Radhika Apte snubbed by the National Awards as well :(

cougarTown thumbnail
Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 9 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 7 years ago
All the commercial awards snubbed her.
I was hoping at least she will get filmfare critics award for phobia since okay may be the movie was a disaster so the main award she won't get..but at least the jury will acknowledge her with a critics one..that never happened

after all that my final bet was on National Awards..whom i had much faith on well till this year i would say..i was amused and shocked how such a brilliant performance was even snubbed by National Awards..not even a special mention..

so basically she goes home without any acknowledgment despite giving such a brilliant performance..this is just not a done deal and very discouraging for talented actors without strong backing..

#disappointed

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ImagineMe thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

It's really a shame indeed. She deserved a special jury award atleast. Phobia performance was mind blowing!! 😭
Stark_Wolf thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
May b they dint nominate d movie i mean d makers?
Eboo thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
She was snubbed last year too
1098676 thumbnail
I just hated how Sonam got the Filmfare critics award instead of Radhika. That award belonged to Radhika. In National award too she got no Best actress, no Jury award, no special mention either. It's really sad that to be in this industry, u need to have strong connections and backing. Sonam's performance is really overrated. Never seen so much hype for a special mention. Don't know what would have happened if Sonam had won for National award for Best actress. People would have hyped as if she got an Oscar.
gaymsk thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
she was awesome in phobia.
Inquisitivesoul thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Radhika is the BEST actress in the industry right now. She is just so good. Only if she got the right support.
CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Luna46

I just hated how Sonam got the Filmfare critics award instead of Radhika. That award belonged to Radhika. In National award too she got no Best actress, no Jury award, no special mention either. It's really sad that to be in this industry, u need to have strong connections and backing. Sonam's performance is really overrated. Never seen so much hype for a special mention. Don't know what would have happened if Sonam had won for National award for Best actress. People would have hyped as if she got an Oscar.

Sigh, if Sonam did not deserve the Filmfare Critics Awards for Neerja, it can only be because she should have won the commercial Best Actress one because Neerja ticked all the boxes required for that filmfare award. Critical Acclaim, Flawless Direction, Boxoffice success (superhit in India, 100 + cr worldwide & bigger than Alias movies)... and Female-centric. But we all know why it did not happen. So why not lay the blame where it deserves to be: Kjo and his shenanigans.
The moment he made sure that Alia would be favored in all awards shows, that moment he made sure that Radhika Apte will not be rewarded with awards for Phobia, Madly or Parched or even Kabali!

As for why no consideration from the National Film Awards for Radhika: did her producers put Phobia for consideration? & if they did, maybe it is the genre? I dont know how often horror/thriller movies win. I think theyre genres that are discriminated against al lot, like comedies are. That is the only explanation that could make sense, Radhika is not a controversial actress.
Edited by BollyFanLuver - 7 years ago
kimi484 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
radhika was brilliant in phobia and also parched.
she is someone who is truly underrated
and truly deserved to be rewarded for 2 mindblowing
and diverse performances in one year.
CineFanLuver thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: Inquisitivesoul

Radhika is the BEST actress in the industry right now. She is just so good. Only if she got the right support.

I agree! Support makes a world of difference. Perseverance & putting the cards we have right will help too when the support is not there yet. I have no doubt that Radhika will only grow & soon she will be impossible to ignore. She had 4 (!) critically aclaimed movies last year. FOUR!😲👏 & two have been recognized internationally.
If the indian movie industry was not helmed by tone death "experts", they would push her & her successful movies hard. Parched could be the national entry for the Oscars, it already got buzz internationally & it is about women empowerment. THIS is the big trend in Hwood right now, India would have a real chance to win this year with a bit of lobbying.