Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: ---Betty---

IDK if, how and how much he and other boarders paid for their stay... He was rich, so money shouldn't have been a problem

He worked as a gardener and dishwasher in the Ashram, maybe that's how he paid for lodging, food and other 'perks' 😊

I ask because i was told its free, would love to find something like that for spirituality. Maybe sadhguru has something similar but only in India I guess.

but he used to get a lot of gifts too like rolls car, 365, one per day, lol

and the area was bought by his students.

so I don't know if staying there was free.

everyone these days charge not only for lodging but also their fee, every retreat, everywhere and its damn expensive, 7 day retreat is like 1000 dollars
1111251 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ibnbattuta

Yes predominantly pesticides and GMOs. Punjab was at the nucleus of the Green Revolution and look now even in Punjab's cities no one wants to buy Punjab wheat. Everyone wants MP sharbati.

There's so much cancer in Punjab that there's a cancer train taking Punjab patients to Bikaner cancer hospital. More so from the GM cotton, aka Bt cotton belt of Bathinda.

Then there is the White Revolution which brought poisonous A1 milk to India. That's there too. So.

Vinod was also spending most of his time in Punjab too, since he was the MP of Gurdaspur for so many years. But again, cancer is not confirmed, I hope it isn't
263437 thumbnail
Any updates on Vinod Khanna's health? Hope he is making a speedy recovery.
222149 thumbnail

Originally posted by: DriftInfinitely

Any updates on Vinod Khanna's health? Hope he is making a speedy recovery.

Vinod Khanna, who has spent the past 18 days in a hospital bed, is finally stable and recovering well.

A source from the Khanna family confirms that, "Vinod Khanna is resting well." However, his doctors have not yet decided on a discharge date.

The 70s superstar is recuperating at the Hurkison Das Hospital (Sir H.N. Reliance Foundation Hospital and Research Centre) in Girgaon and earlier this month reports claimed that he was doing rather poorly.

Vinod Khanna has been in the hospital since since April 1 but his family kept the news under wraps for four days. Then, son Rahul Khanna told a news agency that "severe dehydration" caused the trip to the hospital.

But Vinod Khanna's health grabbed national headlines on April 6 after a photo, which showed him dressed in hospital scrubs, went viral.  The handsome superstar looked emaciated in the picture and soon the rumour mills started churning out stories about his health. Some rumours even suggested bladder cancer.

Earlier Vinod Khanna's youngest son Sakshi had given SpotboyE.com an exclusive update on his father's health 

Vinod Khanna was last seen in Rohit Shetty's Dilwale alongside Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol, Varun Dhawan and Kriti Sanon.

Before he fell ill, Vinod Khanna shot for Ek Thi Rani Aisi Bhi, in which he is playing the king of Gwalior, opposite Hema Malini who essays Vijaya Raje Scindia.

Edited by MinzPie - 7 years ago
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
^^ Good to know he is recovering well
TotalBetty thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: adventurousman

I ask because i was told its free, would love to find something like that for spirituality. Maybe sadhguru has something similar but only in India I guess.

but he used to get a lot of gifts too like rolls car, 365, one per day, lol

and the area was bought by his students.

so I don't know if staying there was free.

everyone these days charge not only for lodging but also their fee, every retreat, everywhere and its damn expensive, 7 day retreat is like 1000 dollars

Have no idea about ashrams, gurus... But agree everything is very expensive...

I know Yoga retreats are very expensive... As Frasier says "nirvana ain't cheap" 😆

Btw Osho Ashram in U.S.( his Oregon commune) has the dubious honor of involving in the first bioterror attack ever in the U.S. soil

Up until then he lived like a king from what I hear (I think Rolls-Royce count was in the 90s, his followers aimed to eventually expand it to 365)

Nowadays TM is so popular among the celebrities here from Jerry Seinfeld( he's been doing it for decades now) to Bill o Reilly who usually scoffs at any eastern practices 😆

They say it's really effective 😊
adventurousman thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
who is TM?
yea nirvana ain't cheap 😆 frasier was an awesome show.

yeah I believe it was some of his disciples who did that, not sure though

jnana yoga can be done alone but its not that easy.

for kriya yoga, you probably need a genuine guru, same for shaktipat to initiate you.

1111251 thumbnail
Dashing Vinod Khanna from 1991:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooGICVBiuxY
Edited by Mard - 7 years ago
TotalBetty thumbnail

Originally posted by: adventurousman

who is TM?

yea nirvana ain't cheap 😆 frasier was an awesome show.

yeah I believe it was some of his disciples who did that, not sure though

jnana yoga can be done alone but its not that easy.

for kriya yoga, you probably need a genuine guru, same for shaktipat to initiate you.

TM is transcendental meditation by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, you must've heard of it...

Since Ashram's are getting very expensive, this might be the next best thing for inner peace and calmness (That's what they say) TM classes are not inexpensive either (exorbitant actually) but I found Dr Michael Olpin's lecture online and he simplifies it... He completely ignores the spirituality aspect of it though
But it's free, so no complaints :)

They say it's easier and you see results quicker than other meditations... It's just repeating a Mantra.
20 min - twice a day or just once a day

HW and and east cost liberals (even some conservatives), that is big shots in the entertainment industry and media are going gaga over this, like they used to with Yoga... David Lynch has a charitable foundation to teach kids TM.
TotalBetty thumbnail

Link doesn't work

But he was so dashing... He was a natural beauty or handsome, a good actor,

Was glad to hear that he was recovering, but cancer took him :-( Atleast he is free from pain...

Condolences to his family