Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
talent cannot be manipulated
it needs no certificate..

yes i would always want her mind blowing performances to be awarded coz lets be honest we all want that at the end of the day..it is supremely encouraging

however..the thing which calms me is that awards don't change facts..

radhika's talent is there for one and all to see..and the fact that people here and i am sure this is a small little molecule..overall i mean..noticed her talent and are disappointed in her not winning..speaks volumes..

similarly how they are speaking of akshay being good but not NA worthy..

proving how at the end no matter what NA you get or don't..if you are talented..people will know it and respect you for that..a NA won't make us believe you are talented..your talent alone is needed for that..not any stamp or thappa..and radhika has that in abundance..
CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cougarTown

talent cannot be manipulated

it needs no certificate..

yes i would always want her mind blowing performances to be awarded coz lets be honest we all want that at the end of the day..it is supremely encouraging

however..the thing which calms me is that awards don't change facts..

radhika's talent is there for one and all to see..and the fact that people here and i am sure this is a small little molecule..overall i mean..noticed her talent and are disappointed in her not winning..speaks volumes..

similarly how they are speaking of akshay being good but not NA worthy..

proving how at the end no matter what NA you get or don't..if you are talented..people will know it and respect you for that..a NA won't make us believe you are talented..your talent alone is needed for that..not any stamp or thappa..and radhika has that in abundance..

Aww CT🤗
It sounds hard to believe but I understand your feelings, I bet she is disappointed as well, who would not be. (tbh, had she won over Sonam i would have rejoiced too, they both delivered best for me in 2016. & Radhikas great body of work in 2016 really deserves recognition)
Radhika Apte is one of my favourites actresses period! She is a natural ... I love her... She is fearless in her acting & bindaas in real life... ❤️

Radhika is playing the Bwood game really well, i think: she is the female lead in Padman, even if the media is using more Akkis & Sonams buzz to keep the movie in the news. Her character Shanti Muruganantham is the one that inspired Arunachalam Muruganantham in inventing the lowcost sanitary pads. It is her story as well as Akkis. & unless the final editing is unfair to her, i expect her to be the one to walk away with praises for the emotional content of the movie.

You know what they say... When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. 😳& i say make the best lemonade possible! Her strategy so far is a really smart way to build presence & good will in Bwood imho... I have no doubt that she will make her mark this year in mainstream cinema with her work in Padman... & i am sure she has more interesting movies to come. That gives me hope!

cougarTown thumbnail

Originally posted by: BollyFanLuver

Aww CT🤗
It sounds hard to believe but I understand your feelings, I bet she is disappointed as well, who would not be. (tbh, had she won over Sonam i would have rejoiced too, they both delivered best for me in 2016. & Radhikas great body of work in 2016 really deserves recognition)
Radhika Apte is one of my favourites actresses period! She is a natural ... I love her... She is fearless in her acting & bindaas in real life... ❤️

Radhika is playing the Bwood game really well, i think: she is the female lead in Padman, even if the media is using more Akkis & Sonams buzz to keep the movie in the news. Her character Shanti Muruganantham is the one that inspired Arunachalam Muruganantham in inventing the lowcost sanitary pads. It is her story as well as Akkis. & unless the final editing is unfair to her, i expect her to be the one to walk away with praises for the emotional content of the movie.

You know what they say... When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. 😳& i say make the best lemonade possible! Her strategy so far is a really smart way to build presence & good will in Bwood imho... I have no doubt that she will make her mark this year in mainstream cinema with her work in Padman... & i am sure she has more interesting movies to come. That gives me hope!

totally agree to that 😃

and really looking forward to the movie..the casting seems pitch perfect..hope it does wonders for all

i would also say that i am liking the movies both sonam and akshay are choosing as well and hoping this recognition recently by NAs makes them believe more in their talent and do even better work..don't ever wana see them in the likes of thank you again..they deserve a lot better!
BhataktiJawani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
So national awards are rigged?
HZAnita thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I do wonder if Radhika is too "bold" for the people who vote for traditional film awards. She is an incredible actress, but she takes huge risks with her roles and in her personal life that some may not find "acceptable."

None of that should matter, of course. It would be nice if, someday, she was recognized for her talent by her peers in the film industry.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Completely agree. One of my favs & such a fearless actor & person. Very sad to see she wasn't even considered.
colossial.mega thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Luna46

I just hated how Sonam got the Filmfare critics award instead of Radhika. That award belonged to Radhika. In National award too she got no Best actress, no Jury award, no special mention either. It's really sad that to be in this industry, u need to have strong connections and backing. Sonam's performance is really overrated. Never seen so much hype for a special mention. Don't know what would have happened if Sonam had won for National award for Best actress. People would have hyped as if she got an Oscar.

I do not like art cinema much but I simply do not like others getting credit for someone's else performance. Radhika might be good but she needs to step up her game and compete with regional cinema actors.
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Though this year is sorta iffy, did they actually get to see the movie ? At the national level, the way I understand it a committee at the regional level decides which movies get submitted at the NA level. I would first blame it then at BW level.
If the NA committee did not see the movie how would they award anything ?
RamSiyaRam thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I disagree, its got to do with her own actions too.
She may act and all but the stripping or exposing is off putting and beyond a point it simply disgusts you. If she can control that part and focus more on performances like Shabana, Smita did then she has a chance. Till then its only cribbing and whining.
cougarTown thumbnail

Originally posted by: RamSiyaRam

I disagree, its got to do with her own actions too.

She may act and all but the stripping or exposing is off putting and beyond a point it simply disgusts you. If she can control that part and focus more on performances like Shabana, Smita did then she has a chance. Till then its only cribbing and whining.

weird how those scenes never disgusted people when kate winslet did those in The Reader and won an Oscar for..

even kalki had a nude scene in MWAS..i heard so..won't list that as a fact but based on what I heard yet she won a NA jury

radhika did those scenes very much coz the script demanded those..she is not a rakhi sawant to just do stuff for the heck of publicity

and even though these things should make absolute no difference..but since you mentioned..she had none of those in Phobia..the movie i was talking about..