Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Originally posted by: BollyFanLuver

Sigh, if Sonam did not deserve the Filmfare Critics Awards for Neerja, it can only be because she should have won the commercial Best Actress one because Neerja ticked all the boxes required for that filmfare award. Critical Acclaim, Flawless Direction, Boxoffice success (superhit in India, 100 + cr worldwide & bigger than Alias movies)... and Female-centric. But we all know why it did not happen. So why not lay the blame where it deserves to be: Kjo and his shenanigans.
The moment he made sure that Alia would be favored in all awards shows, that moment he made sure that Radhika Apte will not be rewarded with awards for Phobia, Madly or Parched or even Kabali!

What the 😕??
First of all, Alia Bhatt's performance in Udta Punjab was more critically acclaimed than Sonam's in Neerja. And possibly the most acclaimed of the year.
Secondly, winning the Best Actress award should have NOTHING to do with how much money the film made at the box office. Or what the subject is about. It should be about the performance and nothing else.
If Karan Johar had that much power, why wasn't his own film ADHM nominated in the Best Film category? Why did his own lead heroine not win Best Actress? Nor the hero. Nor the supporting actress. ADHM swept the board in the music categories - but it was fully deserving.
Alia's performance in UP was outstanding. To say she won because somehow Karan Johar pulled the right strings is absurd.

But there is certainly something fishy with Sonam being nominated for Best Actress 4 years in a row.
In the 64-year history of Filmfare, only 7 other women have achieved that, they are: Madhuri Dixit, Sridevi, Hema Malini, Raakhee, Rani Mukerji, Karisma Kapoor and Vidya Balan.
And if you look at the films Sonam was nominated for: Raanjhanaa / Khoobsurat / Dolly Ki Doli 😲

She stands out SO much, especially in 2015:

• 2014 Deepika Padukone - Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela as Leela Sanera
    • Deepika Padukone - Chennai Express as Meenalochini Azhagusundaram / Meenamma 'Meena'
    • Parineeti Chopra - Shuddh Desi Romance as Gayatri
    • Shraddha Kapoor - Aashiqui 2 as Aarohi Keshav Shirke
    • Sonakshi Sinha - Lootera as Pakhi Roy Chaudhary
    • Sonam Kapoor - Raanjhanaa as Zoya Haider
  • 2015 Kangana Ranaut - Queen as Rani Mehra
    • Alia Bhatt - Highway as Veera Tripathi
    • Madhuri Dixit - Dedh Ishqiya as Begum Para
    • Priyanka Chopra - Mary Kom as Mary Kom
    • Rani Mukerji - Mardaani as Shivani Shivaji Roy
    • Sonam Kapoor - Khoobsurat as Dr Mrinalini "Milli" Chakravarty
  • 2016 Deepika Padukone - Piku as Piku Banerjee
    • Deepika Padukone - Bajirao Mastani as Mastani
    • Kangana Ranaut - Tanu Weds Manu Returns as Tanuja "Tanu" Trivedi / Kumari "Kusum" Sangwan (Datto)
    • Anushka Sharma - NH10 as Meera
    • Kajol - Dilwale as Meera Dev Malik
    • Sonam Kapoor - Dolly Ki Doli as Dolly / Madhuri / Priya / Bhagyashree

zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 15 Thumbnail + 7
Pity.. She bared it all for her performances, both literally and figuratively and yet nothing.. Wese I have not seen her movie tou cannot comment.. Though I am dead sure it would be better performance than Sonam😆
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
She did a great job in Phobia, but Phobia the movie was bad. Like blah.
Although yeah she was better than Sonam in Neerja.
RamSiyaRam thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: cougarTown

weird how those scenes never disgusted people when kate winslet did those in The Reader and won an Oscar for..

even kalki had a nude scene in MWAS..i heard so..won't list that as a fact but based on what I heard yet she won a NA jury

radhika did those scenes very much coz the script demanded those..she is not a rakhi sawant to just do stuff for the heck of publicity

and even though these things should make absolute no difference..but since you mentioned..she had none of those in Phobia..the movie i was talking about..

Dont be presumptuous. Never said they are right, and why should we ape the west? They can be wrong too and their choice.

So what if Kalki had? she has done better work than only taking off clothes in most films. Radhika is being known as the one who takes off clothes rather than the one who can act.

I repeat why cant she be like Shabana, Smita, since she is being perceived to be such a great actress.

And script demand is a crappy and preposterous excuse, there is NEVER a demand. Its always for titillation only.

I dont know Phobia, may be but then bad luck.