
I like Wheatish,,,I dont like dark people...call me a racist ..but i dont hate them lol
Mahabhootni thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Oh, man. Fairness creams are the dumbest crap because they don't even work lol so it's a massive scam that's only purpose is to make people feel bad so they run to buy it. Wearing a sunscreen would work better.
A hot friend's mother would actually post on her fb profile pics to take down pictures if she thought she looked too dark. Those fairness cream ads just made her feel worse. The best thing that happened to her was moving to Sweden. All the guys kind of went crazy for her and she kept a steady pace of white boyfriends. She really wanted to get hitched to a brown guy though but she was so scared to try because media totally brainwashed her. She ended up marrying a desi guy paler than her because dumb ads are dumb.
Edited by Mahabhootni - 7 years ago
FabAahana thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Luna46

I was talking about a complete black guy. The actors you mentioned have a dark skin tone but they are not completely black. And except Ajay, non of the other actors are actually superstars. But we have a white girl Katrina, who's wooden face when it comes to acting.
Yes, it's true that celebrities can influence people to some extent. But this notion of fair being better is too old and it can't be changed so easily. Big B also did a movie like Pink?? Did it changed anything? The ads of fairness creams only show the mentality of the majority of people in India. Yes, it's immoral to promote that fair is better but the production company should be blamed and not the actors. These same actors also do movies which promote stalking, eve teasing, murder, harassment and many other crimes. We can't really blame them for these things when the fault lies in audience and consumers. Actors are not supposed to do charity. Those actors who try to bring social awareness, hats off to them!! but those who don't do it can't be blamed.

@bold I answered that question, that just as Bollywood won't accept white guy, they won't accept black guy too. Give one example of Caucasian white guy in Bollywood who is superstar.
Katrina is not white. She is fair. If people would have accepted white guy then Tom Alter would have been the biggest star.

Changes won't come overnight. It took 9 years for India to become polio free after they made Amitabh Bachchan face of the campaign.

And why should the celebrities be spared. Aren't they taking a huge sum to promote such immoral notion and misusing their power of influence to make the consumer think otherwise?

Yes they make movies glorifying stalking and eve-teasing and they should be called out for it too. And they are being called out.

If they don't want to do charity, it's totally fine. But taking money, misusing their power to endorse such dogmatic & regressive thinking is unethical. You can't ignore the fact that they do have certain social responsibility and power too. That's the reason the government use celebrities to spread awareness, be it sanitation, education, tourism, etc. They have the power unlike us consumers and they should use it for the betterment of society.

1011128 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MadOwhat

Ok. ...Lord Mountbatton

Angrez chale gaye...Lekin 🤬 chod gaye

Tum bewaqof hi rahe ..lol
1011128 thumbnail
I have been to weddings and there girls put so much makeup on that they start looking like a bhoot..face is white while neck hands are real color. ..do whatever dont whiten urself thru makeup or emulsion paint

i have no idea if whitener works but I think its mostly to clean dirt etc on your face and once its gone u lighten up ...

this is why all over the world such creams are being sold as cleaning

desis also do other things to become fair
MadOwhat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hippopotamus

I have been to weddings and there girls put so much makeup on that they start looking like a bhoot..face is white while neck hands are real color. ..do whatever dont whiten urself thru makeup or emulsion paint

i have no idea if whitener works but I think its mostly to clean dirt etc on your face and once its gone u lighten up ...

this is why all over the world such creams are being sold as cleaning

desis also do other things to become fair

Oh so a cream cleans dirt...wonder what face wash does .😆...may the cream takes the dirt from the skin pore into the throat and down the intestine.

Please read about Melanin ( skin Pigment) ...and its role in whitening and darkening ...before posting Banana republic research.😆

MadOwhat thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: hippopotamus

Tum bewaqof hi rahe ..lol

Oh that's quite a intelligent reply😆
1011128 thumbnail

Originally posted by: MadOwhat

Oh so a cream cleans dirt...wonder what face wash does .😆...may the cream takes the dirt from the skin pore into the throat and down the intestine.

Please read about Melanin ( skin Pigment) ...and its role in whitening and darkening ...before posting Banana republic research.😆

r u the same person who suggested to put the wiped ass toilet paper in dustbin?

i might have mistaken u for that fool.

yes here...i have seen ad of cleansing cream...they show before and after picture of removing dust etc and then after one is fair

anyway dont waste my time and post ..just move on
Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Abhay Deol went overboard with his criticism, unnecessarily slamming people for their choices.
If people feel insecure about their skin tone, they can use fairness creams, use makeup or do whatever the hell they want to do. It is their body, their choice. Is this obsession with fairness too much? Yeah totally. Especially when you want to hide it on purpose with layers of cakey makeup.
Should anyone feel insecure? Absolutely not! But at the end of the day, we cannot force our opinions on others.
Abhay thinks that by slamming these ads he will change perceptions, but that is not going to happen. It might make a minute difference, but nothing significant. If people want to buy fairness products to feel better about themselves, they will. It is the buyer's choice. If actors want to promote these products, it is their choice. This OTT criticism project pulling up old ads was uncalled for.

P.S.: These fairness products don't even make any difference, why even bother. Lol.